No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you can get Kyle Tucker in a deal for JT you take that and run.

Comment

• Oh wow. Kyle Tucker would be a get.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
        Oh wow. Kyle Tucker would be a get.

Craig Mish‏Verified account
        @CraigMish

FWIW on the Marlins side to be fair, team spokesman says Astros Information on my report is inaccurate. Respectfully disagree, but should be presented as their response.

New tweet from Mish

- - - - - - - - - -

They were talking a few weeks ago about him but after the Cole trade the talks died.

Would be a Win either way for us as it gives Washington a reason to Up their offer OR we do something with Houston.

My only issue with Mish info is heard Tucker/Whitley/Bukauskas were off limits(which Miami was fine with) and they were talking about something like this

Hou-JT
        Mia-Francis Martes,Yordan Alvarez,Freudis Nova and Garrett Stubbs or mid level arm

Again this was BEFORE Cole and Yelich trades

Marlins have LOVED Tucker since the draft and tried to get him when Houston called on Ozuna/Stanton. Martes AND Nova were both Marlins "Property" at one time so the FO/Scouting guys know them both very well

- - - - - - - - - -

Also no suprise with the Darvish signing but Cubs are out on Straily. Still have interest in our RP(Ziegler/Bearclaw)

Clubs still interested in Straily are Baltimore/Milwaukee/Minnesota/Texas but all are looking at FA right now
        Last edited by tjfla; 02-10-2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• If we could do Tucker and Yordan Alvarez for JT and Barraclough id be ecstatic. I think Yordan Alvarez is a hell of a prospect in his own right. At a position there dont seem the be a lot of currently at 1b.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            If we could do Tucker and Yordan Alvarez for JT and Barraclough id be ecstatic. I think Yordan Alvarez is a hell of a prospect in his own right. At a position there dont seem the be a lot of currently at 1b.
            Never happen. Ya I actually like a Alvarez/Martes/Nova or other young guy(they have tons)Stubbs/Rights to Elieser

Looks like Houston is actually talking with about Tucker and more(assume a Catcher and rights to Elieser) for JT

Again its a WIN for us. We either do Something with Houston(who has nice stuff) OR Washington ups offer to Soto and Severino

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Never happen. Ya I actually like a Alvarez/Martes/Nova or other young guy(they have tons)Stubbs/Rights to Elieser

Looks like Houston is actually talking with about Tucker and more(assume a Catcher and rights to Elieser) for JT

Again its a WIN for us. We either do Something with Houston(who has nice stuff) OR Washington ups offer to Soto and Severino
              Martes doesnt impress me much anymore, or at least as much as he used to. He had a pretty horrific year last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                Martes doesnt impress me much anymore, or at least as much as he used to. He had a pretty horrific year last year.
                22 yr old SP under control for years isn't half bad and he wouldn't be the centerpiece-Alvarez who is as good if not better overal than Tucker

Comment

22 yr old SP under control for years isn't half bad and he wouldn't be the centerpiece-Alvarez who is as good if not better overal than Tucker
                  Ya i hadnt really looked into Alvarez much before this rumor and holy shit id love to be able to get him in a deal. 6'5 and huge, 1b which we need, and a power hitter which we could also use. Id prefer Bukauskus though to martes. Wouldnt complain about either though. Are there any catchers in the Houston system that are interesting because that would be the only position we havent addressed in any of the trades?

- - - - - - - - - -

Max Stassi strikes me as a potential catching option in an astros trade.

Comment

• If we can pry tucker from them we would have serious organizational OF depth and we could then flip a guy like Sierra in the future when Brinson, Harrison, and Tucker are all ready. That OF would be incredible and cost controlled for years. Also, we dont yet have the greatest star power in terms of prospects (yet?), but as i was just fucking around and listing out the depth in the organization at each position, the front office has done a really nice job finally building depth in the organization for the first time in years and its nice to see. Aside from C and maybe 1b depending on what we get in a JT deal among the rest of the players we have yet to deal, we have no acquired prospects at literally every single position or already have numerous intriguing prospects at each position.

C- JT, but im assuming in any deal for him they go after a potential future catcher.
                    1b- Bour, but maybe Yordan Alvarez?
                    2b- Diaz
                    SS- Devers, Torres, Dunand?
                    3b- Nelson, Anderson
                    OF- Brinson, Harrison, Sierra, Lee, Miller, Brayan Hernandez (phelps deal, a long ways off but scouts like his skillset)

SP- Alcantara, Guzman, Rogers, Garrett, Merandy, Peters, Neidert, Gallen, Richards, Edward Cabrera, Kolek?, Caleb Smith, on top of the guys we already have in the big leagues like Straily, Urena, Conley, Chen?

