Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This came out yesterday. Looks like SF is really trying hard

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/gia...ssive-contract

Also if St Louis misses out on Stanton they are convinced that Miami likes so much of their prospects/what they have to offer they could get 1 of Ozuna or Yelich very easily.

So looks like the SF deal is now Stanton and NO CASH for Ramos and 2 prospects(Beede/Shaw?) plus IFA Cash and/or another prospect
    Last edited by tjfla; 11-30-2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      HAHA and who do u get to replace him? I mentioned this in July(remember when I said u ask St Louis for Carson Kelly because he was and is their best prospect then trade JT for more prospects) however was told by many especially U that no chance we would trade him and shouldnt get Kelly because he is a C and we have JT.

If they do trade all but Stanton, Stanton just tells Jeter OK I will play here till 2020 and opt out OR only accept a trade to LAD no one else. Just trade him to SF and start the rebuild now.

- - - - - - - - - -

In all seriousness,the FO is trying to get a young C. In fact they would love to trade Stanton to LAD and get Keibert Ruiz back in the deal

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2017/ALL

The problem is LAD can't afford him which means we have to take a contract and the deal they talked to us about was terrible. They wanted to trade us old ass Brandon McCarthy and crap prospects plus get money back to pay his salary

If they offer a Puig,Mitchell White,Keibert Ruiz for Stanton and 50 million Miami would jump all over that. Either keep Puig or trade him for more prospects

- - - - - - - - - -

Likely what will happen is there is a compromise(assuming LAD doesn't step up) and its Stanton to SF for Ramos and prospects/IFA Pool Cash OR Stanton and St Louis meet and he loves what he sees/hears and OK's a deal there.

We have outlines of deal with both of them but prefer St Louis's and are waiting to get a YES or NO from Stanton before we do anything. They don't wanna say yes to SF to early only to hear that Stanton would have went to St Louis
      My analysis of Kelly had very little to do with Realmuto. I just didnt think Kelly was as good of a prospect as people said he was, and i still dont. We have 3 years to find a long term starting catcher in that case. Or dont trade Realmuto and try and get him to sign a team friendly long term deal. If not, he's gone in 3 years, and we should trade him at the height of his value. Also, when i did bring up already having Realmuto, he was projected to have 4 more years of team control according to spotrac, and now it says 3. That might not seem like a big deal but when we are about to undergo a major rebuild and be bad for a few years that extra year is a pretty big change.

My analysis of Kelly is due to the fact that he is a sub. 700 OPS guy for his entire minor league career and has average at best catcher written all over him.

I wish we didnt trade Austin Barnes. He will be one of thebetter catchers in the league next year and his hitting ability is exactly what it seemed like it would be when he was in our system.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      This came out yesterday. Looks like SF is really trying hard

Also if St Louis misses out on Stanton they are convinced that Miami likes so much of their prospects/what they have to offer they could get 1 of Ozuna or Yelich very easily.

So looks like the SF deal is now Stanton and NO CASH for Ramos and 2 prospects(Beede/Shaw?) plus IFA Cash and/or another prospect
      that wouldnt be a great deal as far as high end prospects go, but if they take his entire deal and we still get that we should jump all over it and then work towards rebuilding the rest of the roster.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
      I'd actually rather trade Yelich than Realmuto. Yelich is the better player, but he'll bring back the better return, and it's harder to find a good catcher. Even if you bring back a good catching prospect, the hit rate on catching prospects seems to be lower than most other positions. Realmuto is cheap, and under control for a while. I'd actually consider keeping both of those guys and getting rid of everyone else if it were me, though.
      Id probably keep both for the moment and then maybe trade Realmuto after next year, but if the choice is between the 2 of them, Yelich is the one you keep 100%. He is a significantly better player and is under contract cheaply for years to come. Realmuto is gone after 3 more years unless we sign him to a deal soon.

