Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    HAHA I dont need my ass kissed. I just tell u guys what I hear but since I got an apology and not someone else calling names Ill give the Ozuna news
    i wasnt saying not to say anything, im just saying the whole rubbing it in after someone else reports the same news is a little unnecessary. Im a believer that you have some sort of source now too.

Comment

• They should try a 3 team with Piscotty to Oakland if that’s the case.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Piscotty has a NTC?

Comment

Well we have a deal with St Louis on Ozuna the roadblock is Piscotty

We want Flaherty,Alcantara and Piscotty for Ozuna. However Piscotty wants to go to the Bay Area because his mom is really sick. So our options are #1 do that deal and then ship Piscotty to SF or Oakland for other stuff #2 take a Jose Martinez and 1 or 2 prospects and have St Louis take Ziegler or Tazawa

Mystery team is said to be Boston and Toronto/Arizona are trying to get involved. Marlins are leaking news in order to try to get another prospect or 2 but they really really wanna do the deal with St Louis(they like the pictching)

So it could change and probably will but they want Flaherty,Alcantara and Piscotty

- - - - - - - - - -

Very human. Work,got a bad back and a pain in the ass gf
          piscotty, flaherty, and alcantara and then ship piscotty to Oakland for Luzardo + another guy would be an incredible deal. Also, i hope we do right by piscotty and give him what he wants because the thing with his mom is very sad if you dont know the story.

Comment

Well we have a deal with St Louis on Ozuna the roadblock is Piscotty

We want Flaherty,Alcantara and Piscotty for Ozuna. However Piscotty wants to go to the Bay Area because his mom is really sick. So our options are #1 do that deal and then ship Piscotty to SF or Oakland for other stuff #2 take a Jose Martinez and 1 or 2 prospects and have St Louis take Ziegler or Tazawa

Mystery team is said to be Boston and Toronto/Arizona are trying to get involved. Marlins are leaking news in order to try to get another prospect or 2 but they really really wanna do the deal with St Louis(they like the pictching)

So it could change and probably will but they want Flaherty,Alcantara and Piscotty

- - - - - - - - - -

Very human. Work,got a bad back and a pain in the ass gf
            Either of those deals work for me...just get it done today and move on.

Comment

• I would really like to keep Piscotty, but hey family is family if that is truly an issue. Yelich, Piscotty, Realmuto on a buyout, and Anderson is half your lineup for 5 years probably and that's a pretty decent place to start in the field. Flaherty and Alcantara would be nice to add the pitching stable.

I don't know who those Orioles pitchers are, but Scott and any of those other 3 seem about right for Straily. That would be fine. Get the pitchers, don't need the outfielder.

Comment

• Id like Flaherty, Alcantara, Piscotty, and another one of their OF guys like o'neill or Bader and then ship Piscotty to oakland for another pitcher or 2. Dont want to get ahead of ourselves, but for the very beginning of a rebuild, our pitching will look really fucking good if thats the deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  Piscotty has a NTC?
                  Not really but apparently it was a distraction with his performance last year. And stlouis is usually good to it’s players.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                    Not really but apparently it was a distraction with his performance last year. And stlouis is usually good to it’s players.
                    I think the distraction with his performance was that his mom was diagnosed with ALS in the middle of the year. I dont know anything about a NTC but i know the mom thing was a serious issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                      Piscotty has a NTC?
                      No he has a Yelich type contract but his mom is really sick and he prefers to go to the Bay Area. St Louis and Miami both think thats the reason his performance has been bad and St Louis has said they would try to accomdate him

Comment

• His mom has ALS btw.
                        - Michael Johnson

Comment

• Piscotty will have value regardless, i dont see why that would be the hold up when we could just flip him at some point this offseason. Maybe theyre worried about losing leverage in a flip because we will tell him we will help him get to the bay area?

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                            Id like Flaherty, Alcantara, Piscotty, and another one of their OF guys like o'neill or Bader and then ship Piscotty to oakland for another pitcher or 2. Dont want to get ahead of ourselves, but for the very beginning of a rebuild, our pitching will look really fucking good if thats the deal.
                            Well not sure u are getting a minor league OF like that if u get Piscotty but Arenzona,Oscar Mercado maybe. Thats what we are trying to do.

Actually heard maybe a 3 way(since we have been talking with SF/Oakland for weeks) but they are also considering Jose Martinez/another prospect and sending Ziegler to St Louis. Take lesser OF but get rid of a contract

Comment

Well not sure u are getting a minor league OF like that if u get Piscotty but Arenzona,Oscar Mercado maybe. Thats what we are trying to do.
                              In that case i dont see why we wouldnt just shoot for Bader or O'neill instead of Piscotty unless we really like the oakland pitchers and want to get them somehow.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                Piscotty will have value regardless, i dont see why that would be the hold up when we could just flip him at some point this offseason. Maybe theyre worried about losing leverage in a flip because we will tell him we will help him get to the bay area?
                                Yeah I feel like any team would love to have Piscotty including the Bay Area teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X