Obviously prospects are risky and a lot of these guys will end up being nothing, but from a purely team building standpoint its really refreshing to see a legitimate plan for long term sustained possible winning as opposed to Loria's ownership where we operated like a big market team and based our plan off of how Loria felt that particular day.

Comment

• No one will want Sierra. If you are able to trade him I don't think you are getting anything of any value back. As far as a catcher if you trade JT you will probably have to get one back in either a future trade or in the draft. I am not seeing one that the Nats or Astros have that would be a long term solution as a starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                        No one will want Sierra. If you are able to trade him I don't think you are getting anything of any value back. As far as a catcher if you trade JT you will probably have to get one back in either a future trade or in the draft. I am not seeing one that the Nats or Astros have that would be a long term solution as a starter.
                        Agreed on the catcher part. I think they at the very least will have to get back a stop gap guy in the mold of Wieters for this year because even though we are gonna suck this year regardless, we have literally nothing in terms of catchers that could play this year. As far as sierra, what i was trying to say was that not all of those guys would be MLB ready this year, so its something where you reevaluate next year and if they all have solid years, you maybe look to flip one of them for whatever we decide is a position of need next offseason. Whether you deal Sierra or one of the other guys or even move one of them to the infield somehow, i was just referring to the possibility of good scouting working out and hopefully all of them work out and we're working from a position of strength next offseason.

Comment

As of Right now(This will likely change)

C-JT
                          1B-Bour
                          2B-Castro
                          SS-Riddle
                          3B-Prado
                          LF-DD
                          CF-Lee
                          RF-Brinson

Bench-Backup C,Rojas,Cooper,Van Slyke,(Maybe Another UT or Lee?)

SP-Chen/Urena/Straily/Conley/Graves,Elieser,Smith,Nicolino
                          RP-Garcia,Taz,Bearclaw,Sterckenrider,Wittgren,Ziegler ,(Despaigne/Elieser/Smith?)

They want to Sign Jay or Melk Man so the OF will likely change with one of them in RF and Brinson to CF

As for the arms-Graves and Elieser have to stick and Nicolino is out of options. They would like to get a Jaime Garcia,Nolasco,few other names as a cheap option

- - - - - - - - - -

Ya they still wanna trade JT but aren't into the Nats offer and haven't gotten far into talks with others. Castro still wants to be dealt but they keep telling him and his agent they will likely have to wait. If anyone offers a mid level prospect or IFA cash for him at ANYTIME,he is gone. This actually goes for about 6/7 guys-the FO have told everyone they are open for business and Taz,Prado,Castro can be had cheap while JT,Bour,Straily,Ziegler,DD,Bearclaw are tradeable in right offer

Yes Miami would consider IFA Cash and Draft Picks in trades

- - - - - - - - - -

Cooper will be getting AB's. Right handed bat at 1B,LF,RF with all the starters LHB(Bour/DD/Jay or Melk Man). Could see him get the pinch hit bat and then Van Slyke go in to play the field
                          You think they’ll send Anderson down again?

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                            Him and Brinson are the biggest question marks to me as far as guys who they send down to start the year. Sierra and Alcantara are pretty obviously not MLB ready so thats easier to keep down until their individual deadlines, but Brinson and Anderson to me will be fascinating to see what we do at the beginning of the year. I think Lou calculated that each needs a little more than a month to get an extra year of team control, but each of those guys also are pretty clearly ready to play every day in the majors, so im fascinated to see how they handle them to start the year. PR wise its obvious why that would be a bad move, especially Brinson who is looking like a potential fan favorite local guy, but baseball business wise it would be smart to keep them down in a year where we arent trying to win. Im really interested to see what they do with them to begin the year. I think id be cool with and understand whatever they end up doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                              If Prado and Castro are here than yes. Get him tons of AB's in NOLA and try to improve there value

I prefer him at 3B up here but u can delay his FA if down for few weeks

- - - - - - - - - -

Looks like the JT to Houston talk was half real/half games. They are trying to get Washington to up the offer to Soto+ more however they aren't demanded Kyle Tucker. FO sees Houston as #1 having alot better prospects from #3-#20 and #2 JT would be in the AL so they don't have to see him

They would like Tucker from Houston BUT would take a Yelich type deal as well. 3 Top Guys and another part or 2(Catcher and Rights to Elieser?)

But yes they now have 2 teams and 2 others still interested(Oakland is one). If Washington offers Soto they will accept it and if Tucker is offered by Houston they will take it HOWEVER they will talk other names with Houston

Comment

• Andy Slater

Verified account

@AndySlater
                                5s6 seconds ago
                                More
                                SLATER SCOOP: Another Marlins offseason casualty. The sea creature race is no more, source says.
                                Cool with this. Seemed just like a copy cat on other cities original races. Interested to see the ideas they come up with for in game entertainment given everything theyve said about wanting to change it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X