• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Six Doubles and a Dong Lead Marlins Past Houston 7-5

Spamalamadingdong.

Season double back on.
    poop

Comment

6 doubles from 6 different players and Dobbs with the monster dong. I want moar of this offense. Also Javy worked through his issues today.

Comment

We are on a 101 win pace.

We gon do it.
        poop

Comment

Looks like Javy Vazquez decided to start his 2011 season finally so that's good news.

The offense is starting to come around, Stanton is back, Javy can pitch at the big league level, and Hanley isn't dead. We can do this whole baseball season thing.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            We are on a 101 win pace.

We gon do it.
            I believe it was after we played Houston last season that Daft was nice enough to inform us that we might suck

Comment

The April Astros series is the ultimate diviner of Marlins' success.
              poop

Comment

Chewie lead us to the sweep. Fish didn't get their first sweep last season until May 13-17 against the Mets (also a quick glance and I only see that we swept 2 series last year).

Comment

dobbs is kinda cool right now

Comment

Javier Vazquez has seen his share of ups and downs since breaking in to the major leagues since 1998. But he said he reached a milestone tonight in terms of frustration.

After lasting just 2 1/3 innings in his debut last Sunday, he had a not-again sensation tonight after the Astros scored three runs off him in two innings.

The tipping point came in the second inning, when he gave up an RBI double to pitcher Bud Norris.

“I don’t think in my career I have (ever) been so flustered (as) after that second inning,’’ said Vazquez, who got the win in Florida’s 7-5 victory.

“It was little frustrating because the pitcher got a hit and then I thought I had (No. 2 hitter Angel) Sanchez struck out and then he got a hit. When I went to the dugout I was little bit pissed off.’’

He says he didn’t slam any water coolers, but he apparently reached within himself to gather his composure. He retired the next six in a row and allowed one more run en route to his first win for the Marlins.

“I don’t swear,” he said. “I know when I’m pissed off. I don’t like to show it.

“Definitely it felt good eing able to keep the team in the game and let them come back the way they did.”

Manager Edwin Rodriguez said: “Javy Vazquez, without his best stuff he hung in there and kept us in the game and eventually he got the win. That’s what good pitchers do.”
                    An angry Javier Vazquez makes a winning adjustment for the Florida Marlins

Joe Cap doesn't seem to proof read his stuff. He usually has a bunch of typos.

Comment

Mibs you having fun at the games?
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Very much so. Houston is a great city to be a fan of the opposite team. Astros fans aren't like some in some other cities. They really don't say anything if you're wearing the opposing teams apparrel. And the stadium is fantastic! The retractable roof and open air concourses are wonderful. They really add to the enjoyment of games. You guys will see how great it is next year when the new ballpark opens. I just wish I lived closer to Miami so I would be able to enjoy the new stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                          Very much so. Houston is a great city to be a fan of the opposite team. Astros fans aren't like some in some other cities. They really don't say anything if you're wearing the opposing teams apparrel. And the stadium is fantastic! The retractable roof and open air concourses are wonderful. They really add to the enjoyment of games. You guys will see how great it is next year when the new ballpark opens. I just wish I lived closer to Miami so I would be able to enjoy the new stadium.
                          You mean you don't get beat up like @ Dodger Stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                            You mean you don't get beat up like @ Dodger Stadium?
                            Correct. You also don't get harassed like at Wrigley.

Comment

Working...
                            X