2018 Spring Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Spring Training

Fox Sports Florida announces it is broadcasting 6 #Marlins spring training games - the opener Feb. 23 (Cardinals), Mar. 10 (Cards), March 16 (Cards), March 18 (Yankees), March 23 (Nationals) and March 25 (Astros).

Some of the radar gun readings im seeing reported for a lot of our prospects.... holy shit if they are accurate...

- - - - - - - - - -

Danny M.‏
    @all_right_Miami
    Follow Follow @all_right_Miami
    More
    Top registered fastball speeds:

Guzman (103)
    Alcántara (102)
    Cabrera (101)
    Merendy (97)
    Rogers (97)

That’s fun
    I believe he said he got those numbers from a BA article. Obviously its probably a short outing max, but thats still pretty impressive.

- - - - - - - - - -

And Urena was registered at 99.84...

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      Some of the radar gun readings im seeing reported for a lot of our prospects.... holy shit if they are accurate...

- - - - - - - - - -

I believe he said he got those numbers from a BA article. Obviously its probably a short outing max, but thats still pretty impressive.

- - - - - - - - - -

And Urena was registered at 99.84...
      We have others like Kolek,Tyler Kinley,Andy Beltre,Ellington who hit 97+ regularly. The issue with them is they can't throw them for strikes

Comment

Last year for the Atlanta Braves at Disney. Pretty much the last remaining site in Eastern Central Florida. Spring Training's been such a staple of my life since I was a kid. Nothing better than getting out of school and going to a 1:00 spring training game. It's a shame the bus ride was such a hang-up. I do plan on making it down to Jupiter for a game this year, though.

Comment

Has anyone been to the new astros/Nats spring training stadium in WPB? Im probably gonna go to a marlins game there or RDS depending on the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
            Last year for the Atlanta Braves at Disney. Pretty much the last remaining site in Eastern Central Florida. Spring Training's been such a staple of my life since I was a kid. Nothing better than getting out of school and going to a 1:00 spring training game. It's a shame the bus ride was such a hang-up. I do plan on making it down to Jupiter for a game this year, though.
            it's actually not anymore. They'll be at Disney next year as well.

https://www.talkingchop.com/2018/1/3...19-disney-espn

I've never gotten down there and it would have been difficult for me this year as well, but now I have another year to make it happen.
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Holy Crap, you just made my day.

Comment

I had no idea until last week when I was lamenting that I wouldn't get down there, and someone surprised me with the news.
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

That Braves stadium is really cool to watch a game at. Played a travel ball game there once.

Comment

It's the nicest spring training facility I've been to, it's crazy to me that they're leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                      It's the nicest spring training facility I've been to, it's crazy to me that they're leaving.
                      No other teams in the area anymore.

Comment

yeah I know the reasoning. I said it above. The Dodgers leaving Vero Beach was the killer. Left the Nats, Astros and Braves on an island. All had great facilities that they left.

Comment

Tigers aren't too far away. They're going to be the most isolated after all the moves I think. Obviously still fairly close to Tampa, but still.

Comment

They just did a bunch of renovations at the Tigers facility as well, so you would think they'd be sticking around. They also have a pretty extensive history in Lakeland.

Comment

I remember when the Orioles used to play at that dump in Pompano. I wish there were more down here.

Comment

Working...
                              X