Mish: Marcell Ozuna Traded to St. Louis Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    Id be cool with that. But they are beyond "knowing how to draft." they are consistently incredible at drafting, both in the early rounds and later rounds.

- - - - - - - - - -

yup. its why i think all the freaking out here is premature. I didnt want alcantara as the centerpiece either, but if we went with 4 quality prospects rather than 1 top prospect and 3 lesser guys than im cool with it. Especially if its 4 guys with 6 years of team control for 1 guy who would leave as a free agent after 2 losing years anyways?
    Exactly. U can have Alcantara/Hudson/Bader and either Gomber,Junior Fernandez,Zac Gallen,Woodford,Helsley all very solid arms

Comment

• I'm still upset with the Stanton deal. Don't think they got equal value for him.

But if it is those four guys, that is equal value. Especially since all those guys would be able to contribute next season. That is the biggest issue with the Stanton deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
        Inside Info.

We should've laughed at this trade offer, no reason to trade Ozuna at this point, unless you're blown away.

The only explanation is that they are penny-pinching. It's the only thing that makes sense.
        Wasn't there a website somewhere that has payroll projections/the salaries of players?

I was trying to find them, but haven't been able to.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
          Wasn't there a website somewhere that has payroll projections/the salaries of players?

I was trying to find them, but haven't been able to.
          http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/miami-marlins/payroll/

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
            I'm still upset with the Stanton deal. Don't think they got equal value for him.

But if it is those four guys, that is equal value. Especially since all those guys would be able to contribute next season. That is the biggest issue with the Stanton deal.
            not only able to contribute next season, but 6 years of team control. that's just as important as being able to contribute next season.

Comment

• Wish you could go back a week to compare what it was. I thought there was a site that had arbitration projections too. Maybe that was just something someone here posted.

Comment

Wish you could go back a week to compare what it was. I thought there was a site that had arbitration projections too. Maybe that was just something someone here posted.
                i know mlbtraderumors has a list of all the arbitration projections somewhere.

- - - - - - - - - -

this is kind of beyond ridiculous. 4 hours later and we know 1 name?

Comment

Wish you could go back a week to compare what it was. I thought there was a site that had arbitration projections too. Maybe that was just something someone here posted.
                  http://legacy.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/

If you click on the team payroll projection excels, they sometimes float in an arbitration projection.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    They are but I am telling u what teams were saying. If he had 4 years of control or a Yelich type deal we would have gotten 3 TOp 100 prospects. Teams were worried about giving up a ton for him and losing him as a FA. Boras has told teams 7/250 million

Yelich is signed(cheaper than Ozuna and longer)
                    Didn't you lay out that they were getting big offers from teams. Bichette was mentioned, the A's top guys were mentioned. This doesn't seem like an issue of supply and demand. It just seems like this was the deal Miami chose.

Comment

• We should??? know names but deal won't be official till tommorrow after Rule 5

Assume guys on 40 man and we want to save a spot

Comment

Also I read somewhere the Marlins had insurance on Volquez and should get back around $7 this year.

FWIW if you are checking out payroll.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                          Didn't you lay out that they were getting big offers from teams. Bichette was mentioned, the A's top guys were mentioned. This doesn't seem like an issue of supply and demand. It just seems like this was the deal Miami chose.
                          Ya they were getting calls but no clue the exact names. Just spitballing

I would prefer St Louis offer(if 4 guys I think) to Mateo,Holmes and Luzardo

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            We should??? know names but deal won't be official till tommorrow after Rule 5

Assume guys on 40 man and we want to save a spot
                            you can announce the names without making the deal official until tomorrow. this is kind of absurd.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              you can announce the names without making the deal official until tomorrow. this is kind of absurd.
                              O they will just saying it wont be official till then

Comment

• speaking of the rule 5, given our lack of 2b/ss options (Riddle and Rojas being the only ones) as well as a lack of power not on the team, Travis demeritte in the rule 5 makes a ton of sense.

- - - - - - - - - -

Pete Abraham‏Verified account
                                @PeteAbe
                                5s6 seconds ago
                                More
                                #RedSox were in on Ozuna. But they didn't match up pitching prospect wise, Dombrowski said.
                                This makes me think we got 3 SP prospects and Bader.

Comment

Working...
                                X