No announcement yet.

Rosenthal: Marlins Trade Yelich to the Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it is philosophical, but I think young pitching is the most valuable thing in baseball. I would honestly not care if they exclusively traded for pitching and sort it out in 2 years when they figure out who is the best.

Also, I understand taking the best player available, but they have two guys, maybe three, who all have value tied to playing CF and will lose it if they get pushed to a corner. Seriously?

Comment

I would have preferred a Freddy Peralta to Yamamoto but in reality we did very well in the trade. Diaz is a power bat at 2B who can play solid D,Brinson is 6'5 200lbs 5 tool guy and Harrison is another 5 tool guy who people think finally figured it all out LY. Its all about building talent for 2020 and all 4 guys fit that

As for the SP,don't forget we have the #13 pick and this is a top heavy college arm draft. We will likely take a Ryan Rolison,Jackson Kowar,Logan Gilbert to add to our pitching prospects

Also to everyone who cried about Miami taking less for losing money. Realize this we turned down 2 deals with Toronto-both were headlined by BO. 1 had them taking Prado.

I am putting some JT news in other thread

Comment

Also on Brinson. NOT this year or next but don't be surprised if by 2020 he is our 1B.

They still want Martinez and if trade JT with Washington they are getting Robles or Soto

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          I would have preferred a Freddy Peralta to Yamamoto but in reality we did very well in the trade. Diaz is a power bat at 2B who can play solid D,Brinson is 6'5 200lbs 5 tool guy and Harrison is another 5 tool guy who people think finally figured it all out LY. Its all about building talent for 2020 and all 4 guys fit that

As for the SP,don't forget we have the #13 pick and this is a top heavy college arm draft. We will likely take a Ryan Rolison,Jackson Kowar,Logan Gilbert to add to our pitching prospects

Also to everyone who cried about Miami taking less for losing money. Realize this we turned down 2 deals with Toronto-both were headlined by BO. 1 had them taking Prado.

I am putting some JT news in other thread
          I love the fact that they havent included soon to expire salaries in any of these trades. Bite the bullet for a year and get better returns.

Comment

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...197383339.html

The Marlins felt more urgency to trade Christian Yelich than J.T. Realmuto, who also has asked for a trade, because they believed Yelich could become a sour presence in the clubhouse if he wasn’t traded, according to someone with direct knowledge of the team’s thinking.

Comment

Yelich never struck me as an outspoken cage rattler.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                Same here. Seemed like the quiet type.

Comment

Agreed.

Let’s not forget that Jeter tried to pin Stanton’s trade on Stanton.

“He doesn’t want to be here so we have to trade him, guys”

Comment

I think a lot of it was the agent as well. Im guessing Yelich's agent didnt just come out publicly and say the stuff he did on his on doing. JT apparently explicitly instructed his agent not to do so.

Comment

• Ya they had agreement to not say anything but Yelich started to get impatient(He wanted to get ready for ST) and when his agent said something they knew it was time. They have same agreement with JT however they both would like to figure something out before Pitchers and Catchers report. Wouldnt be surprised if nothing by that week if u dont start hearing his agent make some noise

Still talking with Washington. Others interested are Oakland,Houston,Texas,Colorado,Atlanta,Toronto but no real talks have taken place with any of them

They also are trying to move Castro but have told him and his people he might have to stick around. They arent asking for alot(pretty much what Galvis brought-mid level prospect) the issue is 2/22 left on deal and only 3 teams needing a 2B/SS type. If they get any offer close to that he is gone
                      Last edited by tjfla; 01-31-2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Yelich went on MLB Radio and actually defended the organization after the trade. He said they are taking a lot of flak, but they had to do what they've done. I was kind of surprised by that.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                          Meanwhile, Yelich went on MLB Radio and actually defended the organization after the trade. He said they are taking a lot of flak, but they had to do what they've done. I was kind of surprised by that.
                          that's cool to hear. Wouldnt blame him if he was pissed and said otherwise, but cool to see him understand.

Comment

• New to this fine Marlins site, I just read the tepid responses to the Yelich trade. Frankly, I'm incredulous. In a couple years, this trade will go down as an unprecedented success IMO. While Brinson alone may outperform Yelich, Monster Harrison is the huge catch. Regarded as the very best athlete in his draft class, he was robbed of two developmental seasons by injury. Giant speed, power and arm, he started busting out this season in the A+ Carolina League. 21 HR and 27 SB. He carried that into the AFL. where he was the most talked about player. A year from now, he's going to own RF for the Marlins. Isan Diaz is the 4th ranked 2B among all prospects. He reportedly played with an injured wrist last season, but was the Brewers MiL POY in 2016. He has 20 HR power and can play short or second. He too is just a year away. And Yamamoto. Also in the Carolina League, he was simply one of the best starters in the whole dang league. He may head to the BP, but he's sure to make the majors.

Comment

• I love the Harrison pickup as well. I don't think he's as much of a sure thing as you do, but I think he's got Superstar potential written all over him.

Comment

• I’m most happy with the return we got on Yelich out of all of the off season trades. Love what I see in Brinson, Harrison and Diaz.

I have a sinking feeling that the Ozuna trade will go down as one of the worst in Marlins history. Ozuna could win the NL MVP this year. He’s that good.

Comment

Working...
                                X