Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fredi Gonzalez and the Bullpen of Doom Ruin Everything; Rays Beat Fish in Extras 9-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Fredi Gonzalez and the Bullpen of Doom Ruin Everything; Rays Beat Fish in Extras 9-8

Trade Cantu and Ross already and just demote the whole bullpen!

I blame it on the vuvuzellas.

Comment

11 walks by the bullpen tonight and Andrew Miller wasn't even there.

I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE our bullpen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I am really enjoying the fact that the World Cup is going on, I have spent way less time focusing on my baseball team, which would undoubtedly leave me depressed.

Comment

i didn't watch the game,, but i blame Barden and Fredi(fire his ass already). Bring in Valentine.

Comment

I don't just hate our bullpen; I hate almost every aspect of this team. Time to just start sending off guys that won't be here next season and try to get some young pitching prospects for them. Let LoMo come up and develop with Stanton.

Comment

Next season means nothing to us either. 2012 is the yr we want everything to click. So next yr im sure will be equally as frustrating.. but moves need to be made now.. start trimming the fat which is the whole damn pen cept leo.

Comment

We who?

Comment

I want Ozzie.

Comment

By this time a year ago, the Marlins had already used 10 starting pitchers -- most in the majors.

``Winning was secondary,'' recalled manager Fredi Gonzalez. ``We were just trying to get through games and not use our position players [as pitchers].''

This year, the Marlins are the only team in the National League that has reached this point of the season having used only five starters. Tampa Bay, Cleveland and the Chicago White Sox over in the American League have done it, too.

That stability is one reason the starting staff has the fifth-lowest ERA in the NL, a 3.70 mark that is nearly a full run better than last year's season-ending mark of 4.57.

``If that trend continues throughout the season, we will win more games than we will lose,'' Marlins bench coach Carlos Tosca said.

On the flip side, because of instability in the bullpen, the Marlins have used 20 pitchers overall. Only the Diamondbacks and Royals (21 each) have used more.
                    Florida Marlins' starting pitching staff has remained stable

Did I mention that I hate our bullpen?

Comment

Only team in baseball with a positive run differential and losing record. Inversely, all teams in baseball with a negative differential have a losing record.

Bullpen has made them the outlier.

Comment

This team is absolutely infuriating this year. Just awful.

Comment

Colo. will look at the middle infield market, but they'll probably end up just grinding it out in Tulo's absence. A name to watch: Uggla.
                          Via Buster Olney twitter.
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                          Next season means nothing to us either. 2012 is the yr we want everything to click. So next yr im sure will be equally as frustrating.. but moves need to be made now.. start trimming the fat which is the whole damn pen cept leo.
                          That's an ignorant thing to say. I would say that's the last thing they would want heading into the new stadium is to have a poor season.
                          Last edited by MiamiHomer; 06-20-2010, 09:03 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

yeah I think 2012 could be shitty and it wouldn't matter. 2011 needs to at least be competitive or no one is going to want to go to the new stadium. That's the problem I have with trading Ross and/or Cantu. Ross especially is a fan favorite. If we trade a bunch of guys the casual/ignorant fans are going to be like "Oh great, they're doing it again even AFTER the county is building a stadium for them!" 2011 can't be shitty, it matters just as much as 2012.
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                              yeah I think 2012 could be shitty and it wouldn't matter. 2011 needs to at least be competitive or no one is going to want to go to the new stadium. That's the problem I have with trading Ross and/or Cantu. Ross especially is a fan favorite. If we trade a bunch of guys the casual/ignorant fans are going to be like "Oh great, they're doing it again even AFTER the county is building a stadium for them!" 2011 can't be shitty, it matters just as much as 2012.
                              I think if you sign Uggla for 3-4 years, keep Nolasco, Nunez, Anibal, Paulino, and sign a viable FA reliever and bench, all would be forgiven if the defections are only Cantu, a FA who is gone anyways, and Ross, who is relatively expendable if you sign a legitimate 4th outfielder. I also think even casual fans would understand if those two are moved for pitching.

Comment

Working...
                              X