My Pre-Season Marlin Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this new guy

Lee, mind if I ask how you found our site?
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Ditto on the new guy.

It's been a while since I followed MiLB results. Looks like we'll be doing a lot of that this year.

Comment

I'm a Delray Beach resident

and a watch-every-game-on-TV Marlin fan. I googled "marlins fan forum" to find you. I am an author in my retirement, and have published four novels to date. https://www.amazon.com/Lee-Stone/e/B...ntt_dp_epwbk_0

Comment

Glad to hear it, we've spent the last 3 years with an issue that redirects visitors from Google and Twitter to a website called myfilestore, only on the first click. So you'd have to go back and click a second time. After three years and countless efforts I was fairly certain I'd solved the problem, but someone finding us through Google is a good sign that it's fixed.
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            2020 COULD look like this
            SP
            ?
            Alcantara
            Garcia
            Peters
            Gallen/Neidert/Richards

RP
            Yamamoto
            Wittgren
            Steckenrider
            Merandy
            Guzman

With Braxton Garrett/Rogers/#13 Pick in AA with 40 million to spend on SP/SS/C
            Kind of tough to put Garcia as the 2nd best SP of the group this quickly?

Don't forget they have Straily through 2020, and Urena and Conley through 2021. They may not necessarily move them if some of the kids progress fast this year.

Alternatively, the continuing footnote that they can trade all of Realmuto/Bour/Castro/Rojas/Prado/Dietrich/Straily/Urena/Conley/Barraclough/Ziegler/Tazawa and while there may not be a top end Brison/Harrison coming back for them (except Realmuto), there could be a lot of Peters, Neiderts, Merandys, and Yamamotos which push the dial and render any current projections moot very fast. Got to hit the dart board eventually.

They definitely need a SP with their # 1 pick this year though. It would be nice if they can emerge with a mostly club controlled staff in 2020, and then in AA/AAA have Rogers, Garret, 2018 # 1 pick, E. Cabrera, and hopefully they develop another SP prospect to have a great secondary prospect rotation with some real upside a year or so away.

Comment

I sense that moving Garcia to a starter is as much discontent with his mediocre work in the pen as anything. Garcia has never shown real potential as a starter though. My money is on the bullpen or AAA.

Comment

Working...
              X