Jeter Asked Samson to Fire Conine, Jack, Dawson, and Perez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeter Asked Samson to Fire Conine, Jack, Dawson, and Perez

Barry Jackson reporting it in the herald. Not sure why there is so much outrage over this. Their titles were all literally special assistants to guys who are no longer going to be part of the organization. Jeter telling Samson to do it is a little bushleague, but i dont really care. I would be totally ok with every single member of the entire organization who has been here since Loria got here no longer being allowed to work here.

It's a good move, the real douchebag here is, of course, predictably, David Samson and the Marlins regime leaking to this media and/or the employees fired "hey look it's not us it's the new ownership group" trying to already paint them in a bad light. Can't wait until they are all gone.

Comment

The sale hasn't been approved. Nothing is final. Yet this shit is coming out.

Comment

Yeah I don't understand why they don't just wait and do it once it's official. Seriously they expected David Samson to handle this on the down low? David Samson who made it very clear he wanted a job with the new organization and is not getting one? Makes the new regime look stupid.

Do other teams have these ceremonial positions? I'm sure Conine, Hawk and Perez did a lot of work in the community, but other than that not sure what their role with the club was.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          Yeah I don't understand why they don't just wait and do it once it's official. Seriously they expected David Samson to handle this on the down low? David Samson who made it very clear he wanted a job with the new organization and is not getting one? Makes the new regime look stupid.

Do other teams have these ceremonial positions? I'm sure Conine, Hawk and Perez did a lot of work in the community, but other than that not sure what their role with the club was.
          These things happen before the sale is official all the time i believe. I dont think they really care it became public even though they might not have wanted it to.

They were literally just guys who loria gave jobs to to be around him so that they would take attention from Loria being a piece of shit.

Comment

Based on the salaries execs were getting is it safe to assume they cleared $1 million in useless payroll?

Comment

This isn't a big deal that is going to be made out to be a big deal.

The problem is that Jeter/Sherman haven't said a word publicly yet. I'm not blaming them for not speaking yet, they likely can't speak about a lot of things until the sale is complete, but until they do, we are only hearing what people inside the current regime (Samson?) is putting out there.

Comment

I can't wait to hear the stuff that's been going on behind the scenes when Loria leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                  I can't wait to hear the stuff that's been going on behind the scenes when Loria leaves.
                  I cant wait to see if any players speak up about the past ownership group. Especially Stanton. But i wholeheartedly agree with your statement. And there will be quite a lot that does come out i would imagine.

Comment

To add to that point, i know for a fact that Lebatard knows about the inner workings of the marlins front office from Samson. Whether he is willing to go on the air and talk about it is another story, but there is clearly a good relationship with Samson there that gives him knowledge and credibility when talking about the inner workings of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                      This isn't a big deal that is going to be made out to be a big deal.

The problem is that Jeter/Sherman haven't said a word publicly yet. I'm not blaming them for not speaking yet, they likely can't speak about a lot of things until the sale is complete, but until they do, we are only hearing what people inside the current regime (Samson?) is putting out there.
                      Well they can't really talk about it publicly until the same is complete. Until the vote Jeff is still in charge

Its not surprising(Well Conine somewhat). Been trying to tell people since June all 3 groups were going to be firing guys from the janitors to Samson. Everyone knows Jeter likes the "good guy" image and he isn't firing anyone which is why alot of people thought Samson would last till his contract ran out. Let him and Mike Hill do the dirty work which both of them love to do.

They also have gotten rid of like 2 dozen minor league staff this month. From Pitching Coaches to Marketing. Jeter is bringing in his own people(NYY tree) to do it all

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        Well they can't really talk about it publicly until the same is complete. Until the vote Jeff is still in charge

Its not surprising(Well Conine somewhat). Been trying to tell people since June all 3 groups were going to be firing guys from the janitors to Samson. Everyone knows Jeter likes the "good guy" image and he isn't firing anyone which is why alot of people thought Samson would last till his contract ran out. Let him and Mike Hill do the dirty work which both of them love to do.

They also have gotten rid of like 2 dozen minor league staff this month. From Pitching Coaches to Marketing. Jeter is bringing in his own people(NYY tree) to do it all
                        damn, finally that source of Mike Hill's janitor that you have is coming in handy!

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                          Barry Jackson reporting it in the herald. Not sure why there is so much outrage over this. Their titles were all literally special assistants to guys who are no longer going to be part of the organization. Jeter telling Samson to do it is a little bushleague, but i dont really care. I would be totally ok with every single member of the entire organization who has been here since Loria got here no longer being allowed to work here.
                          It's a big deal to some one like myself that has been a fan since day one. Tonly Perez not so much, but the Hawk, and especially Conine, Mr Marlin, well it hurts. He is the one link to the Marlins one part of baseball glory, and losing him really stings. Perhaps Jeter isn't aware of Conine's historical significance.....but I doubt that, so that means he did it & he doesn't care. Heartless move....very cold, and not getting me to "love" him. And the way he did it.....really douchebag move. And I'm no Samson fan to say the least, but that just sounds like something Loria would do.....just to twist the knife in a little bit more. Then again we have no idea how Samson has been, in this whole process. I suspect he was really miffed when he was told he wouldn't be retained, and maybe he said shit to Jeter's face or behind his back, and this was Jeter's little payback.

Comment

Hopefully FS Florida is able to keep Niner on as the pre-game analyst. Not that he's great in that role or anything, but he is a nice link to our past, and always like to see him at the games.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              Hopefully FS Florida is able to keep Niner on as the pre-game analyst. Not that he's great in that role or anything, but he is a nice link to our past, and always like to see him at the games.
                              That is why I said it was somewhat surprising. Supposedly he will still be involved with the team but more on TV side and Community Relations. Was more about him "fired" in the FO but who knows what will happen?

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              damn, finally that source of Mike Hill's janitor that you have is coming in handy!
                              Don't u worry my "source" has already been told they are keeping him on!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X