Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Nope they wanted pitching and looks like they got it
    how the fuck do we not know the other 3 players in this deal yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
      Has the scouting department been overhauled? The lack of finding many hits in the draft or the IFA are just as big of contributors to the team being in this situation as the consistently low payroll, misses in the free agency and mismanaged trades.
      Yes it has. Gary Denbo runs it now. Hard to hit when u draft 20 24 yr olds every year who get released before they make it to Year 2

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        we had like 8 teams bidding on ozuna. i really dont think leverage was the issue here.
        I doubt many of those teams were serious. We only ever heard the Cardinals name really thrown around. Any talks could also be Marlins leaking false information to trade and force the Cardinals hand. Again all speculation.

Comment

I doubt many of those teams were serious. We only ever heard the Cardinals name really thrown around. Any talks could also be Marlins leaking false information to trade and force the Cardinals hand. Again all speculation.
          I don't see why it wouldn't be serious. Ozuna is a very good player. Just seems like this is the deal the Marlins liked for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            we had like 8 teams bidding on ozuna. i really dont think leverage was the issue here.
            Right. I don't think this was an issue of being forced to take what they can get. I think they just did a poor job. Either that, or these guys are just smarter than everyone else, and prospects many people don't think very highly of are going to turn out to be great players.

Comment

• Just hold onto Yelich until they fire Hill and get an actual GM to trade him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                Can someone explain to me how Marcel Ozuna is not a stone cold deadbolt lock to net a teams #1 or #2 prospect?
                This is what I don't understand either. I expected Stanton to get less because of the contract, but Ozuna should've gotten a huge return, IMO.

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                I do find it odd that Mike Hill is still here for these Franchise-Altering moves. At first I thought it was just transitional, but doesn't seem that way now, does it? How could you hold this fire sale, where the entire selling point is that this franchise has been run horrifically, we need a completely different perspective, we have to completely alter the way we do things, and then the guy who is "officially" in charge of executing this plan (even if he's not in charge) is the guy who was in charge of making these decisions under the last administration that you're throwing under the bus.
                I completely agree - it's pathetic how he's still here.

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                FA in 2 years. #1 Prospect is Alex Reyes who is coming off TJ #2 Prospect is Carson Kelly who we dont need

Assume they went with Dakota Hudson and another AA SP instead of #3 Prospect Jack Flaherty. Mike Hill!!!! HAHA
                Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                Well, they managed to screw it up.

Comment

Has the scouting department been overhauled? The lack of finding many hits in the draft or the IFA are just as big of contributors to the team being in this situation as the consistently low payroll, misses in the free agency and mismanaged trades.
                  I can't answer that, and honestly I'm still unsure if Mike Hill is incompetent or not, it's hard for me to say, but I'm saying, the optics of it are extremely odd. Saying that the previous administration ran the franchise into the ground with poor financial and personnel decisions and then deciding to keep the man that in title is supposed to be responsible for these financial and personnel decisions in the same position.

Comment

• Considering his ability to play CF, Ozuna has to be considered a top-15 OF, maybe top-20 if you think 2017 was a fluke and not him figuring it out. Even still, the return has to be two top-100 guys and one top-50 guy, the Marlins didn't even get one top-100 guy. This is a disaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                      Considering his ability to play CF, Ozuna has to be considered a top-15 OF, maybe top-20 if you think 2017 was a fluke and not him figuring it out. Even still, the return has to be two top-100 guys and one top-50 guy, the Marlins didn't even get one top-100 guy. This is a disaster.
                      I know its hard to believe but teams aren't giving that for a guy who is a FA in 2 years and agents wants 7/250.

Comment

I know its hard to believe but teams aren't giving that for a guy who is a FA in 2 years and agents wants 7/250.
                        Two years of club control is a very long time. The Marlins got less than the top rent-a-reliever brings at the deadline for a guy coming off an all-star season, who is a legitimate middle of the lineup bat, who can play all three OF positions at least at an average+ level, and has two years of club control. GTFO with this shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                          Two years of club control is a very long time. The Marlins got less than the top rent-a-reliever brings at the deadline for a guy coming off an all-star season, who is a legitimate middle of the lineup bat, who can play all three OF positions at least at an average+ level, and has two years of club control. GTFO with this shit.
                          we literally know 1 of the 4 players we're getting. not sure what youre talking about.

Comment

I don't think that is hard to believe at all. Teams are trading for two prime years of Ozuna at pretty reasonable year to year arbitration prices. That is valuable, but giving up 20+ years of control of multiple minor leaguers with high upside? Expecting three top 100 guys is silly. However, there should be at least 1 in there as a safeish centerpiece and good secondary pieces. I guess we'll see. I'm not getting mad until we see the players. Everyone is speculating right now.

If they took less and unloaded Zieg or Prado or whatever, obviously we're all going to be on the same page here and maybe you get a bulk discount if you order more than 10 pitchforks at the same time.

Comment

Oh please like teams wouldn't be falling all over themselves to add a guy entering his prime with a .300 bat, 40+ HR power and gold glove.

- - - - - - - - - -

I mean, I guess reality has proved me wrong but I stand by this.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                                Oh please like teams wouldn't be falling all over themselves to add a guy entering his prime with a .300 bat, 40+ HR power and gold glove.

- - - - - - - - - -

I mean, I guess reality has proved me wrong but I stand by this.
                                They are but I am telling u what teams were saying. If he had 4 years of control or a Yelich type deal we would have gotten 3 TOp 100 prospects. Teams were worried about giving up a ton for him and losing him as a FA. Boras has told teams 7/250 million

Yelich is signed(cheaper than Ozuna and longer)

Comment

Working...
                                X