• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    Jacob turner signing back here is legitimately funny
    Nope what is legit funny is IF he makes the team he could make $2.5 million

- - - - - - - - - -

Milwaukee has now signed Gallardo and Chacin as SP

Chacin 2/16
    Last edited by tjfla; 12-21-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Hunter Cervenka was sent to NOLA

Comment

• TLDR - Marlins will win barely over 70 with the current roster and it'll get worse when Bour, Straily, Castro, and others moved. It will get scary if Yelich and Realmuto moved on top of that, like 100+ loss horrible. The positive is, Zips likes Anderson so that would be nice if he turns into a 2+ WAR starter longterm.

So basically, nothing new.

Comment

• I go back and forth daily on a Yelich and Realmuto trade. One on hand, we can get a package of like 5 good prospects for each of them, but on the other hand, keeping both of them gives us 2 cornerstones to build around offensively with years of cheap team control. I think id get rid of straily and Castro before the year and then keep Bour, Realmuto, and Yelich into the year and then we can dump them at the deadline with more time to evaluate the organization as a whole. But again, i change my mind on this daily. It's a tough decision given the minor league system we currently have.

- - - - - - - - - -

As of right now, our team is obviously much worse offensively compared to when we had Ozuna and Stanton, but trotting out a lineup of:

C- Realmuto
          1b- Bour
          2b- Castro/Prado
          SS- Rojas/Riddle platoon
          3b- Anderson
          LF- Dietrich
          CF- Yelich
          RF- Cooper/ free agent addition

With Sierra being ready come july/august.
          That's not great by any stretch of the imagination but i dont think that's anywhere near as bad as we were in I think 2013 the year after we moved into the new ballpark. And if anything it is super fucking cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
            TLDR - Marlins will win barely over 70 with the current roster and it'll get worse when Bour, Straily, Castro, and others moved. It will get scary if Yelich and Realmuto moved on top of that, like 100+ loss horrible. The positive is, Zips likes Anderson so that would be nice if he turns into a 2+ WAR starter longterm.

So basically, nothing new.
            Incredible that a 3rd baseman who can post a solid OBP and has power potential could become a long term starter.

But honestly Anderson has always been the one of the few gems found in the draft the last five years.

Comment

• Here are two articles that have Denbo's thoughts on the guys we acquired in the Gordon/Stanton/Ozuna trades:

https://www.mlb.com/marlins/news/den...ts/c-263900504

"You can probably say that every one of the pitchers we acquired, they need to work on their fastball command to ensure they are able to locate fastballs where Major League hitters aren't able to impact them," Marlins vice president of player development and scouting Gary Denbo said Thursday in a conference call.

"You can say the same thing about Sandy. That's our No. 1 objective with all of our pitchers: To ensure they have good command of their fastball."

Alcantara was a centerpiece in the trade with the Cardinals for Marcell Ozuna. Miami landed four players in the deal, with three being pitchers. Alcantara and right-hander Zac Gallen are the two pitchers closest to being big league-ready. Gallen is ranked as Miami's No. 15 prospect.

As promising as Alcantara is, he may not be the closest to sticking in the big leagues immediately. Gallen, 22, is making strides to reach the Majors in the near future.

"We think Zac is going to help us in the rotation," Denbo said. "We like his delivery. He's got all the tools of a future starting pitcher in the Major Leagues. His velocity is plus. Four-pitch mix. He's got three above-average pitches. He's shown pitchability, which means he's been able to locate his fastball effectively."

A lefty with a chance to be in the rotation out of Spring Training is Caleb Smith, acquired from the Yankees in a Minor League trade. "He's a starter who had great success in Triple-A with the Yankees last year," Denbo said. "We think he's going to be able to compete for the starting rotation here."
              http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...191133334.html

▪ Asked if second baseman Starlin Castro, the one proven major-leaguer acquired in the Giancarlo Stanton trade, would be on the team next season (as opposed to being traded), Denbo said: “At this point, he’s on our roster. I expect him to be part of the team.”

“He does provide power for that position. He’s got some of the best hands for a hitter that you will see in the major leagues. We needed to fill a hole at that position. ... Starlin will do that very well.”

▪ On Single A pitcher Jorge Guzman, also acquired in the Stanton trade: “The sky is the limit for Jorge Guzman. Jorge has a power arm. Our director of player personnel Dan Greenlee [who also came to the Marlins from the Yankees this offseason] will tell you there is no other starter in baseball that has an average fastball as high as Jorge Guzman, not only this year but I think as far back as they’ve been measuring it. I think he averaged 99 mph with his fastball.

“So it’s obvious he has a great arm. He has an ability to strike out hitters, which I value. He has the ability to throw strikes and he’s a good athlete. The athleticism should allow him to make adjustments as needed.”

