Marlins Trade Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    Im not saying F them, im saying you cant run your franchise based on what the casual fan thinks. The casual fan, especially in baseball, has no idea what they are talking about in regards to building a sustainable winning team.

He didnt dump those front office guys. They were assistants to Loria. And honestly, does anyone really care about those guys not being around the team anymore? You're really super upset that jeff fucking conine wont be around the team anymore? It's just another thing to complain about. New owners will bring in new guys. It's how just about any business works.

Ichiro stinks at this point. He deserves to go to a contender and be a 5th outfielder.

I do agree that he just needs to communicate better. I wish they would just come out and share a detailed plan and stick to it. Show the examples of teams doing what the marlins plan to do and how they succeeded in doing so. This is 100% the right thing to do though as far as on the field moves are concerned. Just needs to be framed better.
    Its always like that. Gonna be like that when people see the "prospects" we get. Casual fans will say u didn't get a Top 5 prospect for NL MVP however none of them know that Gary Denbo is the guy who scouted/signed all of these guys and loves them knows everything about these kids.

- - - - - - - - - -

Tweet of the Day

Jon Morosi‏Verified account
    @jonmorosi

Source: Last-ditch effort by #Dodgers to get Stanton today is unlikely.

I hate the NYY but this is great. LAD thought they had Stanton for cheap yesterday and weren't in any rush but now missed on him

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Its always like that. Gonna be like that when people see the "prospects" we get. Casual fans will say u didn't get a Top 5 prospect for NL MVP however none of them know that Gary Denbo is the guy who scouted/signed all of these guys and loves them knows everything about these kids.

- - - - - - - - - -

Tweet of the Day

Jon Morosi‏Verified account
      @jonmorosi

Source: Last-ditch effort by #Dodgers to get Stanton today is unlikely.

I hate the NYY but this is great. LAD thought they had Stanton for cheap yesterday and weren't in any rush but now missed on him
      fuck the dodgers, i wouldnt even try to negotiate with them today.

Comment

[tweet]939524532448186369[/tweet]
        Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-09-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Freicer, Dermis, Medina
          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
            Freicer, Dermis, Medina
            is that who you want or who we're getting?

Comment

Lol my guess. Shoulda clarified.
              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                Lol my guess. Shoulda clarified.
                oh ok. i hope we can get 4 prospects that Denbo likes and also Castro, then flip castro for 2 more. We've done a really nice job improving the depth of the system if that's the case, and then we can start to ad a few top prospcts in a Ozuna, Bour, and Straily trades.

Comment

oh ok. i hope we can get 4 prospects that Denbo likes and also Castro, then flip castro for 2 more. We've done a really nice job improving the depth of the system if that's the case, and then we can start to ad a few top prospcts in a Ozuna, Bour, and Straily trades.
                  Hearing Castro and 3/4 prospects for Stanton. They are already talking to teams about Castro

Mike Hill is talking to St Louis still about Ozuna/Yelich and Ziegler

They still wanna deal Ozuna,Prado,Castro,Straily,Ziegler,Tazawa. Possibly Bour,Yelich,Bearclaw,Conley

- - - - - - - - - -

I think the biggest question about this trade is

Does Stanton move in with AJ Ramos OR do they get a nice 1 bedroom penthouse between the Bronx and Queens?
                  Last edited by tjfla; 12-09-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Watch Stanton reject the trade.

Comment

Im not saying F them, im saying you cant run your franchise based on what the casual fan thinks. The casual fan, especially in baseball, has no idea what they are talking about in regards to building a sustainable winning team.

He didnt dump those front office guys. They were assistants to Loria. And honestly, does anyone really care about those guys not being around the team anymore? You're really super upset that jeff fucking conine wont be around the team anymore? It's just another thing to complain about. New owners will bring in new guys. It's how just about any business works.

Ichiro stinks at this point. He deserves to go to a contender and be a 5th outfielder.

I do agree that he just needs to communicate better. I wish they would just come out and share a detailed plan and stick to it. Show the examples of teams doing what the marlins plan to do and how they succeeded in doing so. This is 100% the right thing to do though as far as on the field moves are concerned. Just needs to be framed better.
                      No I'm not upset about the front office guys. My point was how it was handled, and the image of how it was handled. Rather than issuing something saying "hey thanks for your years of service to the organization, we want to incorproate a fresh vision for the franchise, blah blah blah", they had Samson do it, only to come back to them with some low offer they'd never take, so it looks like they were crawling back to those people because of how it looked.

My biggest problem so far with the new regime is the optics of everything. We knew the moves are coming, as much as I hate it. They need to frame it as a "comprehensive review" and restructuring of every aspect of the organization designed to propel the franchise toward contention in X timeframe. The same way the cubs, Astros, etc have. Then people will understand. Instead we have seemingly haphazard handling of things that just look like new owners, same old Marlins dumping everyone that earns money.

Comment

[tweet]939537341101768705[/tweet]

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          No I'm not upset about the front office guys. My point was how it was handled, and the image of how it was handled. Rather than issuing something saying "hey thanks for your years of service to the organization, we want to incorproate a fresh vision for the franchise, blah blah blah", they had Samson do it, only to come back to them with some low offer they'd never take, so it looks like they were crawling back to those people because of how it looked.

My biggest problem so far with the new regime is the optics of everything. We knew the moves are coming, as much as I hate it. They need to frame it as a "comprehensive review" and restructuring of every aspect of the organization designed to propel the franchise toward contention in X timeframe. The same way the cubs, Astros, etc have. Then people will understand. Instead we have seemingly haphazard handling of things that just look like new owners, same old Marlins dumping everyone that earns money.
                          What is the point of this? The casual fan wants superstars and to have 100 million payroll even if rebuilding. The new FO has told everyone who would listen(Presented the MLB Owners this is Aug) that the plan is 2020. They want the payroll around 60-75 million until then,they want guys who will be ready by then(Nick Neidert) and are fine with losing till then.

- - - - - - - - - -

$273M is what I heard

295-21 million for Castro and 1 million for his buyout($22 million)=273 million

Comment

[tweet]939528702295146496[/tweet]

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post

fair enough. i do agree the optics are bad and they should be more proactive as far as how it looks. I dont agree that people would understand in that situation though. I just think its a better management technique to be transparent though even if people dont care about their explanation and will be irrationally angry regardless. But overall i do agree they could do more from an optics perspective.

Comment

[tweet]939539125946015746[/tweet]

Comment

Working...
                                X