Trade Deadline Watch 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    Why call up Cervenka, though? He's been pretty bad in AAA.
    So Vance Worley can join the rotation and Cervenka will take his spot. YAAAAY

Comment

• Our options aren't exactly great anyways. However. I would of rather seen Koehler in a single max effort inning. He might be decent in the pen.

Comment

My guess is because he's on the 40 man and Steckenrider can't come back for a few more days.

Comment

• If the plan is to replace Koehler with Worley, I think I'd rather have just stuck with Koehler. As bad as he's been.

Comment

• Does it really matter? They both suck and the team sucks.

Comment

• It's true, what are we doing with our lives?

Comment

It's true, what are we doing with our lives?
                bd31b95797888e3f402e483f61fdee4e--jerry-seinfeld-alarm-clocks.jpg

Comment

It's true, what are we doing with our lives?
                  it has really been completely unrewarding being a marlins fan from 2004-now. What would even be the highlight of that time frame?

Comment

Only RP left on the 40 man thats ready.

- - - - - - - - - -

At least we wont win the worse trade award this year. SD and KC made a trade

SD gave up 3 ML Pitchers(Cahill,Maurer,Buchter) for Travis Wood(6.5 mil next year nevermind KC is paying the bill),Matt Strahm(hurt but 25 yr old SP) and an 18 yr old who has great numbers but not really a top prospect. Weird trade

I know SD is shooting for 2019 but weird deal
                    Last edited by tjfla; 07-24-2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• This is a completely homerific glass half full post, but 3 sp's for next year of Straily, Urena, and Conley regressing to the mean isnt a terrible start to a rotation. It is desperately lacking an ace but say we sign a guy like Darvish (will never happen) and roll with Darvish, Straily, Urena, Conley, and then sign a lesser FA or hope Chen ever gets healthy or someone else in the organization blossoms and that is a decent rotation. Or you trade Ozuna for top pitching prospects and a replacement in LF and hope to find an ace that way. Either way, we are likely going to blow it up in the offseason when there is a new owner, but the rotation does have a few bright spots.

Conley coming back to earth in a good way the rest of the 2nd half would be a nice start.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                        it has really been completely unrewarding being a marlins fan from 2004-now. What would even be the highlight of that time frame?
                        Jose? Stanton (when not injured)? The stadium? Otherwise, not much.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          Jose? Stanton (when not injured)? The stadium? Otherwise, not much.
                          I was at the opening of the stadium, that was cool enough, but ive been to around 5-10 games each year since and its super depressing and embarrassing every time i go to games. I went to the all star game and was actively wondering if that was the first time theyve opened up the upper deck for a non opening day game since the first year.

Stanton is also awesome individually, but this team has been so badly mismanaged that he hasnt been on a team that has won over 80 games in his career.

Jose was cool up until the dying and crippling the franchise through his bad decisions thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                            I was at the opening of the stadium, that was cool enough, but ive been to around 5-10 games each year since and its super depressing and embarrassing every time i go to games. I went to the all star game and was actively wondering if that was the first time theyve opened up the upper deck for a non opening day game since the first year.

Stanton is also awesome individually, but this team has been so badly mismanaged that he hasnt been on a team that has won over 80 games in his career.

Jose was cool up until the dying and crippling the franchise through his bad decisions thing.
                            Oh, there are obviously negatives to each of my points, but you asked for highlights haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                              Oh, there are obviously negatives to each of my points, but you asked for highlights haha.
                              haha true, im just rambling.

Comment

• All the baseball guys were getting excited for a Justin Bour trade(Mike Hill an inning late to the booth and Bour pulled). But nope just a oblique injury

In trade news

The #Cubs, #Rockies and #Nats all expressing strong interest in #Marlins closer AJ Ramos

Comment

Working...
                                X