Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    Depressing.
    It is if you really are a fan there isn't much to look forward to for the foreseeable future except vying for the worst record ever. This team is going to be hard pressed to win 50 games.

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
      It is if you really are a fan there isn't much to look forward to for the foreseeable future except vying for the worst record ever. This team is going to be hard pressed to win 50 games.
      If they trade no one I’ll take over 60 easily

But there is a lot left to trade. I think its 65+ right now but Straily, Castro, Bour, Realmuto, Prado, and Ziegler knock off an easy 10+

Gonna be ugly. Harrison is a 2020 ETA according to FG

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        Thats bullshit. We’ve now traded all of these guys and haven’t traded any of the actual problem salaries
        Hell, with what they have gotten back in these trades they should have made the other teams take a bad contract back as well. Have have gotten back minimal return for both Yelich and Ozuna and will continue to do so for Realmuto and Bour and Straily.

Comment

Really needed Burnes in the deal man. But I have a man crush on harrison.
          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
            You know I have defended you more than anyone last few weeks

But this is hot garbage without a starting pitcher

Brinson has like 25 days of service time so he’s just like Sierra. Needs to stay down mid Mayish
            If they replaced a pitcher with the same quality of brinson instead of brinson would you be ok with it or would you have wanted an additional top flight pitching prospect on top of brinson? I respect your opinion a lot so I’m genuine nelly interested
            You have wanted

Edit- sorry I’m on my phone and autocorrect sucks

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
              If they trade no one I’ll take over 60 easily

But there is a lot left to trade. I think its 65+ right now but Straily, Castro, Bour, Realmuto, Prado, and Ziegler knock off an easy 10+

Gonna be ugly. Harrison is a 2020 ETA according to FG
              They won 77 with everyone last year. Honestly can't see they get anywhere near 65. You think trading Stanton, Ozuna, Yelich and Gordon only cost this team 12 wins?

Comment

Post season rankings of the Brewers system:

BA: Brinson #1, Harrison #5, and Diaz #9
                Baseball Prospectus: Brinson #1, Harrison #3, and Diaz #6
                Fan Graphs: Brinson #1, Harrison #3, Diaz #6, and Yamamoto #21

I get that they need elite starting pitching, but what they need most is talent and they seem like they got some of the best talent from one of the best systems in baseball. This team can draft high end pitching...we will be drafting pretty high in 2019.

Comment

Hell, with what they have gotten back in these trades they should have made the other teams take a bad contract back as well. Have have gotten back minimal return for both Yelich and Ozuna and will continue to do so for Realmuto and Bour and Straily.
                  I just disagreeing I guess. Especially on the ozuna trade.

Comment

They won 77 with everyone last year. Honestly can't see they get anywhere near 65. You think trading Stanton, Ozuna, Yelich and Gordon only cost this team 12 wins?
                    More like 17, but I am assuming their replacements can cover 5 WAR between 4 players

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                      What good is the “right process” if you don’t get anybody worth anything? You don’t care about the result of the trade? Isn’t that the entire point of it?

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post

I get that they need elite starting pitching, but what they need most is talent and they seem like they got some of the best talent from one of the best systems in baseball. This team can draft high end pitching...we will be drafting pretty high in 2019.
                        Exactly this. Especially considering we have focused on pitching in every other dealand we still have jt and others, I’m cool with going with the best talent offer available

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post

Exactly this. Especially considering we have focused on pitching in every other dealand we still have jt and others, I’m cool with going with the best talent offer available

Comment

Thats bullshit. We’ve now traded all of these guys and haven’t traded any of the actual problem salaries
                          That makes these moves that much worse. Terrible deals and we’re still stuck with the high salary guys.

It’s clear we’re gonna deal everyone now, just be patient and see who we get in the inevitable realmuto deal. Good point on Brunson tho, is that what his contract status is? Because that’s gonna be a tough sell cause it’s fairly obvious he’s mlb ready but hopefully they just say fuck it and get the extra year. It’s always worth it
                          Be patient for what? Realmuto is the last guy left, and time after time, they’ve shown they manage to get underwhelming returns, so there’s not anything left to be patient for.

I do, I just think nobody actually truly knows how we’re doing until a year from now at least. That’s why I’m saying the process is more important at this pount. I also like what we’ve done getting potential top end arms, high floor arms, and now a few top prospect bats. I just like the general process and think we’ve done alright and we will know more A year from now. Also we still have quite a few trade chips
                          I get that trades are evaluated years down the road, but come on man. Yelich was our best trade chip and we settled for some lesser package because nobody would offer what we wanted. There was NO reason to trade him - he was controlled on a team friendly deal. You don’t have to trade him to trade him.

So what’s payroll down to now? Prado’s 13+ Ziegler/Tazawa’s 13 + Chen’s 15 or whatever it is? And that’s about it. Woohoo, good job guys! We did it! Championship!

Comment

Jackson is reporting after the Yelich trade the payroll is still 97 million for this year and they want to get below 90.

Comment

This new ownership honestly doesn't give a shit about fans or building a team just trying to reduce payroll. So far they have settled on every deal they have made just to move the player. They see to focus on one player coming back and could give two shits about the rest of the return.
                              I have to agree with you. I really can't see who is going to start for them now...unless it's going to be last minute 1-year deals on a lot of players on the end of their career. Gawd this team will be boring to watch......

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                                That makes these moves that much worse. Terrible deals and we’re still stuck with the high salary guys.

Be patient for what? Realmuto is the last guy left, and time after time, they’ve shown they manage to get underwhelming returns, so there’s not anything left to be patient for.

I get that trades are evaluated years down the road, but come on man. Yelich was our best trade chip and we settled for some lesser package because nobody would offer what we wanted. There was NO reason to trade him - he was controlled on a team friendly deal. You don’t have to trade him to trade him.

So what’s payroll down to now? Prado’s 13+ Ziegler/Tazawa’s 13 + Chen’s 15 or whatever it is? And that’s about it. Woohoo, good job guys! We did it! Championship!
                                Bad deals to you, before any players we’ve gotten have put on the uniform. We also unanimously did good in the Cabrera trade. And if they included contracts you’d complain about them putting payroll in front of better returns. I’m going to the heat game and will be back later to talk about this deal

Comment

Working...
                                X