▪ On minor-league shortstop Jose Devers, whom Denbo watched the past 2½ years: “He has above-average speed, above-average hands. Just outstanding potential. He is underdeveloped. He’s 18 years old, but he has a body that looks like is going to be a major-league player. He has a great swing that we think ... eventually will provide us an everyday major-league shortstop.”

▪ Denbo said the organization believes left-hander Caleb Smith, acquired from the Yankees a few weeks before the Stanton trade, is “going to be able to compete for a starting spot in the rotation here in 2018. Caleb had great success in Triple A last year” — 9-1, 2.39 ERA and 97 strikeouts in 98 innings at Triple A Scranton Wilkes-Barre, before pitching 18 2/3 innings, with a 7.71 ERA, for the Yankees.

Smith and first baseman Garrett Cooper were acquired from the Yankees in exchange for minor-leaguer Michael King and $250,000 in international bonus pool money.

▪ Cooper hit .326 with six RBI in 45 Yankees plate appearances this past season (his first big-league experience) after batting .359 with 18 homers and 84 RBI in 83 games in the upper minors in 2017.

“Garrett Cooper is a guy that Dan Greenlee and I have had an eye on for quite some time,” Denbo said. “In the corner infield positions, we’re always looking for guys that have the ability to hit for power and also to hit for high average. … He has the ability to hit for a high average. … We hope the power that he showed … last season continues to emerge and he’s an option for us at first base for the 2018 season.”

Though Denbo didn’t say this, the right-handed hitting Cooper could back up — or platoon with — left-handed hitting Justin Bour.

Comment

• Not marlins related, but ex-marlins catcher rob brantly somehow is still playing baseball and signed with the braves.

Comment

• From Morosi:

Sources: #Marlins engaged in “active trade discussions” with multiple teams regarding both Christian Yelich and J.T. Realmuto. Asking price on both players remains high; a trade is not imminent. @MLBNetwork @MLB
                  On one hand I could get on board with it if they’re getting great returns, but I just have zero faith in this front office and wonder if they’re not going to ship out a ton of talent without actually restocking their system. And that’s a depressing thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                    From Morosi:

On one hand I could get on board with it if they’re getting great returns, but I just have zero faith in this front office and wonder if they’re not going to ship out a ton of talent without actually restocking their system. And that’s a depressing thought.
                    At least there's Bour

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

From Morosi:

100% agree.

Comment

• Yelich talk will pickup next Tuesday but ya looks like he is gone soon

5 teams in fave order are Atlanta,Philly,SD,LAD,Toronto with Arizona,SF,Cubs and White Sox looking

Atlanta is still the favorite and even tho Morosi said just talking its actually more. Miami wants something like this

Atlanta-Yelich and Prado
                        Miami-Markakis,2 of Luiz Gohara/Allard/Wentz/Soroka/Anderson,Pache,1 C(Alex Jackson,Cumberland,Herbert) and another mid level arm

Philly also is at top with Miami liking

Nick Williams,Jorge Alfaro,Moniak,Sixto Sanchez and about 4 or 5 other prospects

They are OK trading with Atlanta and Philly however have already told both of them they would have to take on a contract(Atlanta-Prado/Philly-Tazawa) and will have to overpay as well. The reason why they are OK with trading within the NL East is by the time they are good Yelich will be a FA and they think he will go out West

Should add we asked Toronto for Vlad Jr AND Bo or Osuna. So that is the starting price if Toronto wants in and if they agree they likely move up to the Top 1 or 2
                        - - - - - - - - - -

JT is still not being moved(he will be if they get Alfaro or another C) but Heyman broke the news about the mystery/dark horse team in on him and its Houston.

Teams on him are Washington,Arizona,Texas and Houston

Washington could get him quick if they offer Robles(NO CHANCE) they are offering Soto as centerpiece

- - - - - - - - - -

Straily still is wanted by Baltimore but we want Chance Sisco or Austin Hays(HAHAHA) while they are offering Cedric Mullins and an arm(which we don't want)
                        Last edited by tjfla; 12-29-2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Yelich talk will pickup next Tuesday but ya looks like he is gone soon

5 teams in fave order are Atlanta,Philly,SD,LAD,Toronto with Arizona,SF,Cubs and White Sox looking

Atlanta is still the favorite and even tho Morosi said just talking its actually more. Miami wants something like this

Atlanta-Yelich and Prado
                          Miami-Markakis,2 of Luiz Gohara/Allard/Wentz/Soroka/Anderson,Pache,1 C(Alex Jackson,Cumberland,Herbert) and another mid level arm

Philly also is at top with Miami liking

Nick Williams,Jorge Alfaro,Moniak,Sixto Sanchez and about 4 or 5 other prospects

They are OK trading with Atlanta and Philly however have already told both of them they would have to take on a contract(Atlanta-Prado/Philly-Tazawa) and will have to overpay as well. The reason why they are OK with trading within the NL East is by the time they are good Yelich will be a FA and they think he will go out West

Should add we asked Toronto for Vlad Jr AND Bo or Osuna. So that is the starting price if Toronto wants in and if they agree they likely move up to the Top 1 or 2
                          - - - - - - - - - -

JT is still not being moved(he will be if they get Alfaro or another C) but Heyman broke the news about the mystery/dark horse team in on him and its Houston.