- - - - - - - - - -

If we could do Stanton and his entire deal for Shaw, Beede, and Ramos and hopefully Panik that would be incredible value given the circumstances. Id love to get our hands on Panik if we could. Then go to STL with Ozuna and Ziegler for Weaver/Flaherty, Bader, and Hudson. Bour and Strailly next. Then tank next year.
      Last edited by fish16; 11-30-2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
        I'd actually rather trade Yelich than Realmuto. Yelich is the better player, but he'll bring back the better return, and it's harder to find a good catcher. Even if you bring back a good catching prospect, the hit rate on catching prospects seems to be lower than most other positions. Realmuto is cheap, and under control for a while. I'd actually consider keeping both of those guys and getting rid of everyone else if it were me, though.
        Realmuto is into arbitration and has back to back 3.5 WAR years, so he isn't going to be cheap past this year. He's a buyout candidate. If Realmuto will take a Salvador Perez deal (5/$52.5), sure. He can stay. I think he is playing a little over his head the last two years and is probably more of a 2-3 WAR guy, but I think he's worth it at the Perez deal buyout price. I agree, harder to find a catcher and you're buying his prime.

In that situation, you still keep Yelich and just make sure you get pitchers for Stanton, Ozuna, Gordon, Bour, etc. I think this is more about having a core together 2020-2022. Yelich and a bought out Realmuto are certainly those pieces.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        This came out yesterday. Looks like SF is really trying hard

If they can keep Gordon as part of the deal so they can move him elsewhere for a young #3/4 SP and reliever prospects, and can get Ramos, Beede, I guess Shaw, another competent prospect, and their IFA cash, that is starting to look better. You'd like a second centerpiece guy to put next to Ramos, but hey, acquiring $300 million is acquiring $300 million. Guess we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          My analysis of Kelly had very little to do with Realmuto. I just didnt think Kelly was as good of a prospect as people said he was, and i still dont. We have 3 years to find a long term starting catcher in that case. Or dont trade Realmuto and try and get him to sign a team friendly long term deal. If not, he's gone in 3 years, and we should trade him at the height of his value. Also, when i did bring up already having Realmuto, he was projected to have 4 more years of team control according to spotrac, and now it says 3. That might not seem like a big deal but when we are about to undergo a major rebuild and be bad for a few years that extra year is a pretty big change.

My analysis of Kelly is due to the fact that he is a sub. 700 OPS guy for his entire minor league career and has average at best catcher written all over him.

I wish we didnt trade Austin Barnes. He will be one of thebetter catchers in the league next year and his hitting ability is exactly what it seemed like it would be when he was in our system.

- - - - - - - - - -

that wouldnt be a great deal as far as high end prospects go, but if they take his entire deal and we still get that we should jump all over it and then work towards rebuilding the rest of the roster.

- - - - - - - - - -

Id probably keep both for the moment and then maybe trade Realmuto after next year, but if the choice is between the 2 of them, Yelich is the one you keep 100%. He is a significantly better player and is under contract cheaply for years to come. Realmuto is gone after 3 more years unless we sign him to a deal soon.

- - - - - - - - - -

If we could do Stanton and his entire deal for Shaw, Beede, and Ramos and hopefully Panik that would be incredible value given the circumstances. Id love to get our hands on Panik if we could. Then go to STL with Ozuna and Ziegler for Weaver/Flaherty, Bader, and Hudson. Bour and Strailly next. Then tank next year.
          U only get Panik if Dee is in the deal and they would probably want us to send money for him. Dee is probably off to LAA or Milwaukee or a team who needs a 2B for a ML Ready RP and mid level SP prospect. Ill take Eduardo Paredes and Joe Gatto for Gordon and cash

Your analysis might say that but ML scouts analysis say #1 or #2 C prospect in baseball and it lets u trade JT alot easier

St Louis is actually willing to pay more for Ozuna or Yelich than Stanton so if they miss out on him u would get an offer even better than 3 prospects
          Last edited by tjfla; 11-30-2017, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Jon Morosi‏Verified account
            @jonmorosi
            6m6 minutes ago
            More
            Giancarlo Stanton trade development: Source says #Marlins likely would accept offer of Panik, Beede and Shaw for Stanton alone -- if #SFGiants committed to paying at least $250 million of the $295 million left on Stanton’s contract. @MLB @MLBNetwork

