Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
    They probably keep him. I doubt they go all 2006 again
    Even with the Stanton deal, they still need to lower payroll to get to what they desire. I don’t see the point of keeping Castro anyway, payroll restrictions aside.

Comment

Oh I'm still pissed at Jeter and baseball. Don't agree to sell to an ownership group that has to strip the team down to its bones. ESPECIALLY when that sort of action has been come common for said team and has driven away the entire fan base. The casual fan is dumb and won't understand the moves but they are also your source of income so they still fucked up.

Comment

I don't blame Jeter for dealing Stanton or tearing down the team, as tough as it is, it's probably an unfortunate necessity, but Jeter has shown a severe lack of people skills and tact since he's taken over. How about you meet with Stanton at some point, explain the situation and get on the same page with your superstar so you don't fucking embarrass yourself when you try to trade him, and then end up killing most of the trade value he had.
        Last edited by Nick; 12-09-2017, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Mlb and the owners approved the sale. Very dumb obviously. Shoulda gone to Mas
          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Do people really not get that any businessman would do this exact same thing? No one is taking over a business hemorrhaging money and not being successful and keeping the same pieces around.

Comment

Plenty of people say Mas would’ve had to trade Stanton too. Loria fucked this organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                Plenty of people say Mas would’ve had to trade Stanton too. Loria fucked this organization.
                Anyone who bought the team would be making the same moves. The finances were unsustainable...which is why Loria sold in the first place.

Comment

Trading Stanton is fine. But no need to strip the rest of the team really. And Jeter has handled a lot of things bad. No need to mention firing a guy in te hospital with cancer. He’s been terrible. Didn’t talk to Stanton before all this mess. Etc. He’s shown to be over his head early on. Would have happened with Mas.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

I knew trading Stanton was a reality. I didn't think it was going to be done by an ownership group that is crapping their pants so much that they are basically going to miss out on top prospects because they are that desperate to get the contract off the books already.

- - - - - - - - - -

[tweet]939514327085838336[/tweet]

Comment

The fake outrage from fans down here is absurd. "Im never going to another marlins game again. im done." We have the lowest tv ratings and attendance in the sport essentially, no one was watching before.

This team needs a complete overhaul in every aspect of the organization, and im happy to finally see it being done. We have a mediocre-bad major league roster, the worst farm system in the league, are losing millions of dollars a year, and have a terrible relationship in the community. Those are all things that should improve with a concerted effort to rebuild this the right way. The goal should be to be terrible this year (similar to 2013), still bad but talent improving in 2 years, and then around .500 in year 3 followed by the big contracts like chen coming off the books and a new tv deal to help with free agent spending in smart spots.

OVer the course of the next 3 years we should spend as much time as possible flipping guys we can get prospects for and improve our depth in our farm system. by doing that, it not only improves our system, but when we do start to compete it gives us pieces we can flip in the future if we are in contention at the trade deadline or in the offseason. That is literally what the yankees just did to be able to get stanton and also other guys theyve gotten over the last year.

I think Jeter has been so unfairly treated down here, but at the same time i think a lot of it is self inflicted by not being open with the public. I think he needs to explain the situation and explain the plan, because it is a fairly obvious plan to have to make. The only complaint i have with him is being sheltered and letting the media control the narrative too much.

Make no mistake, this is 100% the right thing to do though.

Comment

Mas would have traded Stanton to. His "idea" was trade Stanton and sign Manny Machado as the face of the Marlins. MLB is just happy Loria is gone-it's gonna take till 2020 with Jeter but they would rather have that then Loria around still

Comment

Joel Sherman‏Verified account
                          @Joelsherman1
                          1m1 minute ago
                          More
                          Also heard main prospects are not close to majors, lower down in system, people Denbo will know and like. #Marlins #Yankees
                          Everything this front office has done so far has been exactly what this franchise needs. They seem to have the much needed 2020 plan in their minds too.

- - - - - - - - - -

I wonder if the lower level prospects for Stanton are part of a concerted effort to stink for a few years, or if they will get more major league ready guys for people like Ozuna and Bour and Straily and that these lower level prospects for Stanton are just because we can get them for cheap and Denbo knows that system very well.

Comment

Not gonna mention the prospects but its guys Gary Denbo likes/wants. Mike Hill has nothing to do with this deal-Denbo is picking who he wants

Starlin Castro isn't a bad get-FA after 2019. We can keep him to play 2B OR(more likely) trade him to a team that needs a 2B/SS for more prospects

Comment

[tweet]939517267976613888[/tweet]

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                Not gonna mention the prospects but its guys Gary Denbo likes/wants. Mike Hill has nothing to do with this deal-Denbo is picking who he wants

Starlin Castro isn't a bad get-FA after 2019. We can keep him to play 2B OR(more likely) trade him to a team that needs a 2B/SS for more prospects
                                just mention the prospects.

And they better flip Castro for more prospects. Makes no sense not to. especially coming off a great year.

Comment

Working...
                                X