Teams on him are Washington,Arizona,Texas and Houston

Washington could get him quick if they offer Robles(NO CHANCE) they are offering Soto as centerpiece

- - - - - - - - - -

Straily still is wanted by Baltimore but we want Chance Sisco or Austin Hays(HAHAHA) while they are offering Cedric Mullins and an arm(which we don't want)
                          This is why I don't really have a lot of faith in this front office. They need bats. If they're trading with the Braves, they need to get Acuna back. Any team they trade with, they should get their top prospect back. The Braves have a lot of top level arms, but if the return is something like Gohara and Wentz, that's not anything to get really excited about. Also, why would the Marlins want Markakis?

As far as Toronto is concerned, if Vlad is on the table, and they're also insisting on Bichette to get a deal done in any capacity, that's incredibly foolish. There are deals to be made around Guererro and some of their other prospects. You'd love to see them get both Vlad and Bichette, but a deal like Vlad, Alford, and others, or even Vlad a bunch of their other prospects would be a fine return.

Comment

This is why I don't really have a lot of faith in this front office. They need bats. If they're trading with the Braves, they need to get Acuna back. Any team they trade with, they should get their top prospect back. The Braves have a lot of top level arms, but if the return is something like Gohara and Wentz, that's not anything to get really excited about. Also, why would the Marlins want Markakis?

As far as Toronto is concerned, if Vlad is on the table, and they're also insisting on Bichette to get a deal done in any capacity, that's incredibly foolish. There are deals to be made around Guererro and some of their other prospects. You'd love to see them get both Vlad and Bichette, but a deal like Vlad, Alford, and others, or even Vlad a bunch of their other prospects would be a fine return.
                            So u would be cool with Vlad,Alford,TJ Zeuch? Ill pass on that but OK. They want Vlad Jr AND either BO or Osuna to just start talking but Toronto hasnt bitten which is why they are #5. Toronto's big problem is they have 5 great to solid prospects and nothing else. ALL other teams 5 great to very good prospects and alot else

As for Atlanta,no chance u get Acuna. It would be 2 Top Arms,Cristian Pache(2nd Best Position player who would be 19 in Jupiter) plus more. They don't "want" Markakis but gets rid of Prado's contract and give them an OF who they can move at deadline if he hits. Saves Miami 15 million

Philly is the Wildcard.

They do NOT care about pitchers/hitters. They want talent and add more depth

I know Acuna only for u but Pache has talent

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2017/ALL
                            Last edited by tjfla; 12-29-2017, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• By way Miami asked for Acuna but were told untouchable which is why Pache has been mentioned.If they said yes to Acuna deal would be done quickly. Names will change but that is what they want. Pache,2 TOP Arms,1 Catcher and another mid level arm plus take on Prado

Same with JT to Washington. If Wash said Yes to Robles deal is done faster but were told untouchable. A JT to Washington deal would look like Michael Taylor,Juan Soto,Pedro Severino and alot more(Fedde,Kieboom?). I think he goes to Houston or Texas if they do deal him

Comment

I agree on Toronto with Vlad, but the Braves system is unreal and Acuna is realistically not available for a multitude of reasons, so getting a bunch of their pitching back would be ok with me.

Id obviously want Bichette and Vlad, but they will almost assuredly not give us both of those guys.

If im the marlins, i try hard for Yelich to the braves and then see if we could swing a deal with Houston for Realmuto. They have a really good system as well and not many holes on their ML roster so a deal makes sense.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                By way Miami asked for Acuna but were told untouchable which is why Pache has been mentioned.If they said yes to Acuna deal would be done quickly. Names will change but that is what they want. Pache,2 TOP Arms,1 Catcher and another mid level arm plus take on Prado

Same with JT to Washington. If Wash said Yes to Robles deal is done faster but were told untouchable. A JT to Washington deal would look like Michael Taylor,Juan Soto,Pedro Severino and alot more(Fedde,Kieboom?). I think he goes to Houston or Texas if they do deal him
                                If Toronto, Atlanta, and Washington are all in on Yelich, i'd leverage their deals against each other and say first one to offer their top prospect + gets him. Robles, Acuna, or Vlad would all be huge additions.

Comment

Working...
                                X