Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins Offense Decides To Show Up In 13-0 Rout of White Sox

Discuss.

Did Swift really call me out because Cameron Maybin struck out during a pinch hit because I said that Chris Coghlan looked abysmal today?

Did that really happen?

How is that I can say, as I did last night, that if I had to pick one of CC or Cam to send down right now, I'd choose Maybin, and I still get shit like that? That's incredible.
    Last edited by Bobbob1313; 05-23-2010, 04:53 PM.
    poop

Comment

How about this Maybin and CC both suck and Mike Stanton will be our savior in the upcoming week or so!

Comment

He can only replace one!
        poop

Comment

His offensive output will be so great that it won't matter!

Comment

And just for shits and giggles, here's the May stats, updated for today:

CC: .227/.280/.347
            Cam: .217/.273/.333

ie they both fucking suck. There's some major cognitive dissonance going on with these two on this board. Criticizing Coghlan does not mean you think Maybin does not suck. They both suck.
            poop

Comment

easy white supremacist vs black power
              --------------------
              Last edited by Ralph; 05-23-2010, 05:23 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Lineup go boom.

Comment

Cody Ross receives the SOAR award today. 3-4 3RBI 2HR

Comment

CHICAGO -- Brett Carroll left U.S. Cellular Field on Sunday wearing bandages on his right forearm and right calf -- the result of plunkings.

The first was accidental. The second, apparently, was not.

Carroll was twice struck by pitches in the Marlins' 13-0 laugher over the White Sox that wasn't a laughing matter for Chicago manager Ozzie Guillen.

Guillen insinuated that Carroll was hit on purpose the second time, in retaliation for stealing second base in the fourth inning with the Marlins holding a commanding 7-0 lead. Given the score, Guillen believed the stolen base was unnecessary.

``This is baseball, you have to respect,'' Guillen said. ``We had to do something about it, and we did.''

Marlins manager Fredi Gonzalez said Carroll ``missed a signal'' and was not supposed to be running.

Guillen was not amused by his take of the situation, though.

``Especially when the team is last in hitting and runs scored in the American League,'' Guillen said of his own team. ``With an eight-run (actually seven-run) lead, they think we're going to come back next inning?''

The plunkings didn't end there. Reliever Dan Meyer, who took over for Josh Johnson in the seventh, drilled A.J. Pierzynski in the arm with a pitch. Home plate umpire Adrian Johnson immediately issued a warning to both benches, and there were no further incidents.

Meyer was adamant that he did not try to hit Pierzynski in retaliation for Carroll being hit a second time.

SURFACES MIGHT HAVE AIDED INFIELDERS

The Marlins have played almost flawless defense since Hanley Ramirez's infamous boot on Monday, going 58 consecutive innings in the aftermath without being charged with an error. Gonzalez said part of the reason for the improved play could be the grass surfaces on which the Marlins have been playing.

The grass at Busch Stadium in St. Louis and U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago is higher and slower than the Marlins are accustomed to playing on at Sun Life Stadium.

``I think the infields [in St. Louis and Chicago] may be more conducive to our infielders, a little higher grass, a little slower,'' Gonzalez said.

STANTON SLUGGING, MILLER STRUGGLING

Mike Stanton hit his 17th home run and drove in four runs for Double A Jacksonville on Saturday.

But that performance was tempered by pitcher Andrew Miller's outing in the same game. Miller lasted just 1 2/3 innings, giving up six earned runs on six hits and three walks. Miller has walked 23 in his 22 innings at the minor-league level this season.

Jim Fleming, the Marlins' vice president of player development and scouting, said Miller is simply experiencing ``command issues'' that have nothing to do with the mechanics of his delivery or any physical problem.

``Obviously we're not happy with that,'' Fleming said. ``We're hoping with time and repetition he'll get it down.''

Meanwhile, back problems continue to plague another left-handed pitcher, Sean West. West has not pitched this season.

``We went back to the doctor, but there's nothing serious,'' Fleming said.

West and Miller combined for 34 starts with the Marlins last season.
                    Guillen hints hit by pitch of Florida Marlins' Carroll was on purpose

Comment

Ross OPS went up by 0.058, today
                      Before today's game: .298ba .347/.422/.769
                      After today's game: .309ba. .360/.467/.827

crazy
                      Last edited by Fish and Chips; 05-23-2010, 10:34 PM.
                      Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                      Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                      Tom Koehler(4-0)
                      AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

but that's how it goes

Comment

hey fuck you guys, it was an off day

Comment

There was no way we would have gotten swept by the White Sox. Nice to see some offense after two brutal games. I know we won 13-0 but Coghlan sucked again with his super impressive 0-6. Coghlan hit .320 last year, and its starting to seem like a fluke to me. At least Maybin can field and is two years younger. JJ pitched good, not great but good enough for a quality start. I'm also starting to like Paulino as well.
                            http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/y...Kosmokards.jpg

Comment

CC has been better defensively than Maybin btw
                              Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                              Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                              Tom Koehler(4-0)
                              AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Working...
                              X