Rosenthal: Marlins Trade Yelich to the Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
    I mean, just being logical in the current MLB climate, you would rather have a ton of high end pitching prospects in a smaller market since you will control them for low cost during most of their best years. They needed to target pitchers in everything they did here and ended up not even getting a good one with their best chip.
    I don’t have an opinion either way as I think both are important, but the general trend in mlb now is that finding top notch controllable hitting talent is harder than pitching. Who knows if that’s truly the case, just going based off what the Red Sox have been doing as well as what Epstein said in the cubs book I read about building the cubs title team that I believe was written by maybe Joel Sherman? Again not offering my thoughts either way but just relaying shit I’ve read about how team building has shifted in recent years

Comment

Love Harrison and Lewis and Diaz. Needed another pitcher though.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Yelich was the one to get the ace. Failed.

Brinson’s main value is tied to CF. So is Sierra.

Needed Woodruff or Burnes. Need much more pitching.

Maybe Realmuto gets you a better pitcher.

Watch them start Brinson on MLB roster and lose a year of control by not starting him in AAA for 6 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post

Watch them start Brinson on MLB roster and lose a year of control by not starting him in AAA for 6 weeks
          At this point who the Hell else do they have to play the outfield?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
            Love Harrison and Lewis and Diaz. Needed another pitcher though.
            I could agree with this. Again I’m on my way to the heat game so I can’t look into the pitcher too much, but I could agree that I’d love to see one more pitcher in the deal.

Comment

They can hire one of the custodians to play in the outfield for 6 weeks, who gives a shit.

Comment

This is so much worse than Ozuna to me

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  I don’t have an opinion either way as I think both are important, but the general trend in mlb now is that finding top notch controllable hitting talent is harder than pitching. Who knows if that’s truly the case, just going based off what the Red Sox have been doing as well as what Epstein said in the cubs book I read about building the cubs title team that I believe was written by maybe Joel Sherman? Again not offering my thoughts either way but just relaying shit I’ve read about how team building has shifted in recent years
                  You mean like finding Ozuna, Yelich, Reamuto all together?

The team is clearly not going to be big spenders in free agency and with how insane top flight pitchers contracts go for, I can't see them acquiring one in that way.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post

It’s clear we’re gonna deal everyone now, just be patient and see who we get in the inevitable realmuto deal. Good point on Brunson tho, is that what his contract status is? Because that’s gonna be a tough sell cause it’s fairly obvious he’s mlb ready but hopefully they just say fuck it and get the extra year. It’s always worth it

Comment

They can hire one of the custodians to play in the outfield for 6 weeks, who gives a shit.
                      This is honestly an attendance draw to me. That would be amazing to see a guy bat with a mop.

- - - - - - - - - -

This is honestly an attendance draw to me. That would be amazing to see a guy bat with a mop.

Comment

This new ownership honestly doesn't give a shit about fans or building a team just trying to reduce payroll. So far they have settled on every deal they have made just to move the player. They see to focus on one player coming back and could give two shits about the rest of the return.

Comment

Sign Machado and Harper and all is forgiven!

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                            This new ownership honestly doesn't give a shit about fans or building a team just trying to reduce payroll. So far they have settled on every deal they have made just to move the player. They see to focus on one player coming back and could give two shits about the rest of the return.
                            Thats bullshit. We’ve now traded all of these guys and haven’t traded any of the actual problem salaries

Comment

Depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                It’s clear we’re gonna deal everyone now, just be patient and see who we get in the inevitable realmuto deal. Good point on Brunson tho, is that what his contract status is? Because that’s gonna be a tough sell cause it’s fairly obvious he’s mlb ready but hopefully they just say fuck it and get the extra year. It’s always worth it
                                You know I have defended you more than anyone last few weeks

But this is hot garbage without a starting pitcher

Brinson has like 25 days of service time so he’s just like Sierra. Needs to stay down mid Mayish

Comment

Working...
                                X