Mish: Marcell Ozuna Traded to St. Louis Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dim View Post
    Not to mention Alcantra hasn't posted an ERA under 3.60 since rookie ball. He's clearly a top of the rotation potential guy, but definitely looks like a possible project.

Good news though is he'd be a player who could contribute to the major league team from day 1. Plus we need starting pitchers for next season badly. It's currently Conley, Peters, Urena, and a bunch of who the hell knows (unless you count Chen).
    My brother saw him pitch in the AFL and says his stuff is electric. But yeah I agree, statistically, there are some concerns.

Hopefully we got another good pitcher in the deal.

Comment

Not to mention Alcantra hasn't posted an ERA under 3.60 since rookie ball. He's clearly a top of the rotation potential guy, but definitely looks like a possible project.

Good news though is he'd be a player who could contribute to the major league team from day 1. Plus we need starting pitchers for next season badly. It's currently Conley, Peters, Urena, and a bunch of who the hell knows (unless you count Chen).
      Doubtful u see him in Miami until June/July. He has to work on mechanics and if they keep him down it delays FA

Starting Rotation is Chen(1st Month),Urena,Peters,Jarlin Garcia,Conley (Right Now)

Comment

At the very least, we've added 2 guys in Guzman and Alcantara with absolutely insane stuff. Whether they can harness that stuff and become effective pitchers is a whole other issue though.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          At the very least, we've added 2 guys in Guzman and Alcantara with absolutely insane stuff. Whether they can harness that stuff and become effective pitchers is a whole other issue though.
          That means very little when you consider the players traded to get those two. Tyler Kolek also has great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
            That means very little when you consider the players traded to get those two. Tyler Kolek also has great stuff.
            DID have great stuff. Anything over 90mph doesnt go over the plate

Comment

I think we can call it a day on Tyler Kolek. Don't know why he keeps getting mentions on this board when talking about prospects. He's as close to damaged goods as it gets.

If he turns it around then great, but at this point he's a low end prospect in every system.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                DID have great stuff. Anything over 90mph doesnt go over the plate
                That's my point. Stuff doesn't mean they'll do anything. And you gave up two of the best corner OF in baseball to get them.

Comment

I think we can call it a day on Tyler Kolek. Don't know why he keeps getting mentions on this board when talking about prospects. He's as close to damaged goods as it gets.

If he turns it around then great, but at this point he's a low end prospect in every system.
                  ya, anything we get out of him is a positive. If you want to be frightened, go look at his numbers in his limited come back last year...

Comment

Maybe read my post again. That's the point I was trying to make. Stuff doesn't mean anything.

Comment

Jon Heyman‏Verified account
                      @JonHeyman
                      10s10 seconds ago
                      More
                      an a's trade for stephen piscotty from cardinals is "edging closer" via @susanslusser. @Ken_Rosenthal connected those 2 teams earlier.
                      would presumably mean he isnt part of this deal

Comment

Piscotty going to Oakland so probably giving Grichuk or Jose Martinez in Miami deal

Comment

Maybe read my post again. That's the point I was trying to make. Stuff doesn't mean anything.
                          Sorry about that. Think I'll get some sleep now.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                            Piscotty going to Oakland so probably giving Grichuk or Jose Martinez in Miami deal
                            not sure who id want between the 2. i think id prefer getting bader or o'neill if at all possible.

Comment

Scott Boras comments:

"You would hope ... that MLB would screen the ownership so that we have someone come in and provide additions," agent Scott Boras, who represents Ozuna, said Wednesday. "[Instead], they come in, and they redirect, so you're not a jewelry store that's coveting your diamonds. You become a pawn shop that's trying to pay the rent of the building."

Comment

Jose Martinez is such a strange player. He's all over the place as a prospect and suddenly absolutely slugs in the majors. Grichuk comes across as a league average outfielder so not really upgrading there.

Comment

Working...
                                X