look at you getting all upset over two people you've never seen play
    You're better than this.

Nah, none of us are. LET THE TROLL GAMES BEGIN
    --------------------
    I HAVE ZERO OPINION ON WHETHER KOLEK IS A GOOD PICK
    Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-05-2014, 06:33 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    poop

Comment

I mean, you were doing the thing that you literally always get mad at other people for doing.

So there's that.
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

KOLEK MIGHT BE A GOOD PICK, BUT THERE ARE REASONS TO THINK HIS SELECTION IS SYMPTOMATIC OF LARGER ORGANIZATIONAL PROBLEMS
        --------------------
        Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        I mean, you were doing the thing that you literally always get mad at other people for doing.

So there's that.
        I'm actually not even doing that a little bit, but alright.
        --------------------
        Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        Given roughly equal talent levels, I would default to the college arm. If they don't think they have roughly equal talent levels, fine.
        #HotSportsTakes
        #SomeoneTakeThisGuysKeyboardAway
        #AllUpset
        --------------------
        Glad we made it through 12 fucking posts
        Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-05-2014, 06:36 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        poop

Comment

isn't it possible they figured that Rodon's step back was worrisome?
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

isn't it possible they figured that Rodon's step back was worrisome?
            Given roughly equal talent levels, I would default to the college arm. If they don't think they have roughly equal talent levels, fine.
            Solid reading, B+.
            poop

Comment

Maybe they do think the talent levels are close, but the fact that Rodon's high point was a year ago is potentially worrisome. Can he get back there? What if a surgery is in the offing?

Comment

I wasn't sure I could have been any more fence-sitty than I was with those hot sports takes. Wow.
                --------------------
                Maybe they do think the talent levels are close, but the fact that Rodon's high point was a year ago is potentially worrisome. Can he get back there? What if a surgery is in the offing?
                Isn't this basically a fleshed out version of what I said? If they think Kolek's the better talent, sure. I don't have a single opinion on that. Whether Kolek is the better prospect, I would generally opt for the college arm over the prep, if the talent level is close.

The only even moderately strong stance I've taken is saying that I would have a problem with them passing on Rodon for signability reasons. I really don't know why you're doing this.
                Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-05-2014, 06:44 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                poop

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                  Shame on me for sure. Really surprised.

Will be interesting to see what he signs for.
                  There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

because you said this

"A boat is a boat, but a mystery box could be anything. It could even be a boat!"

-Basically how I feel about passing on Rodon for a HS arm
                    --------------------
                    been watching some video of Kolek. This kid can fucking THROW.
                    Last edited by emkayseven; 06-05-2014, 06:46 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Can we make him get Tommy John surgery now?

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        Can we make him get Tommy John surgery now?
                        Let's coddle him first

Comment

You're better than this.

Nah, none of us are. LET THE TROLL GAMES BEGIN
                          --------------------
                          I HAVE ZERO OPINION ON WHETHER KOLEK IS A GOOD PICK
                          He's doing what we usually do to him. I agree with him.

Comment

because you said this
                            That Family Guy reference sure is a bold, strong opinion. You got me.

Is this what I'm like? Are you trying to do a Me impersonation? Is that why everyone hates me? Jesus.
                            poop

Comment

Originally posted by jOOj View Post
                              I'm not sure what this means, but I think it's very fair to question the Marlins draft strategy if the number comes in low.

We'll see. I'm hoping they didn't cheap out and they took the guy they think is best.

Comment

That Family Guy reference sure is a bold, strong opinion. You got me.

Is this what I'm like? Are you trying to do a Me impersonation? Is that why everyone hates me? Jesus.
                                yeah, this is close to you as you're gonna get
                                --------------------
                                Originally posted by lou View Post
                                I'm not sure what this means, but I think it's very fair to question the Marlins draft strategy if the number comes in low.

We'll see. I'm hoping they didn't cheap out and they took the guy they think is best.
                                Maybe they're hoping Hoffman slips to CBA round? I'd LOVE for them to save money and pay to nab Hoffman off TJ surgery
                                Last edited by emkayseven; 06-05-2014, 06:50 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X