Marlins Trade Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    2 prospects only is really bad. should just get as many as possible that denbo likes and take huge swings.
    I heard 2 mid level for NYY and 1 or 2 low level project types but those 2 guys know NYY so??

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Like said on Castro. Hearing a few teams might even like him back as a SS?

Mike Puma‏Verified account
      @NYPost_Mets

One other candidate for the Mets' second-base opening is Starlin Castro: The Mets plan to speak with the Marlins about him.
      ive heard the mets are looking to deal Matz this offseason so it would be cool if we could snag him for Castro even despite Matz's injuries.

Comment

And they better flip Castro for more prospects. Makes no sense not to. especially coming off a great year.

lolololololol

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          lolololololol
          great year by his standards i should have said lol. I dont particularly like Castro as a player and would love to get 2 solid prospects for him. Reminds me of Yunel Escobar here.

Comment

2 prospects only is really bad. should just get as many as possible that denbo likes and take huge swings.
            It’ll end up being 4 prospects after they trade Castro.

Comment

2+ Castro seems light, but what do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                It’ll end up being 4 prospects after they trade Castro.
                I understand that but i was hoping it would be 3-4 prospects + Castro, then trade Castro for 2 more. So 6 total. I guess 4 for Stanton is what we were hoping for anyways, but 6 would have been cool.

- - - - - - - - - -

Joel Sherman‏Verified account
                @Joelsherman1
                3s4 seconds ago
                More
                I believe if no problems with physical the trade will be Stanton and $30M to #Yankees for Castro and 2 lower-level minor lge pitchers. It will reflect #Yankees giving up lesser prospects but having to assume more of Stanton's pact than even #sfgiants #stlcards were willing.
                Pitchers better be high ceiling guys.

Comment

The Marlins had no leverage in this deal.

Comment

pretty clear these writers straight up dont give a shit about telling marlins fans what they acquired. details are out and yet all of these guys are making no effort to tell us which 2 prospects we got.

Comment

That's because the big news is Stanton to the Yankees....who cares about the Marlins.

Comment

Joel Sherman‏Verified account
                        @Joelsherman1
                        41s41 seconds ago
                        More
                        The #Yankees will only receive the $30M if Stanton does NOT opt out after the 2020 season. #Marlins
                        and there we go. Pretty much just got them to take all of stanton's money the next 3 years.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                        That's because the big news is Stanton to the Yankees....who cares about the Marlins.
                        i understand that, but what the marlins got for stanton is also fairly newsworthy and they clearly know what the return is and that it's decided and are making no effort to tell us what it is.

Comment

And if the goal is truly to rebuild the system, shouldn't they be willing to include more money to acquire better prospects? It just seems like a Loria move - dump the salary and give us a few things.

Comment

[tweet]939553041216344066[/tweet]

Comment

Jorge Guzman is big time. But yea underwhelming shoulda had atleast anoher piece.
                              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

pretty clear these writers straight up dont give a shit about telling marlins fans what they acquired. details are out and yet all of these guys are making no effort to tell us which 2 prospects we got.

Over the last 3 days you’ve repeatedly said no one cares about the Marlins in Miami.

Why should the rest of the world care?

Comment

Working...
                                X