No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They apparently released a marlins top 10 also https://www.baseballprospectus.com/p...-10-prospects/

Guzman, Rogers, Garret, B. Anderson, and Z. Gallen next 5.

So they like the Ozuna trade a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      They apparently released a marlins top 10 also https://www.baseballprospectus.com/p...-10-prospects/

Guzman, Rogers, Garret, B. Anderson, and Z. Gallen next 5.

So they like the Ozuna trade a lot.
      they have Gallen before Sierra?

Comment

• Kieboom 71, Romero 76, Fedde 87.

Maybe there is some validity to Soto (22) and Robles (2) being too much for Realmuto and Kieboom and Fedde is a worthy 1-2. This is of course just BP's opinion versus some of the other services which have them all rated lower. Who knows.

Comment

Kieboom 71, Romero 76, Fedde 87.

Maybe there is some validity to Soto (22) and Robles (2) being too much for Realmuto and Kieboom and Fedde is a worthy 1-2. This is of course just BP's opinion versus some of the other services which have them all rated lower. Who knows.
          as ive said, they definitely have talent elsewhere in the system that could get JT's value in a deal, the problem is we need another star prospect more than we need more prospect depth.

Comment

• Fangraphs released their top 100 also. https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2018-top-100-prospects/

13 - Brinson FV60
            52 - Harrison FV50 (all of them below FV50)
            67 - Guzman
            82 - B. Anderson
            87 - Diaz
            94 - Garret
            Honorable Mention - Alcantara

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            as ive said, they definitely have talent elsewhere in the system that could get JT's value in a deal, the problem is we need another star prospect more than we need more prospect depth.
            Fangraphs - Robles 4, Kieboom is 40, Soto 50

- - - - - - - - - -

So they have 8 guys that appear on one of the major service's (BA, BP, FG, MLB, ESPN/KL) top 100 lists:

Brinson
            Harrison
            Guzman
            Alcantara
            B. Anderson
            Diaz
            Sierra
            Garret

Doesn't include their 2017 first rounder who hasn't pitched yet or a hypothetical Realmuto return where Soto, Kieboom, Fedde, and Romero all appear on lists.

Starting to get interesting with a bunch more B/B- arms (Peters, Gallen, M. Gonzalez, Neidert) and bats (Miller, Nelson, Dunand) in the system.

Comment

• MLB.com Top 30 should be out this month too

This is why no one looks that close at rankings. After the Top 25 everyone has different opinions.

They were never getting Robles for JT. The question now is do they hold strong and stay on Soto(2/3 for 1) or do they move on settle and go for Kieboom/Fedde OR Romero/Taylor or another OF and try to get one of the 18 yr olds(5 for 1)? Those 18 yr olds could be nice lottery tickets!!!

I dont like the Kieboom centerpiece deal BUT I could see them doing it. They keep talking about Depth,Depth and more Depth. 5 for 1 gives them exactly that. All unless its Michael Taylor would be in Miami's Top 25
              Last edited by tjfla; 02-05-2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Keiboom, Fedde, Antuna/Garcia, and Read/Severino seems like a good deal based on FG/BP lists out today. But like you said, who knows.

Comment

Keiboom, Fedde, Antuna/Garcia, and Read/Severino seems like a good deal based on FG/BP lists out today. But like you said, who knows.
                  Ya I wouldn't be jumping for joy as a fan but its a deal they could make and feel happy about

Wash-JT
                  Miami-Keiboom,Fedde OR Romero,Daniel Johnson OR another young OF,Severino and Antuna OR Garcia

Gives them a replacement C and 4 prospects who would fit in with their plan of 2020 except the 18 yr olds

- - - - - - - - - -

I am still wishing a Oakland or SD jump in for him

Imagine a

Oak-JT
                  Miami-Barreto OR Mateo,Luzardo,Holmes and mid level prospect

SD-JT
                  Miami-Urias,Morejon,Baez and mid level prospect

Comment

• Soto is the centerpiece or Washington can go all of 2018 without Realmuto.

FUCK EM

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                      Soto is the centerpiece or Washington can go all of 2018 without Realmuto.

FUCK EM
                      I thought it was Robles or FUCK EM?? Nice to see people coming around!!

I agree hold out for Soto,Severino and mid level prospect

I know one thing-no chance in hell they can take the offer they have from Washington right now. They need to atleast try to get 1 of those 18 yr olds if they do a Kieboom centerpiece deal to make it decent

Comment

• I would still hold out for soto, but IF we're going to do another deal with them, i would need Kieboom, Fedde/Romero, Read, Antuna, and another good 18 year old type prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                          Soto is the centerpiece or Washington can go all of 2018 without Realmuto.

FUCK EM
                          No weight is put on Fangraphs liking Kieboom more, and both Fangraps and Prospectus putting a very nice grade (Top 40-70) on him?

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but just saying that does arguably make him more attractive.

Comment

• I love fangraphs, but a lot of their stuff is based on strictly numbers and while results are obviously important for future potential, it's not everything, especially for prospects. I think that's the only reason why they would put Kieboom anywhere near Soto, let alone have him ahead of Soto.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              I would still hold out for soto, but IF we're going to do another deal with them, i would need Kieboom, Fedde/Romero, Read, Antuna, and another good 18 year old type prospect.
                              U won't get them both. Ill take Luis Garcia over Antuna. Garcia is younger and will stick at SS. Antuna has more power but likely off to 3B

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              I love fangraphs, but a lot of their stuff is based on strictly numbers and while results are obviously important for future potential, it's not everything, especially for prospects. I think that's the only reason why they would put Kieboom anywhere near Soto, let alone have him ahead of Soto.
                              Kieboom can hit the big question about him is can he stick at SS? If u think he can then he is a offensive SS and rate him higher than most. The problem is most think he is headed to 3B which brings his value down. Maybe Denbo thinks he can stick at SS?

He is better overall than James Nelson however Nelson is pretty much the same player and we have a young 3B already

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                U won't get them both. Ill take Luis Garcia over Antuna. Garcia is younger and will stick at SS. Antuna has more power but likely off to 3B

- - - - - - - - - -

Kieboom can hit the big question about him is can he stick at SS? If u think he can then he is a offensive SS and rate him higher than most. The problem is most think he is headed to 3B which brings his value down. Maybe Denbo thinks he can stick at SS?

He is better overall than James Nelson however Nelson is pretty much the same player and we have a young 3B already
                                Ya, IF kieboom is the lead guy in a deal, you have to be certain he can stay at SS long term. So much of his value is tied to being a SS.

As for Garcia vs. Antuna, i havent really read as much on him as i did on Antuna, but just going off his numbers he looks very solid as well. They are both super young and didnt really play that much, but I just liked Antuna's plate discipline and K/BB as such a young player. I dont know shit though so im cool with whoever Denbo likes.

Comment

Working...
                                X