New Marlins Logo Concepts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Marlins Logo Concepts

As I mentioned in a previous thread, and in light of new ownership and the 25th Anniversary logo unveiling using the previous colors, I came up with a few concepts for a new Marlins logo.

Here's a breakdown of what I did.....I created concepts using both the current colors and the old colors, allowing the design to go either way. I tried to recreate the font of the old F into an M, but I couldn't figure out the exact font, and recreations just weren't looking right/good, so I kept the current M. The marlin itself has been streamlined and simplified (especially the dorsal fin), sort of bridging the gap between the old one and the new abstract one.

Feedback is certainly welcome, and I can make alterations if you all have any ideas. I'll give more details of each one after the image. I included the original and current logos on the right for reference.

Note: the only difference between 1,3,5 and 2,4,6 are the side fin I added between the peaks of the M (the alternate original Florida Marlins logo had a side fin, but on the "F" logo, the F covers where the fin would be).

1/2) The original concept I came up with
    3/4) I made the side stripe yellow instead of silver, to tie in the single element of yellow on the logo that is used nowhere else in anything. Real marlins have a yellow-ish color in this area as well.
    5/6) Here's the version using the original teal colors, and I'm actually liking it quite a bit.

Big fan of 4 and 6. Good job.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Ya i like 4 the best. Like the combo of the current colors and the old fish logo.

Comment

Yup 4 is very nice!

Comment

6 would be perfect. The new color scheme has grown on me over time, but I'll always be a sucker for the teal. Using a color that's distinctly ours can only be good for marketing of the team.

Comment

Will any of it matter until they are ready to win ? Why not wait a while longer ? No one, except really hardcore people are going to buy any gear for a long, long time. I still have my old Marlins stuff, what makes me want to go and buy the new ones ? With economic uncertainty coming into mine, and many others lives soon, I can't afford to waste any money on new gear, when the old ones look almost identical to the old ones. Unless they put a ban on wearing the old stuff into the stadium (which I guess they technically can do - they could call it offensive or hostile to the new owners, I guess) I won't buy the new stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddawg View Post
              Will any of it matter until they are ready to win ? Why not wait a while longer ? No one, except really hardcore people are going to buy any gear for a long, long time. I still have my old Marlins stuff, what makes me want to go and buy the new ones ? With economic uncertainty coming into mine, and many others lives soon, I can't afford to waste any money on new gear, when the old ones look almost identical to the old ones. Unless they put a ban on wearing the old stuff into the stadium (which I guess they technically can do - they could call it offensive or hostile to the new owners, I guess) I won't buy the new stuff.
              perhaps read the post before commenting on its title

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                perhaps read the post before commenting on its title
                I actually did, and I know these are amateur conception logos. But why waste time on this by fans or by the club, on new logos. No one is going to want Marlins gear this year or for the next 4 or 5 years, at the least.

Comment

I actually did, and I know these are amateur conception logos. But why waste time on this by fans or by the club, on new logos. No one is going to want Marlins gear this year or for the next 4 or 5 years, at the least.
                  Why waste time posting a response? Why do any of us waste time posting here? The team won't be good for 4-5 years as you pointed out, let's shut the board down until then.

Even with their crap, I'm still a fan, and I did it for fun and because I found it interesting that they used the old marlin and colors on the 25th anniversary logo, so by extension wondered what revamped logos could look like. I didn't consider it a waste of time because I enjoyed doing it. Bah humbug.

Comment

who gives a fuck? the guy's posting his fan art for other fans to enjoy. if you don't like it, move along.

Comment

Looks great, rmc523. I really like 4 and 6.

Comment

This is fantastic. I like #6 the best. I would simplify the M by removing the silver outline dividing the teal from black. It seems excessive. But it's a great blending of the two identities.

Comment

Working...
                        X