No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is an absolute joke. This package makes the early rumored crappy packages by the Giants seem like monster hauls. People can say Stanton forced the Marlins hand all they want but if they were a real organization they would have waited him out, or just kept him. Instead, the system is barely any better than it was before the trade. You’d hope Denbo knows these guys, but they are so low in the system, it would be hard for anyone to have any kind of great read on them. This is exactly how I expected this to play out over the past two days, except I thought it would be the Dodgers. They got a mediocre infielder on a big contract, the Yankees 9th best prospect, and a guy not even on their top 30 according to MLB.com. It could be argued that they got a better return for Gordon. Fuck this franchise.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
      This is an absolute joke. This package makes the early rumored crappy packages by the Giants seem like monster hauls. People can say Stanton forced the Marlins hand all they want but if they were a real organization they would have waited him out, or just kept him. Instead, the system is barely any better than it was before the trade. You’d hope Denbo knows these guys, but they are so low in the system, it would be hard for anyone to have any kind of great read on them. This is exactly how I expected this to play out over the past two days, except I thought it would be the Dodgers. They got a mediocre infielder on a big contract, the Yankees 9th best prospect, and a guy not even on their top 30 according to MLB.com. It could be argued that they got a better return for Gordon. Fuck this franchise.
      Ya 9th Best and Not Top 30 on NYY but Top 5 and Top 20 in ours. The mediocre IF will be traded. Thats what happens when the player vetoes trades that u like. U get stuck with some crappy deal not because u like it but because the player will say OK.

Actually alot better than LAD was offering us

Comment

• I just want people to admit that the Giants deal sucked too.

Seriously, how was the Giants deal any better than this one? The only intriguing piece that stood out was Heliot Ramos, and many sources said Ramos wasn't even involved in a deal anyway (we'll never know).

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
          I just want people to admit that the Giants deal sucked too.

Seriously, how was the Giants deal any better than this one? The only intriguing piece that stood out was Heliot Ramos, and many sources said Ramos wasn't even involved in a deal anyway (we'll never know).
          if it had all 4 of those guys i would have preferred that deal. 3 immediate starters and a 4th guy who would have become our top prospect. If it was just 3 of those guys though i like this deal better depending on who we get for Castro.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            if it had all 4 of those guys i would have preferred that deal. 3 immediate starters and a 4th guy who would have become our top prospect. If it was just 3 of those guys though i like this deal better depending on who we get for Castro.
            There was like one source who suggested all 4 guys were in the deal. It was probably not true.

Comment

There was like one source who suggested all 4 guys were in the deal. It was probably not true.
              it was mish and i agree that it was probably not true.

Comment

• Henry Schulman actually tweeted last night that NONE of those guys were in the Giants deal.

That was probably some Giants PR, but, yeah, we were probably only getting a couple of those 4 guys. And probably not Heliot Ramos.

This deal is about what Stanton's value is in a trade because of the contract. There's a reason why you rarely see contracts like these traded. Usually, when you give a player this kind of contract, there's a long-term plan to build around the guy, but, unfortunately, Loria was a dumbass.

Comment

• You are giving them too much credit they will keep Chen and give Yelich away for someone to take on Tazawa or Volquez.

Comment

Henry Schulman actually tweeted last night that NONE of those guys were in the Giants deal.

That was probably some Giants PR, but, yeah, we were probably only getting a couple of those 4 guys. And probably not Heliot Ramos.

This deal is about what Stanton's value is in a trade because of the contract. There's a reason why you rarely see contracts like these traded. Usually, when you give a player this kind of contract, there's a long-term plan to build around the guy, but, unfortunately, Loria was a dumbass.
                    ya that has the makings of post-Stanton refusal to waive his NTC rationalizing. No way Stanton didnt get at the very least 2 of those guys if not 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                      You are giving them too much credit they will keep Chen and give Yelich away for someone to take on Tazawa or Volquez.
                      All kidding aside, this trade probably means they'll try to build around Yelich.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                        You are giving them too much credit they will keep Chen and give Yelich away for someone to take on Tazawa or Volquez.
                        they will keep chen regardless. Tazawa i think will stay and they will let him and volquez expire. Ziegler will likely get added on to ozuna. The only contracts after next year would be Prado if they cant find anyone to take him and the chen who will just be here for the next 3 years regardless. The chen deal is the one that is crippling us the most.

- - - - - - - - - -

Andy Slater‏Verified account
                        @AndySlater
                        42s42 seconds ago
                        More
                        Marlins payroll would be down to about $70M if they deal Ozuna, Castro, Ziegler, and Straily. Very realistic.
                        I feel like this is inaccurate. anyone know what we're down to now after Dee and Stanton are gone with no money being eaten?

Comment

ya that has the makings of post-Stanton refusal to waive his NTC rationalizing. No way Stanton didnt get at the very least 2 of those guys if not 3.
                          Those guys were in the Giants deal and St Louis deal included Flaherty AND Alcantara. Why do u think Miami was trying so hard to push him there? They wanted to do a deal with one of those 2 teams. They talked to NYY,LAD,Houston and NONE of the offers were even close to that

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                            I mean, go ahead and spin this however you want but I really don't give a shit. What good does it do me to look for the silver lining at this point? The Marlins will drop further into irrelevance.

I'm just going to vent.

There is NO VENTING allowed. Being emotional (however temporary) about the 4th FIRE SALE in 20 years is not acceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Those guys were in the Giants deal and St Louis deal included Flaherty AND Alcantara. Why do u think Miami was trying so hard to push him there? They wanted to do a deal with one of those 2 teams. They talked to NYY,LAD,Houston and NONE of the offers were even close to that
                              if that was the deal for Stanton from the cards, the deal for Ozuna must be enormous then, right? If they were giving that up for stanton what else would they add in order to take ozuna?

Comment

they will keep chen regardless. Tazawa i think will stay and they will let him and volquez expire. Ziegler will likely get added on to ozuna. The only contracts after next year would be Prado if they cant find anyone to take him and the chen who will just be here for the next 3 years regardless. The chen deal is the one that is crippling us the most.

- - - - - - - - - -

I feel like this is inaccurate. anyone know what we're down to now after Dee and Stanton are gone with no money being eaten?
                                Volquez,Chen,Prado(3 guys who barely will play) cost 39 million for 2018 then Ziegler and Tazawa are 16 million

So 5 guys will cost 55 million

Castro 10 million
                                Yelich 7 million

Jeter wants the budget between 60-75 million(prefers low end)

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                if that was the deal for Stanton from the cards, the deal for Ozuna must be enormous then, right? If they were giving that up for stanton what else would they add in order to take ozuna?
                                Told u Ozuna,Ziegler and 5 million for probably 5 or 6 prospects led by Flaherty/Alcantara or Hudson

St Louis was ALL IN on Stanton
                                Last edited by tjfla; 12-09-2017, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X