No announcement yet.

Marlins trade Mat Latos, Mike Morse to LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently the Marlins trading their third competitive balance pick in three years(this time to a team with the largest payroll in the game) has rubbed MLB the wrong way and possibly making them re-evaluate the way they do it.

I find it hilarious that Loria's legacy is going to be "the guy who was such a spendthrift scumbag he made MLB re-evaluate how they do multiple things because certain unscrupulous owners find ways to fuck you"
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
      BTW, we're also actually -2 prospects.

Comp pick for offering Latos arbitration and comp pick we traded.
      They weren't gonna offer him arbitration, of course.
      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
        Everyone knows I'm not a fan of the Gordon trade, but we got one main asset Dee and a free Haren. If we paid Haren's salary this year everyone would be up in arms about devoting that much salary to a 5th starter. Rojas for Enrique doesn't bother me at all. Heaney for Dee straight up might be fair. But Barnes who can play 2nd, 3rd and catcher is huge depth. We could easily have Dietrich, Rojas/Enrique, and Barnes handling 2nd and/or 3rd this year. Barnes would be a nice 3rd catcher and would immediately slot into the starting role if Realmuto was injured. Depth is important; it's why WAR can be negative and why the dodgers made the deal.
        Yep.

I've defended Dee a lot against you this season, but I'm still not a huge fan of the trade. Dislike Haren and dislike how much depth we gave up for $.

And just how much depth we lost for nothing by not putting guys on the 40 man, so either losing them via MILB FA or Rule V.

This team does not understand depth and that injuries happen.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
        righties are hitting .183/.286/.262 off Brigham this season; lefties .383/.461/.579

I find it interesting that the knock on him coming out of college (2014, 4th round - coming off TJ surgery) was that he didn't strike enough people out and now he's striking out a guy an inning while still putting up the big ground ball numbers

he sure seems like a guy who could figure things out in a big way
        Yeah, I do think he's interesting and, like TJ said, it'll be interesting to see him go from the CAL league (literally best hitting league) to FSL (literally best pitching league). Look at the difference getting out of CAL made for Kendry Flores.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
          Apparently the Marlins trading their third competitive balance pick in three years(this time to a team with the largest payroll in the game) has rubbed MLB the wrong way and possibly making them re-evaluate the way they do it.

I find it hilarious that Loria's legacy is going to be "the guy who was such a spendthrift scumbag he made MLB re-evaluate how they do multiple things because certain unscrupulous owners find ways to fuck you"

Too bad they don't re-evaluate his ownership...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            They weren't gonna offer him arbitration, of course.
            Have we ever since 2005?

I don't think we've had a guy walk to even have the opportunity to.

Comment

• You can definitely see why he's had to have TJ in the delivery. So much pressure on the elbow in that 3/4 (maybe even lower) slinging motion he has.

Comment

• The Marlins certainly have a type.
                poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                  The Marlins certainly have a type.
                  Cheap and shitty?

Comment

• Wow now Clark Spencer. https://twitter.com/clarkspencer/sta...00274321031168

Comment

• clarkspencer
                      @clarkspencer
                      Now hearing the trade is far from complete. Sources telling me it could be falling apart. Total confusion. #marlins
                      The Marlins realizing that the names the Dodgers gave them were not real.

Comment

• Just got thru reading that Dodgers were taking Morse to block him from going back to the Giants. Now who knows what will happen.

Comment

• we are bad news bear.

Comment

• mick mouse

WHAT IS HAPPENING
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Any chance MLB blocked the trade to keep Miami from pulling this crap?

Comment

Working...
                              X