No announcement yet.

2018 Minor League Signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In keeping up with the minor league transactions from Dec. 12-22: Released was P Henry McAree. McAree threw six shutout innings between GCL and Batavia, with one walk and eight K's in 2017. He was a 29th round draft pick this past year.

Comment

Originally posted by geemoney View Post
      In keeping up with the minor league transactions from Dec. 12-22: Released was P Henry McAree. McAree threw six shutout innings between GCL and Batavia, with one walk and eight K's in 2017. He was a 29th round draft pick this past year.
      just looked him up. he is 24. why the fuck we drafted a 24 year old is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        just looked him up. he is 24. why the fuck we drafted a 24 year old is beyond me.
        Because its the 29th Rd and u need guys to eat some innings. He probably cost $1,000

I dont mind when they take old ass guys after Rd 27. The real nut punch is when they take them in Rd 13 and then release them before the 2nd Season instead of just taking someone with talent and trying to sign them

Comment

Signed

SS Cito Culver

Not worth anything anymore BUT on the brightside atleast we are signing guys who aren't 28 still in A Ball

Comment

Signed

1B/OF Jonathan Rodriguez

28 but nice numbers in AA LY https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=rodrig002jon

Comment

First set of releases. Expect more before next Monday and a few signings

Released: RHP Evan Beal | RHP Chuck Weaver | LHP Kyle Farjad | 1B Taylor Ard | 1B Trenton Hill | 2B Angel Reyes | OF Justin Cohen | OF Chad Hinshaw | OF Walker Olis | OF Cal Towey | OF Dalton Wheat

Nothing good in this. Cohen and Reyes had talent but can't stay healthy
              Last edited by tjfla; 03-26-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

More Releases

Released: RHP Josh Alberius | RHP Kenny Koplove | 2B Rony Cabrera | 3B Tyler Curtis | 3B Matt Juengel | 3B David Leiderman | OF Terry Bennett

Comment

Signed: 2B Rodrigo Ayarza, who was released by the Astros organization on March 25. He's with Jupiter in A+ after playing in Low A and High A last year, compiling a .756 OPS over the two levels, with 20 doubles, 8 homers, and 46 RBI.

Comment

This is bad to say because all those releases are likely guys whose careers are ending but i love to see those long list of guys we've seen in the organization for years being released. Held on to so many guys as just lineup fillers who never actually produced. Glad to see us continuing to churn through players. I know a lot of it is due to us adding a bunch of prospects in the trades, but its still nice to see.

Comment

Invested in MiLB TV to watch the farmhands ... pitchers mainly. Duval looked good IMO. Really big guy with a budding mound presence, 12/6 curve that he doesn't hang. 5 IP, 4 of which were great. Three singles and a sac fly scored two runs in the other - though all were opposite field. Monte Harrison actually put a ball in play in his first ab vs. a soft serve lefty - a soft bouncer to third - which broke a string of seven straight whiffs. He then struck out his next three at bats.

Comment

I think this was mentioned elsewhere, but since this is the minors signing thread, Baseball America does have has signing P Dustin McGowan to a minor league deal this past week. He was released by the Rays on March 8th.

Comment

1B Colby Lusignan was released. A 28th round draft pick in 2016, Lusignan hit .200 in 30 AA at-bats this season, with three walks and 16 strikeouts.

Comment

I think Galloway back for additional. He's really going to be a decent little story when he definitely gets called up sooner or later. He really played quite well a year ago before wounds.

Comment

2B Johnny Giavotealla was released. He hit .214 in 28 AAA at-bats, with eight walks and six strikeouts.

Comment

Originally posted by geemoney View Post
                                2B Johnny Giavotealla was released. He hit .214 in 28 AAA at-bats, with eight walks and six strikeouts.
                                Tons of releases lately and more should be coming

Brandon Barker,Boo Vazquez,Will Allen,Tyler Frohwirth

Denbo is getting rid of old minor leaguers

Comment

Working...
                                X