No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Hill was apparently part of that group with Samson and Conine who ran 7 marathons in 7 continents in 7 days so that might explain the lack of news on a realmuto deal recently. also, 7 marathons in 7 continents in 7 days sounds like an absolute nightmare of a week.

Comment

• Mike Hill should be fired for hanging out with Samson still. Also fired for not being very good at his job too. Fire him twice, basically.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Godfather View Post
        Mike Hill should be fired for hanging out with Samson still. Also fired for not being very good at his job too. Fire him twice, basically.
        I really wish Samson would go away and people like Lebatard would stop talking to him. I liked him (as much as someone could like Samson) when he was part of the organization but when he's no longer at all informed about the organization and keeps defending Loria as if we all cant tell that Loria is a con artist it's annoying. I also wish Lebatard wasnt already so pissed at Jeter and the new ownership and they could do a sort of weekly show because if Jeter allows it I think it would be a good way to get Jeter to open up more and show a fun/funny side. So much of what he does seems so fucking self serious, which he might just be.

Comment

• There’s no fucking way Mike Hill ran 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            There’s no fucking way Mike Hill ran 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days.
            I was thinking that as well but apparently he did. He's not the most in shape looking guy but if he did that he apparently is. Samson said today on lebatard (yes i know i bring him up a lot, i listen everyday) that hill wasnt completely gone from his actual job and was actually on the phone while still running marathons.

Comment

• https://www.mlb.com/news/monte-harri...?tid=151437456

Nice article on Monte Harrison, even if it was written by Frisaro. Who knows how good they'll be, but Brinson and him seem to have incredible makeups.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                I was thinking that as well but apparently he did. He's not the most in shape looking guy but if he did that he apparently is. Samson said today on lebatard (yes i know i bring him up a lot, i listen everyday) that hill wasnt completely gone from his actual job and was actually on the phone while still running marathons.

Ok.

And there’s no fucking way Mike Hill ran 7 marathons in 7 days on 7 continents.

Comment

• They ran a marathon on Antarctica?

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                    you mean like Stanton?

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, Harrison had 453 ABs last year played in 122 minor league games. Couldn't have been hurt too much last year.
                    He wasn't that is why he went from #12 in Brewers system to #70 in ALL of baseball. If he has ANOTHER injury free year he will jump again

- - - - - - - - - -

No Surprises but Mike Hill says Ziegler is the Closer and Chen "has been cleared to throw" and will be in the rotation. He will be "hurt" by May 1!!

Also Mattingly sas DD is the Starting LF. They have had him there since Oct

- - - - - - - - - -

Also the worst "beat writer" in ALL of baseball took a stab at the 25 man(Spoiler it is FUNNY)

https://www.mlb.com/news/predicting-...icle_266135790

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      He wasn't that is why he went from #12 in Brewers system to #70 in ALL of baseball. If he has ANOTHER injury free year he will jump again

- - - - - - - - - -

No Surprises but Mike Hill says Ziegler is the Closer and Chen "has been cleared to throw" and will be in the rotation. He will be "hurt" by May 1!!

Also Mattingly sas DD is the Starting LF. They have had him there since Oct

- - - - - - - - - -

Also the worst "beat writer" in ALL of baseball took a stab at the 25 man(Spoiler it is FUNNY)

https://www.mlb.com/news/predicting-...icle_266135790
                      Also, Castro says he's no longer requesting a trade. Which seems smart since he likely will be here at least until the deadline anyway.

FWIW, Hill said he expects Realmuto to be the starting catcher on opening day....which I guess means that he's staying until someone ups their offer.

I have no issue giving DD the chance to start, but I'd like to see Cooper get a shot as well. I would also like to see them sign a stop-gap OF (a Jay/Melky type so they can leave the prospects in the minors and preserve service time).
                      Last edited by fauowls44; 02-10-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• As of Right now(This will likely change)

C-JT
                        1B-Bour
                        2B-Castro
                        SS-Riddle
                        3B-Prado
                        LF-DD
                        CF-Lee
                        RF-Brinson

Bench-Backup C,Rojas,Cooper,Van Slyke,(Maybe Another UT or Lee?)

