Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Fish Lose 5-1 to Snakes; Hanley is Hurt And/or Benched

well that didn't go according to plan
    Last edited by Ramp; 05-17-2010, 09:42 PM.

We played the Mets?
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Man, it's nice playing the Mets.

Comment

MBA, I love you but I just have to point out it was raining for most of the afternoon. Maybe there is something to that theory.

Comment

I thought Volstad pitched pretty alright. Not great, a lot of his stuff was up and hit hard, but he gave us the kind of outings I was expecting as a borderline best case scenario heading into the year.

We just couldn't do anything against Jackson. Not really all that surprising, if you're not in the zone consistently, you're going to get us to get ourselves out.

Comment

I missed most of the game but, from what I can tell, it looks like we're back to the same thing we had before. Volstad may not have had his best stuff but that Hanley play really made it look a lot worse than it was. Even so, Volstad still could have had a quality start if he was allowed to go another inning.

And why does our offense insist on making guys with ERA's over 6 (Jackson actally came in with an ERA over 7) look like Cy Young? Frustrating.

Comment

To be fair, Edwin Jackson has pretty good stuff. I would not be surprised if he has turned it around for the rest of the season.

Comment

Now the debbie downers can come out...when it actually makes sense to be a downer.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                  I missed most of the game but, from what I can tell, it looks like we're back to the same thing we had before. Volstad may not have had his best stuff but that Hanley play really made it look a lot worse than it was. Even so, Volstad still could have had a quality start if he was allowed to go another inning.

And why does our offense insist on making guys with ERA's over 6 (Jackson actally came in with an ERA over 7) look like Cy Young? Frustrating.
                  If Volstad didn't load the bases, Hanley's screw up wouldn't have been so noticeable. It works both ways.

Comment

Edwin Jackson, sometimes he's on, sometimes he's off. Today he was on. I wonder what will happen with Hanley tomorrow?
                    http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/y...Kosmokards.jpg

Comment

After seeing the replay of the error this morning, taking Hanley out of the game was absolutely the right move, because either his ankle is so hurt that he runs like an old man to the ball or he was in absolute douche mode. Either way...time to come out.

If it's the latter, that's way more severe than Hanley being Hanley, especially coming off of what should be a momentum changing four game sweep

Comment

It wasn't his ankle that caused him not to hussle after it. I don't know what they showed on TV, but I was at the game and he was busting it pretty much full speed trying to get to the blooper. Once the ball dropped in he kicked and started to loaf after the ball. It was a total lack of effort play... maybe the ankle was bothering him a bit, but it didn't stop him from busting it hard trying to get to the ball in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by kylekash View Post
                          It wasn't his ankle that caused him not to hussle after it. I don't know what they showed on TV, but I was at the game and he was busting it pretty much full speed trying to get to the blooper. Once the ball dropped in he kicked and started to loaf after the ball. It was a total lack of effort play... maybe the ankle was bothering him a bit, but it didn't stop him from busting it hard trying to get to the ball in the air.
                          Well pre-game on FSN was not kind to Hanley.

According to Tommy & Rich : 1) Hanely loafed, 2) then was called into Freddi's office, 3) then Hanely told the press "well I hope the other 24 guys can do what I do", 4) Freddi told him he needs to address his team mates and apologize, and finally 5) Wes Helms said he needs to talk to his team mates and apologize.

Sounds bad.....Hanley has had an attack of immaturity. I hope it doesn't devolve from here and become irrepairable.

Comment

Working...
                          X