No announcement yet.

The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point i just want stanton to stay healthy for the whole year, Ozuna to not have a down second half like he has done numerous times, and Yelich to get back to being Yelich. That and conley continuing his great start from last night. Screw the wins/losses it doesnt matter.

Comment

Pitching not the strong point tonight.

Comment

Roughing up Darvish tonight

Comment

It's really hard to have this many really good-great hitters in one lineup and still be this bad and not even remotely close to a playoff spot in the 2 wild card era.

Comment

Well when 3/5ths of the rotation blows and a unreliable bullpen its gonna happen.

- - - - - - - - - -

Just need to address 3b and ss and we are solid top to bottom lineup wise. Would be nice if we could keep them together and just sign two rotation pieces. Just give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
              Well when 3/5ths of the rotation blows and a unreliable bullpen its gonna happen.

- - - - - - - - - -

Just need to address 3b and ss and we are solid top to bottom lineup wise. Would be nice if we could keep them together and just sign two rotation pieces. Just give it a go.
              I think the move is trying to move Ozuna to the braves in the offseason and getting a replacement OF and then pillaging their top pitching prospects.

- - - - - - - - - -

That stanton reaction to that homer was absolutely awesome. And yelich is on fucking fire right now. wow.

- - - - - - - - - -

Yelich finally over .800 OPS for the year. He's also had an incredible month.

Comment

When's the last time we've scored 18 runs?

Comment

This has been some game.

Comment

It's been fun. I think Yelich's OPS went up 100 points in the last two games. That bomb Stanton hit was fun as well.

Comment

Not sure what Ellington's deal is. Seemed solid last year and at times earlier this year. Lost it in early June against the Cubs before getting sent down, then back up, and he's still lost.

Comment

Originally posted by geemoney View Post
                        Not sure what Ellington's deal is. Seemed solid last year and at times earlier this year. Lost it in early June against the Cubs before getting sent down, then back up, and he's still lost.
                        He's never been able to consistently throw strikes. Pitchers like him are the worst to me. Relievers who can't be counted on to throw strikes should be the lowest valued assets in baseball. Reiability and consistency, I.e. Throwing strikes, are a relievers most important quality and I'd be happy to move on from him at the deadline and wouldn't be terribly upset to see us get rid of barraclough either

Comment

O'Grady looked pretty good last night. Maybe he can turn into a solid #5 starter. Just looking at his minor league numbers I'm thinking he was extremely misused by the Angels. Looks to me like he was consistently viewed as organizational filler, and stuck in AA and AAA bullpens for years, despite his numbers being very solid.

Comment

Wittgren to dl with elbow problem. TJ in 5,4,3,2,1.
                            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Jesus this bullpen when we trade Ramos and then maybe McGowan? Horrific.

Comment

Why is Worley starting?

Comment

Working...
                                X