SP-Chen/Urena/Straily/Conley/Graves,Elieser,Smith,Nicolino
                        RP-Garcia,Taz,Bearclaw,Sterckenrider,Wittgren,Ziegler ,(Despaigne/Elieser/Smith?)

They want to Sign Jay or Melk Man so the OF will likely change with one of them in RF and Brinson to CF

As for the arms-Graves and Elieser have to stick and Nicolino is out of options. They would like to get a Jaime Garcia,Nolasco,few other names as a cheap option

- - - - - - - - - -

Ya they still wanna trade JT but aren't into the Nats offer and haven't gotten far into talks with others. Castro still wants to be dealt but they keep telling him and his agent they will likely have to wait. If anyone offers a mid level prospect or IFA cash for him at ANYTIME,he is gone. This actually goes for about 6/7 guys-the FO have told everyone they are open for business and Taz,Prado,Castro can be had cheap while JT,Bour,Straily,Ziegler,DD,Bearclaw are tradeable in right offer

Yes Miami would consider IFA Cash and Draft Picks in trades

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                        Also, Castro says he's no longer requesting a trade. Which seems smart since he likely will be here at least until the deadline anyway.

FWIW, Hill said he expects Realmuto to be the starting catcher on opening day....which I guess means that he's staying until someone ups their offer.

I have no issue giving DD the chance to start, but I'd like to see Cooper get a shot as well. I would also like to see them sign a stop-gap OF (a Jay/Melky type so they can leave the prospects in the minors and preserve service time).
                        Cooper will be getting AB's. Right handed bat at 1B,LF,RF with all the starters LHB(Bour/DD/Jay or Melk Man). Could see him get the pinch hit bat and then Van Slyke go in to play the field
                        Last edited by tjfla; 02-10-2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• The Castro market has to be small at the moment with Walker still a FA, Harrison still being available, and most teams pretty set at 2nd. His best bet is to just have a great first half of the season.

Same with Ziegler/Tazawa.

I still think Prado-Markakis deal makes a lot of sense for both teams.
                          Last edited by fauowls44; 02-10-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                            The Castro market has to be small at the moment with Walker still a FA, Harrison still being available, and most teams pretty set at 2nd. His best bet is to just have a great first half of the season.
                            Yep thats the idea right now which is why he has cooled on the trade request. They have told him if they get a decent offer they will move him. Decent meaning don't have to throw in tons of cash and actual stuff

Ziegler actually has some value and if he shows he can close it will only increase. Tazawa is a lost cause and anyone that calls he is gone

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                            The Castro market has to be small at the moment with Walker still a FA, Harrison still being available, and most teams pretty set at 2nd. His best bet is to just have a great first half of the season.

Same with Ziegler/Tazawa.

I still think Prado-Markakis deal makes a lot of sense for both teams.
                            Doubtful to happen. He makes to much $ they are looking at Jay/Melky for alot cheaper. Plus when they trade Castro they can move Prado to 2B

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Yep thats the idea right now which is why he has cooled on the trade request. They have told him if they get a decent offer they will move him. Decent meaning don't have to throw in tons of cash and actual stuff

Ziegler actually has some value and if he shows he can close it will only increase. Tazawa is a lost cause and anyone that calls he is gone

- - - - - - - - - -

Doubtful to happen. He makes to much $ they are looking at Jay/Melky for alot cheaper
                              Markakis makes more money but it'd be worth it to get rid of the extra year on Prado. I'm all for signing a cheap stop-gap though.

Comment

• Craig Mish‏Verified account
                                @CraigMish
                                Following Following @CraigMish
                                More
                                Source : Houston Astros have engaged in trade discussions for JT Realmuto. OF Kyle Tucker is the ask by Miami. Astros are considering. 50% chance Realmuto is dealt before opening day.

12:19 PM - 10 Feb 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X