Mish: Marcell Ozuna Traded to St. Louis Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
    It's kind of funny how your expectations just keep going down. You yourself said earlier if Alcantara is the headliner it would be disappointing. Three additional low level prospects do not ease the burden when you are trading a player this good.

It is bad, when you consider who is going the other way. Lesser players have returned much better value. But the Marlins are going to Marlin.
    It is dissappointing that he is the headliner. Im just not gonna shit on a deal when we dont know 3/4 of the other prospects we are getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      So with Gordon, Stanton and Ozuna All gone, we’ve acquired one BA Top 100 prospect (#84)?
      And zero MLB.com top 100 prospects. Three all-stars. Not a single high level prospect. That's an absolute joke.

Comment

I’m just clarifying.......

Alcantara is currently the Cardinals #4 prospect?
        On BA from November yes. MLB doesn't update till Jan so he is #9 there

- - - - - - - - - -

And zero MLB.com top 100 prospects. Three all-stars. Not a single high level prospect. That's an absolute joke.
        U realize all of their rankings are from July unless they were traded

Comment

This is pathetic. So now we know Hill is terrible at his job, and that it wasn't just Loria. And/or Jeter & Co are just Loria 2.0.

Comment

I think the kid in the Gordon deal with Seattle is a Top 100 prospect but I could be wrong (#84)

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post

U realize all of their rankings are from July unless they were traded
              It's hard to imagine Alcantara has elevated himself a whole lot based off of his numbers from 2017. Even if he does sneak into the top 100, I stand by not getting a single high level prospect. That's embarrassing.

- - - - - - - - - -

I think the kid in the Gordon deal with Seattle is a Top 100 prospect but I could be wrong (#84)
              Not on MLB.com

Comment

Can someone explain to me how Marcel Ozuna is not a stone cold deadbolt lock to net a teams #1 or #2 prospect?

Comment

Can someone explain to me how Marcel Ozuna is not a stone cold deadbolt lock to net a teams #1 or #2 prospect?
                  Because the moment you make it known you need to trade players it gives the other group leverage. Cardinals didn't need to make this deal while this ownership group has made it clear they do.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                    This is pathetic. So now we know Hill is terrible at his job, and that it wasn't just Loria. And/or Jeter & Co are just Loria 2.0.
                    I do find it odd that Mike Hill is still here for these Franchise-Altering moves. At first I thought it was just transitional, but doesn't seem that way now, does it? How could you hold this fire sale, where the entire selling point is that this franchise has been run horrifically, we need a completely different perspective, we have to completely alter the way we do things, and then the guy who is "officially" in charge of executing this plan (even if he's not in charge) is the guy who was in charge of making these decisions under the last administration that you're throwing under the bus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                      FA in 2 years. #1 Prospect is Alex Reyes who is coming off TJ #2 Prospect is Carson Kelly who we dont need

Assume they went with Dakota Hudson and another AA SP instead of #3 Prospect Jack Flaherty. Mike Hill!!!! HAHA

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                        Because the moment you make it known you need to trade players it gives the other group leverage. Cardinals didn't need to make this deal while this ownership group has made it clear they do.
                        The thing is, the Marlins didn't NEED to trade Ozuna.

Comment

• This offseason has been a classic case for future GMs in negotiating power. Even if you have to get rid of players, you simply can't let that be known or slip out to the media. It has killed all trade power the Marlins had to start this offseason. Now they're without some star players AND they don't really have a league average farm system yet either.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                          The thing is, the Marlins didn't NEED to trade Ozuna.
                          Ain't that the truth. But once Stanton went it became clear to everybody they weren't leaving Orlando without Ozuna deal getting done too.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                            This offseason has been a classic case for future GMs in negotiating power. Even if you have to get rid of players, you simply can't let that be known or slip out to the media. It has killed all trade power the Marlins had to start this offseason. Now they're without some star players AND they don't really have a league average farm system yet either.

- - - - - - - - - -

Ain't that the truth. But once Stanton went it became clear to everybody they weren't leaving Orlando without Ozuna deal getting done too.
                            we had like 8 teams bidding on ozuna. i really dont think leverage was the issue here.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              I do find it odd that Mike Hill is still here for these Franchise-Altering moves. At first I thought it was just transitional, but doesn't seem that way now, does it? How could you hold this fire sale, where the entire selling point is that this franchise has been run horrifically, we need a completely different perspective, we have to completely alter the way we do things, and then the guy who is "officially" in charge of executing this plan (even if he's not in charge) is the guy who was in charge of making these decisions under the last administration that you're throwing under the bus.
                              Has the scouting department been overhauled? The lack of finding many hits in the draft or the IFA are just as big of contributors to the team being in this situation as the consistently low payroll, misses in the free agency and mismanaged trades.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                we had like 8 teams bidding on ozuna. i really dont think leverage was the issue here.
                                Nope they wanted pitching and looks like they got it

Comment

Working...
                                X