Mish: Marcell Ozuna Traded to St. Louis Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
    Oh please like teams wouldn't be falling all over themselves to add a guy entering his prime with a .300 bat, 40+ HR power and gold glove.

- - - - - - - - - -

I mean, I guess reality has proved me wrong but I stand by this.
    while i agree, I think Ozuna is also a prime candidate for regression. Idk if he is regression to the high .700's OPs guy, but i dont know iif he is close to the guy he was last year.

- - - - - - - - - -

Bob Nightengale‏Verified account
    @BNightengale
    7s7 seconds ago
    More
    The #STLCards not including top outfield prospect Tyler O'Neill in #Marlins trade, or outfielders Stephen Piscotty or Randal Grichuk
    Ok, process of elimination now. Bader?

- - - - - - - - - -

Who are the OF's that the Cards have? Do they have a need for bader still if o'neill is still there? Ozuna, Pham, O'neill is ready, Martinez can play LF right? Maybe bader is the OF?

- - - - - - - - - -

Maybe its something like alcantara, Bader, Hudson/Gomber/Junior Fernandez, Knizner?

Comment

• PURE SPECULATION: Marcel Ozuna will regress!!!!!111

Comment

• Bader was the guy they wanted in Stanton deal

Cards Minor league OF
        ML Ready
        Bader
        Sierra
        Garcia

Year Away
        Arozarena
        Oscar Mercado

Longer
        Carlson
        Machado
        Plummer

Comment

• Probably be Alcantara, Hudson, Gomber, Bader
          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
            Probably be Alcantara, Hudson, Gomber, Bader
            This

Comment

Probably be Alcantara, Hudson, Gomber, Bader
              not ideal, but i could definitely live with that. If they were given the choice between Alcantara and Flaherty and took Alcantara though that is pretty horrific.

Comment

• Remember a couple of years ago when Ozuna was doing terrible and there was talk of us trading him to the Indians for Carlos Carrasco? So two years later he explodes onto the scene last year, becomes one of the top hitters in the league last season, and the best player we can get is a fireballing AA pitcher who struggles to throw strikes, and has yet to really have a breakout year even at the low A-ball levels.

Comment

• Bader is #90 for anyone’s who cares.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                    Remember a couple of years ago when Ozuna was doing terrible and there was talk of us trading him to the Indians for Carlos Carrasco? So two years later he explodes onto the scene last year, becomes one of the top hitters in the league last season, and the best player we can get is a fireballing AA pitcher who struggles to throw strikes, and has yet to really have a breakout year even at the low A-ball levels.
                    Well thats what we asked for. Cleveland pretty much laughed

Comment

• I'd be happy with Bader. He's young, he's been consistent in the minors, and his numbers suggest that there's room for him to grow as a player. He'd be a good grab.

Comment

Bader is #90 for anyone’s who cares.
                        He's the typical cardinal college drafted prospect with a really high floor but probably not star potential. Trying to come up with a player comp but cant really think of one.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                          He's the typical cardinal college drafted prospect with a really high floor but probably not star potential. Trying to come up with a player comp but cant really think of one.
                          Amazing what happens when u know how to draft. 3rd Rd #100. While we are drafting guys like Justin Twine,Blake Anderson,Brett Lilek

This is what Denbo wants to do in the next 2/3 drafts. Take BPA College guy

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            Well thats what we asked for. Cleveland pretty much laughed
                            Inside Info.

We should've laughed at this trade offer, no reason to trade Ozuna at this point, unless you're blown away.

The only explanation is that they are penny-pinching. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Comment

• I don't think we got those players but Alcantra/Hudson/Gomber/Bader would be an excellent return in my eyes. All these guys project as major leaguers and can all contribute at some point next year. Alcantra is the project with the highest potential, Hudson is projectable as a stalwart #3 in a rotation, Gomber is very similar, and Bader looks like a lesser version hitter of what Yelich was like as a prospect in our system (consistent through levels, good contact and solid on base abilities with room to grow power wise).

Again I don't think that'll be the deal but I'd actually like that group getting back.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                Amazing what happens when u know how to draft. 3rd Rd #100. While we are drafting guys like Justin Twine,Blake Anderson,Brett Lilek

This is what Denbo wants to do in the next 2/3 drafts. Take BPA College guy
                                Id be cool with that. But they are beyond "knowing how to draft." they are consistently incredible at drafting, both in the early rounds and later rounds.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by dim View Post
                                I don't think we got those players but Alcantra/Hudson/Gomber/Bader would be an excellent return in my eyes. All these guys project as major leaguers and can all contribute at some point next year. Alcantra is the project with the highest potential, Hudson is projectable as a stalwart #3 in a rotation, Gomber is very similar, and Bader looks like a lesser version hitter of what Yelich was like as a prospect in our system (consistent through levels, good contact and solid on base abilities with room to grow power wise).

Again I don't think that'll be the deal but I'd actually like that group getting back.
                                yup. its why i think all the freaking out here is premature. I didnt want alcantara as the centerpiece either, but if we went with 4 quality prospects rather than 1 top prospect and 3 lesser guys than im cool with it. Especially if its 4 guys with 6 years of team control for 1 guy who would leave as a free agent after 2 losing years anyways?

Comment

Working...
                                X