Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Ya they were getting calls but no clue the exact names. Just spitballing

I would prefer St Louis offer(if 4 guys I think) to Mateo,Holmes and Luzardo
    Would this group of players you think it is involve a ML ready OF? Outside of pitching,we currently have a lack of starting OF. Bader would seem to be a nice fit. I’m also hoping for Gomber.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
      Would this group of players you think it is involve a ML ready OF? Outside of pitching,we currently have a lack of starting OF. Bader would seem to be a nice fit. I’m also hoping for Gomber.
      Agreed, Gomber's stats look really nice, and apparently he has a great curve which makes him a good relief pitcher if starting doesnt work out. Im hopeing for Hudson, Gomber, and Bader.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        speaking of the rule 5, given our lack of 2b/ss options (Riddle and Rojas being the only ones) as well as a lack of power not on the team, Travis demeritte in the rule 5 makes a ton of sense.

- - - - - - - - - -

This makes me think we got 3 SP prospects and Bader.
        Ya Boston was "mystery team" but werent even close

Doubt he makes it to #13 plus I have heard we are taking a pitcher from NYY if still on board

Comment

• I'm not getting my hopes up about Bader. He's arguably a better prospect than Alcantara. I'm fully expecting lower level guys until this organization proves they can get quality prospects.

Comment

• how in the world are we 5 hours since this team was announced done, we know exactly the amount of prospects we are getting, but not a single guy can report and of the other 3 prospects?

Comment

• Derek Goold, STL Beat writer mentions that we were interested in Jose Adonis Garcia, the Cuban OF they signed last year. Doesn’t say he’s in the deal but he would make a lot of sense here.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                Derek Goold, STL Beat writer mentions that we were interested in Jose Adonis Garcia, the Cuban OF they signed last year. Doesn’t say he’s in the deal but he would make a lot of sense here.
                interesting numbers. i could get into that

Comment

how in the world are we 5 hours since this team was announced done, we know exactly the amount of prospects we are getting, but not a single guy can report and of the other 3 prospects?
                  Do we have confirmation on the number of prospects. Last I heard it was only one guy who reported that, and it wasn't even one of the major national guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                    Do we have confirmation on the number of prospects. Last I heard it was only one guy who reported that, and it wasn't even one of the major national guys.
                    i thought ive seen multiple guys confirm that its Alcantara and 3 others.

Comment

• Cardinals To Acquire Marcell Ozuna

By Jeff Todd | December 13, 2017 at 12:40pm CDT

1:54pm: There are three other prospects in the deal, Joel Sherman of the New York Post tweets. But those are lesser assets and Alcantara is considered the centerpiece of the swap.

- - - - - - - - - -

How did they mess this trade up so bad? They didn't even add a money dump contract and they appear to be getting garbage back. Unless they considered Ozuna a money dump contract to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                        Cardinals To Acquire Marcell Ozuna

By Jeff Todd | December 13, 2017 at 12:40pm CDT

1:54pm: There are three other prospects in the deal, Joel Sherman of the New York Post tweets. But those are lesser assets and Alcantara is considered the centerpiece of the swap.

- - - - - - - - - -

How did they mess this trade up so bad? They didn't even add a money dump contract and they appear to be getting garbage back. Unless they considered Ozuna a money dump contract to begin with.
                        i will never understand putting fault on somebody while only having 25% of the information.

Comment

i will never understand putting fault on somebody while only having 25% of the information.
                          You yourself said if Alcantara as the main piece back that the trade would be awful. Well that appears to be the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                            You yourself said if Alcantara as the main piece back that the trade would be awful. Well that appears to be the case.
                            i wouldnt like him to be the centerpiece of the trade, and i still dont, but im not gonna comment on a deal in which we get 4 prospects when we dont know 3 of them. Not liking alcantara as the main piece is one thing, completely shitting on a trade you know 25% of is fucking stupid.

- - - - - - - - - -

plus, i think what they might have done is sacrificed getting flaherty and instead chose alcantara as the lead guy to get better prospects from the other 3 guys they received.

- - - - - - - - - -

clarkspencer‏Verified account
                            @clarkspencer
                            2m2 minutes ago
                            More
                            Hearing that the OF coming back back to Marlins in the Ozuna deal is Magneuris Sierra, team's No. 6 prospect.
                            Now we can start to criticize lol.

Comment

• I don't like Alcantara and for him to be the centerpiece of the trade that was supposed to be the biggest trade to rebuild this team is garbage. Alcantara as a secondary piece would be just ok he walks a ton of batters and his best ERA to date is in the 3's plus he already has to be kept on the 40 man roster until he is ready to be our closer. I let they hype of hoping they got a good return get the best of me and seeing this I just don't understand what the hell they are doing besides dumping salaries.

Comment

• St. Louis is supposed to have a good farm system right? These "top prospects" that we've gotten from them so far have terrible numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X