Mish: Marcell Ozuna Traded to St. Louis Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    jesus that deal would have been ridiculous for Stanton. You had me a little concerned when you said STL offered more for Stanton but that's an unrealistic ask for even ozuna.
    Yep thats why they kept trying. They loved the deal they got. Heard most of these guys were in discussion for Ozuna just not ALL of them

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      They offered the same deal to Ozuna and his agent Scott Boras said No Thanks. He bet on Ozuna and won plus he hated Jeff Loria
      Well then, can't fault them as much then. Good for Ozuna for rolling the dice and winning.

I would like to see them offer Realmuto a 5 year buyout though. Make a big deal about it, say its a culture change, blah blah. Something positive. He's worth it as a 2+ WAR player for 5 years, let alone if he continues on as a 3+. Salvador Perez is a great comp.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
        Boras' MO is to have guys go to Free Agency, but don't act like a Scott Boras client has never re-signed prior to Free Agency. It's rare, but it's happened. Maybe they truly did try to get him to re-sign, and Boras and Ozuna just flat out said no, I could be way off base, but for some reason, I seriously doubt that happened.

- - - - - - - - - -

I agree that this is the smartest way to try and get more years out of our talented young players, but this can't be the ONLY chance we have of keeping our talented young players.
        I understand your viewpoint 100%, im just saying from the standpoint of a team that is clearly looking to rebuild and not contend for the next few years, do you really want to take that chance that he doesnt resign and you get nothing, or do you trade him coming off a career year and help restock the farm system.

Comment

They wanted Piscotty cause his deal was 6/33.5 million. Cheap controllable signed thru 2023. Just not sure if they got him. He really really wants to be in the Bay Area

Comment

Bob Nightengale‏Verified account
            @BNightengale
            50s51 seconds ago
            More
            The #Marlins will receive more valuable prospects in #Stlcards trade than Stanton and Gordon trades combined with package of pitchers and position player
            YES. But that could be more of an indictment on the package we got for those guys, but those packages combined looks really good.

Comment

Weaver is a monster. Hope it’s him but I doubt it.
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

id really like to understand the innerworkings of the journalism for the baseball reporters being able to confirm a done deal all the time but never knowing the prospects right away

- - - - - - - - - -

nearly an hour later, how can so many people report a done deal and not know at least one person coming back to the marlins.

- - - - - - - - - -

Craig Mish‏Verified account
                @CraigMish
                49s50 seconds ago
                More
                I'm still right here with you guys. Nobody knows yet.
                He's referring to the package for Ozuna.

Comment

Heyman says Alcantara is in the deal, but we already assumed that.

Comment

Heyman confirma Alcantara
                    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                      Heyman says Alcantara is in the deal, but we already assumed that.
                      god i hope that's not the top guy.

Comment

Waiting to hear what we get back........

Comment

Jon Heyman‏Verified account
                          @JonHeyman
                          21s21 seconds ago
                          More
                          sandy alcantara is the one marlins wanted all along. had been in stanton proposed deal, now comes to miami in ozuna deal.
                          Better not be the top guy they wanted all along. Clark spencer says a scout says he is a year away and projects as a number 2 starter.

Comment

Heyman making it seem like Alcantara was the big prospect in the deal. *fart noise*

Comment

Not to mention Alcantra hasn't posted an ERA under 3.60 since rookie ball. He's clearly a top of the rotation potential guy, but definitely looks like a possible project.

Good news though is he'd be a player who could contribute to the major league team from day 1. Plus we need starting pitchers for next season badly. It's currently Conley, Peters, Urena, and a bunch of who the hell knows (unless you count Chen).

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                                Not to mention Alcantra hasn't posted an ERA under 3.60 since rookie ball. He's clearly a top of the rotation potential guy, but definitely looks like a possible project.

Good news though is he'd be a player who could contribute to the major league team from day 1. Plus we need starting pitchers for next season badly. It's currently Conley, Peters, Urena, and a bunch of who the hell knows (unless you count Chen).
                                I think he needs at least another half year in the minors. I dont see him starting the year in the majors. But ya, the control issues are what have me concerned for him to be the best guy we get in this deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X