No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guzman will be 22 in Greensboro however long as he is up in Jupiter by end of the year he will be back on track. 23 in 2019 in Jax

Jose Devers could be something

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by dim View Post
    So we're almost at the point where the Marlins value Stanton with his current contract close to what the Astros/Yankees value Brian McCann at.

This is getting better and better.
    Well maybe if Stanton didnt veto SF and St Louis we would have gotten better stuff.

Comment

• We can rationalize this to make us feel less bad about the trade. But the drop off from the Giants trade (which was below par itself) and this Yankees trade is significant.

Comment

• Still don't have a top 100 prospect after trading Dee and Stanton. Haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Guzman will be 22 in Greensboro however long as he is up in Jupiter by end of the year he will be back on track. 23 in 2019 in Jax

Jose Devers could be something

- - - - - - - - - -

Well maybe if Stanton didnt veto SF and St Louis we would have gotten better stuff.
          Stanton had a no trade clause. He had every right to veto any trade. The Marlins gave up all leverage when they made it known how desperate they were to deal him. If you show you value a player and MIGHT actually hold onto him then the teams he wants to go to might not give up a bag of peanuts and some skittles for the reigning NL MVP.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
            Still don't have a top 100 prospect after trading Dee and Stanton. Haha.
            Jeter also don't have to pay 300 million for them

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
              So we're almost at the point where the Marlins value Stanton with his current contract close to what the Astros/Yankees value Brian McCann at.

I'm upset that we traded Stanton because it shows how much we suck as a franchise, but the trade itself, when put in context, is not the worst. The Yankees took on a lot of money, and we're going to end up with about 4 prospects after we flip Starlin Castro.

Jorge Guzman is top 5 in our system I would imagine. He's been clocked as high as 103 mph.

Jeter and company had no leverage here, could've been a lot worse.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by dim View Post

I'm upset that we traded Stanton because it shows how much we suck as a franchise, but the trade itself, when put in context, is not the worst. The Yankees took on a lot of money, and we're going to end up with about 4 prospects after we flip Starlin Castro.

Jorge Guzman is top 5 in our system I would imagine. He's been clocked as high as 103 mph.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
              That's not surprising.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post

- - - - - - - - - -

Guzman is Top 5 and Devers is probably around Top 20. Could've been much worse

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                  That's the truly amazing part. This isn't a stockpile the farm with top prospects like they did in 2006/2013 (which but sucked obviously). This is trading for pennies on the dollar.

I don't know how you don't end up with multiple top 100 prospects after what they've done. Contracts be damned both these players value should've been near peak at this point in their careers.

Comment

• Guzman Scouting Report

http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinst...uzman-2-26453/

Comment

That's the truly amazing part. This isn't a stockpile the farm with top prospects like they did in 2006/2013 (which but sucked obviously). This is trading for pennies on the dollar.

I don't know how you don't end up with multiple top 100 prospects after what they've done. Contracts be damned both these players value should've been near peak at this point in their careers.
                      Stanton's trade value was not good. It's why I preferred keeping him and trading everybody else, but that might've been hard to do I guess.

Compare this deal to the ARod deal back in the day.

Comment

After what they've done? The only guys they've traded are Phelps, Ramos, Dee, and Stanton. Phelps and Ramos they seem to have gotten good value/depth for, Dee has no value in this day and age of baseball especially given his contract and we still got good value, and Stanton had a NTC and a 300 million contract and already rejected better offers from 2 other teams.

It's been obvious all along the most value would come from Ozuna, Straily, Bour, Bearclaw, and maybe Realmuto and Yelich trades. We'll get 2 top 100 guys from STL for Ozuna. We have drastically improved this farm system since the trade deadline though.

This has always been a soon to be league worst team kind of rebuild. Just prepare yourself for that and know that the ownership finally has a plan to turn this into a sustainable winner and that the last 2 world series winners did this exact same thing. Doesnt guarantee success but this is the right thing to do and theyve gotten about the right kind of value for the players theyve given up thus far.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Guzman is Top 5 and Devers is probably around Top 20. Could've been much worse
                          This feels as close to the worst as it can be (Stanton gone, team's farm system is still in the bottom 5 in the league, but hey we don't have to pay $300 million so YAAAAAY).

The team was gonna be bad with our without Stanton. But that farm system hasn't improved all that much. If you can't get better than this return then you really shouldn't be trading Stanton. This is a sad day for the franchise and that has been said before.

Comment

• Joel Sherman‏Verified account @Joelsherman1 ยท 1m1 minute ago

#Marlins did not handle this ideally, failure to get Stanton wish list upfront, still by moving him and Gordon they have excise about $300M in future pay, which to stabilize franchise is more important to them than prospects back. I'm sure their fans will feel differently

Comment

This feels as close to the worst as it can be (Stanton gone, team's farm system is still in the bottom 5 in the league, but hey we don't have to pay $300 million so YAAAAAY).

The team was gonna be bad with our without Stanton. But that farm system hasn't improved all that much. If you can't get better than this return then you really shouldn't be trading Stanton. This is a sad day for the franchise and that has been said before.
                              this farm system's depth has drastically improved.

Comment

This is weird considering you liked the idea of acquiring the Giants top 4 prospects. Our farm system would've sucked about the same with that deal too.

Comment

Working...
                                X