Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    Matt Kemp is gonna be a free agent after the braves cut him i think. Would make sense as a stop gap guy for us for a few years.
    AL team likely OF/DH

But ya Philly(Hoskins/Yelich/Herrera),Atlanta(Acuna/Yelich/Inciarte) and SD(Yelich/Margot/Myers) all making space for a OF and can take on a contract(Prado)!!

Toronto-(Yelich/Pillar/?)
    Colorado-(Yelich/Blackmon/Parra)
    LAD-(Taylor/Yelich/Puig)
    Oakland-(Davis/Yelich/Piscotty)

Miami 2020-Brian Miller/Sierra/?
    Last edited by tjfla; 12-16-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• I like Yelich/Sierra/ Miller-Whoever

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
        I like Yelich/Sierra/ Miller-Whoever
        Ya Yelich/Sierra/? would look better but still hearing he wants out and we are talking. These slow ass FA signings are what is keeping us from doing anything else right now. Soon as Hosmer/Cain/Neil Walker/Pitchers are off we will be ready but they arent rushing anything.
        Last edited by tjfla; 12-16-2017, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• I can’t believe we can’t get Vlad Jr or Bichette for Yelich/Prado.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            I can’t believe we can’t get Vlad Jr or Bichette for Yelich/Prado.
            HUH? They could have gotten Bichette for Ozuna. Problem was we would have gotten little else. They went with 3 likely ML guys(Alcantara/Gallen/Sierra) instead of just 1(Bo)

They can get Bichette for Yelich in a second but Atlanta,SD,LAD,Colorado,Philly could all offer deeper packages. The issue with Toronto is beside Vlad Jr/Bo and maybe Alford their prospects arent that great. Miami asked Toronto for Vlad Jr AND Bo for Ozuna so that is what they would start with again for Yelich.

The question the FO has to ask themselves is would they rather have a Top 20 Prospect and lesser prospects from one team OR 3 Top 100 Prospects from another team? I prefer the deeper package 3 Top 100 and another 1 or 2 low level HOWEVER I wouldn't be pissed about a Vlad Jr,Gourriel,Zeuch or Reid-Foley and another 1 or 2 prospect deal.(Deal more about Vlad Jr than the others who arent that great)
            Last edited by tjfla; 12-17-2017, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Hard to believe the Blue Jays don’t have a guy like Gallen in their system.

Comment

• I don’t think Miami did anything wrong by asking for Vlad Jr and Bo at the start Of negotiations for Ozuna.

New ownership has broken Yelich’s spirit. He needs to be traded and the return needs to be HUGH.

I feel like I can get completely back on the Marlins Pain Train if we get Vlad Jr for Yelich/Prado.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  Hard to believe the Blue Jays don’t have a guy like Gallen in their system.
                  Top 2 Pitchers are TJ Zeuch and Sean Reid-Foley they are both serviceable but #3 guys at best. Dakota Hudson types

Best arm is Nate Pearson who was drafted this year

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                  I don’t think Miami did anything wrong by asking for Vlad Jr and Bo at the start Of negotiations for Ozuna.

New ownership has broken Yelich’s spirit. He needs to be traded and the return needs to be HUGH.

I feel like I can get completely back on the Marlins Pain Train if we get Vlad Jr for Yelich/Prado.
                  Agreed I would start with Vlad Jr AND Bo for Yelich and stay on both of them till as long as possible.I want the 3 Top 100 but if u can get Vlad Jr u take it. Face of franchise for years and plays RF

Who knows what happens but seems that Atkins(Toronto GM) knows exactly what it will take to get him

The positive is Atlanta,SD,LAD,Colorado,Philly(the other teams that really want him) all have very nice prospects

Comment

• I think Bo Bichette, Alford, Zeuch, Pearson is as good a package as any. Now if they can get both Bo and Vlad then that would make the future all kinds of fun. But I doubt the Jays will give up Vlad.
                    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                      I think Bo Bichette, Alford, Zeuch, Pearson is as good a package as any. Now if they can get both Bo and Vlad then that would make the future all kinds of fun. But I doubt the Jays will give up Vlad.
                      They could have gotten Bo and likely Zeuch in an Ozuna package so likely would cost them more than that for Yelich. Change Bo with Vlad Jr and I think they seriously consider that deal even tho the other 3 aren't exactly what they want. Right now I wouldn't consider them a "favorite" but could be. FA over next few weeks will tell us alot about where the Yelich market goes.

- - - - - - - - - -

Jim Salisbury of NBC Sports Philadelphia reports that the Giants "were sniffing around" on Maikel Franco during the Winter Meetings.

Comment

• Craig Mish reporting that JT Realmuto has requested a trade.

Not that they have to acquiesce, but if they can't sign him long term, then trade him
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Yea gotta trade him now with value at its highest if thats the case.
                          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• So now anytime we trade someone everybody likes/is friends with, they're not happy and we have to trade them too?

Comment

• Trade Yelich and Realmuto.

Might as well BURN THIS HUT DOWN TO THE GROUND now

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                                So now anytime we trade someone everybody likes/is friends with, they're not happy and we have to trade them too?
                                Yeah. This is silly...He has 3 more years of team control until 2021. A lot can change in 3 years. That said, I'm not against trading him, or anyone else at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X