—-

I like all of those players! But how you trade Stanton to them and don’t get either arroyo or Ramos (let alone both) baffles me
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
              Jon Morosi‏Verified account
              @jonmorosi
              6m6 minutes ago
              More
              Giancarlo Stanton trade development: Source says #Marlins likely would accept offer of Panik, Beede and Shaw for Stanton alone -- if #SFGiants committed to paying at least $250 million of the $295 million left on Stanton’s contract. @MLB @MLBNetwork

—-

I like all of those players! But how you trade Stanton to them and don’t get either arroyo or Ramos (let alone both) baffles me
              There u go. Surprised Ramos isn't in it if they have to pay 45 million tho

Well they probably would put Arroyo in it instead of Chris Shaw but if u get Panik where do u play Arroyo? Shaw gives u another guy a 1B and lets u trade Bour for other stuff

1B-Cooper/Shaw(Bour traded for ?)
              2B-Panik
              SS-Rojas/Riddle
              3B-Anderson
              Last edited by tjfla; 11-30-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                Jon Morosi‏Verified account
                @jonmorosi
                6m6 minutes ago
                More

—-

That's awful. I'd much rather Ramos and/or Arroyo than Panik. You'd essentially be getting a solid, but unspectacular 2B who's only under control for 3 years, and will be 30 by the time you even start thinking about contending, a pitching prospect who struggled in AAA, and a decent, but not great 1B prospect for the NL MVP, and still pick up $45M? Wow.

Comment

• I like Shaw. They shouldn’t get arroyo instead of shaw. They should get both of them. SF is acquiring a 28 year old reigning MVP who just hit 59 home runs.
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Be interesting to see if SF let them pick between Ramos and Panik and we wanted Panik?

As for Arroyo/Shaw-they probably could have them both but likely going for least 1 pitcher. Reported from start that they will give up 2 of the best

The 45 million is weird-rumor was 20 million and then yesterday said SF was willing to pick it ALL up so? If we are paying 45 million gotta think more is in the deal for us

Comment

• I cant wait for this to be over and just see what the fucking deal is.

Comment

I cant wait for this to be over and just see what the fucking deal is.
                        I can't wait for it to be over because it's like ripping a bandage off. I fully expect to be underwhelmed, but at least then we can just move on, and hopefully get real value for Ozuna and the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                          I can't wait for it to be over because it's like ripping a bandage off. I fully expect to be underwhelmed, but at least then we can just move on, and hopefully get real value for Ozuna and the rest.
                          I just want to have finality as to what we can get so we can start talking about packages for our other guys.

Comment

• That's really pathetic if that's the deal

Comment

I just want to have finality as to what we can get so we can start talking about packages for our other guys.
                              Start figuring out what St Louis will pay for Ozuna then see if Toronto will send Vlad Jr. Let the Ozuna to St Louis rumors start soon

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
                              That's really pathetic if that's the deal
                              If we are sending 45 million and only getting Panik,Shaw and Beede then yes BUT I would hold off till see if thats it.

If Ramos is in it then its average deal OR If no money is in it then its average deal. Truth was they were never getting what they really want especially since Stanton doesn't want to go to Philly or St Louis

Plus SF trade lets u trade Bour for prospects. Clev/Boston/Seattle/TB/NYY/KC? all would be in on him

C-JT/Wallach
                              1B-Shaw/Cooper(OF)
                              2B-Panik
                              SS-Riddle/Rojas(UT)
                              3B-Anderson/DD
                              LF-DD/Cooper
                              CF-Yelich/Braxton Lee(4th OF)
                              RF-?

and for the Jorge Mas(Latin thing) fans all the starters are white!! HAHA
                              Last edited by tjfla; 11-30-2017, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Ya, i think that reported SF deal is off. If they pay everything we will not get much mroe than that, but i have a feeling that report mixed the package for them taking all of stanton's money vs more prospects should we eat a little of his money.

I have a feeling we end up eating a little bit of his money, get lucky that he opts out in a few years, and get Beede, Ramos, Shaw, and maybe another arm. I really want Panik as part of the deal too unless it means including Dee in this deal. Maybe include Dietrich and still get Panik and still trade Dee to another team for an arm.

Comment

Working...
                                X