Marlins Trade Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Not gonna mention the prospects but its guys Gary Denbo likes/wants. Mike Hill has nothing to do with this deal-Denbo is picking who he wants

Starlin Castro isn't a bad get-FA after 2019. We can keep him to play 2B OR(more likely) trade him to a team that needs a 2B/SS for more prospects
    Why won’t you mention the prospects?

- - - - - - - - - -

Castro’s numbers have been a lot better in Yankee Stadium. He better be traded for more prospects too.

Comment

i Expected lower level guys.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

It's crazy how bad of an owner Loria was. You'd think someone as cheap as him would realize the benefit of spending a couple million on the draft and IFA on the front end rather than ignoring those parts of building an organization only to spend tens of millions on average free agents because of how little depth is in the system. He cant even be cheap well.

Comment

My wishlist includes Jorge Guzman and Freicer Perez.
          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
          - Michael Johnson

Comment

For the life of me i dont understand how this many reporters can say a deal is essentially done pending stanton approval without one person being able to tell us some of the prospects we're getting back.

Comment

Maybe Yankees gave them a list and they are still choosing names. Who knows
              - Michael Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                Why won’t you mention the prospects?

- - - - - - - - - -

Castro’s numbers have been a lot better in Yankee Stadium. He better be traded for more prospects too.
                Cause none have been confirmed. Heard Frecier Perez,Luis Medina,Trevor Stephan,Dermis Garcia as possible but nothing yet

I hear they don't mind keeping Castro however prefer to trade him
                Last edited by tjfla; 12-09-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

I was gonna guess Luis Medina.

Comment

It's young guys(No 40 man types) who will be ready 2020 and guys I assume Denbo thinks highly of(Few names I never heard of so Denbo must love them)

Comment

Freicer is 6’8” 190. Lol twig. But Sickels really liked him.
                      - Michael Johnson

Comment

Those guys are all B level prospects. Yankees system is really deep lol.

Comment

that's what happens when you actually invest in the draft and IFA. they have what the marlins should strive to have in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                            the casual fan is also a fucking moron, so who really cares? im so sick of jeter getting shit on for stuff completely out of his control.
                            The casual fan is who will pay the bills and fill the stadium, so you can't just say "f them". While something like Stanton choosing where he wants to go is out of Jeter's control, what isn't out of his control is how he handles moves - and so far that aspect of his ownership has been terrible.

Let's look at a few things they've done:
                            -dumped a host of front office guys (Conine, Perez, Dawson, McKeon, some guy in the hospital, etc).
                            -declined Ichiro's option on a reubuilding team
                            -traded the MVP to his old team

The first point, I don't think those guys did all that much, it was just the way their firing was handled was terrible
                            Ichiro I felt could've benefited a rebuilding team
                            While the Yankees may have the only realistic offer right now, it still doesn't look good.

I know that Loria screwed the franchise, so I won't pretend that moves don't need to be made. It sucks but I know it has to be done. It's the manner in which it's done that's the problem. In Jeter's press conference he talked about "unpopular moves" will be coming, and they obviously are. But he'd benefit from sharing that the team is going to go through a 2-3 year period where the team isn't very good while rebuilding. Hed benefit from talking to the franchise player beforehand.

He just needs to communicate better.

What sucks is we had a decent offiensive code, just the pitching sucks because of how we traded everyone away and signed garbage when we did spend, along with Jose's death.

Maybe someday we'll have a team worth watching.

Comment

Thats what happens when u are willing to spend cash in IFA Market and draft well. Just remember who built that really deep system!

Ya they aren't the best prospects the NYY but are very solid. They were trying to do the same with LAD-get B level prospects(Ruiz,White,Estevez) but LAD wouldnt even do that

- - - - - - - - - -

Don't expect to get a "Fidel" Castro jersey anytime soon. Reports are they are already talking to teams about him

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                                The casual fan is who will pay the bills and fill the stadium, so you can't just say "f them". While something like Stanton choosing where he wants to go is out of Jeter's control, what isn't out of his control is how he handles moves - and so far that aspect of his ownership has been terrible.

Let's look at a few things they've done:
                                -dumped a host of front office guys (Conine, Perez, Dawson, McKeon, some guy in the hospital, etc).
                                -declined Ichiro's option on a reubuilding team
                                -traded the MVP to his old team

The first point, I don't think those guys did all that much, it was just the way their firing was handled was terrible
                                Ichiro I felt could've benefited a rebuilding team
                                While the Yankees may have the only realistic offer right now, it still doesn't look good.

I know that Loria screwed the franchise, so I won't pretend that moves don't need to be made. It sucks but I know it has to be done. It's the manner in which it's done that's the problem. In Jeter's press conference he talked about "unpopular moves" will be coming, and they obviously are. But he'd benefit from sharing that the team is going to go through a 2-3 year period where the team isn't very good while rebuilding. Hed benefit from talking to the franchise player beforehand.

He just needs to communicate better.

What sucks is we had a decent offiensive code, just the pitching sucks because of how we traded everyone away and signed garbage when we did spend, along with Jose's death.

Maybe someday we'll have a team worth watching.
                                Im not saying F them, im saying you cant run your franchise based on what the casual fan thinks. The casual fan, especially in baseball, has no idea what they are talking about in regards to building a sustainable winning team.

He didnt dump those front office guys. They were assistants to Loria. And honestly, does anyone really care about those guys not being around the team anymore? You're really super upset that jeff fucking conine wont be around the team anymore? It's just another thing to complain about. New owners will bring in new guys. It's how just about any business works.

Ichiro stinks at this point. He deserves to go to a contender and be a 5th outfielder.

I do agree that he just needs to communicate better. I wish they would just come out and share a detailed plan and stick to it. Show the examples of teams doing what the marlins plan to do and how they succeeded in doing so. This is 100% the right thing to do though as far as on the field moves are concerned. Just needs to be framed better.

Comment

Working...
                                X