Marlins Trade 2B Dee Gordon to Seattle Mariners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim Bowden �� ��@Jim_BowdenSXM24m24 minutes agoMore

#Marlins return for Gordon: Nick Niedert has great pitch ability. Advanced feel to pitch for a 21 year old. 3 pitch mix up to mid 90’s. Dugger a sleeper. Metrically graded above average in multiple areas. Torres, SHH SS with solid bat to ball skills with solid to above defense.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      Not singling Ralph out just using the theme of his post........

Classic Marlins fan battered wife syndrome (as Swifty has pointed out in the past).

Here we are, getting goose bumps excited about our team being torn down once again.
      I don't think anyone is getting goose bumps to be fair. This team is never going to contend with these offensive players without a $50+ million dollar pitching infusion which we all know doesn't happen in any scenario. They need to move the contending goalposts and certain guys (or all of them besides Yelich really) don't really fit into that timeline.

Gordon isn't exactly the safest guy to provide value over that contract either even if he has done well 3 of the last 4 years. He's still a slap hitter dependent on plus speed/defense and could fall apart in a year. I don't think he's someone you build around. He's a complimentary player to a contending core. I think getting an early draft pick pedigree potential #4 SP prospect and two lottery tickets is pretty fair value for him. He was never going to bring a future # 2/3 SP or something better. This one seems right. Keep getting pitching. Pitching, pitching, pitching and figure out the bats in a year or two.

Comment

Weird they'd move him to CF. I expect they were shocked they could get him for this and probably plan on moving him by ST to another team.

This is way too much of a "take a flier" return for a guy with as proven a track record as Dee has, I don't get it. I mean, I do, it's a pure salary dump, but I don't get why MLB would allow this more of the same bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
          Weird they'd move him to CF. I expect they were shocked they could get him for this and probably plan on moving him by ST to another team.

This is way too much of a "take a flier" return for a guy with as proven a track record as Dee has, I don't get it. I mean, I do, it's a pure salary dump, but I don't get why MLB would allow this more of the same bullshit.
          this time around hopefully at least we get the customary jeets gift basket after getting fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            Not singling Ralph out just using the theme of his post........

Classic Marlins fan battered wife syndrome (as Swifty has pointed out in the past).

Here we are, getting goose bumps excited about our team being torn down once again.
            I agree with your point, but as Marlins fans, this is the only thing we have to get excited about. So I don't blame fans for thinking about what could be with some of these prospects.

Comment

Neidert and Torres were 2 guys they liked alot and even tried to get in the Phelps deal.

Was basically salary dump. They had other offers for him however this was the only 1 that included us sending no cash.

Neidert is #3 SP who should be ready 2019/20(Timeline) he was the CAL Pitcher of the Year and Torres is all glove SS. Iffy bat but still young and we have no other MIF prospects. Dugger is our classic "project" arm but actually looks solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post

we got a really nice return given the contract and dee's playing level...

Comment

Working...
                X