No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple people are saying Ozuna to St Louis should be done tonight or tommorrow.

Sticking points are figure out if Ziegler OR Tazawa will be included AND what ML OF Miami wants back. They like Jose Martinez however have talked with Oakland and SF about possibly getting Piscotty from St Louis and trading him there for more prospects

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Erick View Post
    I must say, Alcantara's control issues are alarming.
    Ya but he is also 22 yrs old.Keep him in AAA for 3 months(delay FA and just work on stuff) U can work on mechanics easily still but 100mph+ is hard to work on
    Last edited by tjfla; 12-12-2017, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Multiple people are saying Ozuna to St Louis should be down tonight or tommorrow.

Sticking points are figure out if Ziegler OR Tazawa will be included AND what ML OF Miami wants back. They like Jose Martinez however have talked with Oakland and SF about possibly getting Piscotty from St Louis and trading him there for more prospects

- - - - - - - - - -

Ya but he is also 22 yrs old.Keep him in AAA for 3 months(delay FA and just work on stuff) U can work on mechanics easily still but 100mph+ is hard to work on
      Hopefully it’s not just Alcantra...Ozuna should net him and Flaherty....and a young OF like Bader.

Comment

Multiple people are saying Ozuna to St Louis should be down tonight or tommorrow.

- - - - - - - - - -

Would Alcantara be the main guy in a deal or a secondary piece?

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
          Hopefully it’s not just Alcantra...Ozuna should net him and Flaherty....and a young OF like Bader.
          Hearing at least 2 arms(Alcantara is 1 but no mention of Flaherty in this one),1 ML OF and other stuff. Pretty much same as Stanton. Like said are sticking points

I would get Piscotty in deal and then deal him. SF and Oakland want him. Miami knows what SF has from talking to them and they have been talking to Oakland about Ozuna so they know what they got

SF-Piscotty
          Miami-Chris Shaw OR Aramis Garcia,Andrew Suarez,low level prospect

Oak-Piscotty
          Miami-Grant Holmes,Max Schrock,low level prospect
          Last edited by tjfla; 12-12-2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Piscotty is signed 5 years cheap (with a 6th year option). I don't know why you or the Marlins are in a rush to get him and trade him. He works with a contending plan 20-22.

You got Rogers, Garret, Guzman, Neidert, Gonzalez, Peters, Kolek, etc., you're going to get at least 3-4 more notable SP pitcher prospects for Ozuna, Straily, Castro, and Bour, and you always have your first/second/supp round picks in 18/19 to spend on a few college pitchers who will move fast.

I mean, yes you can never have enough pitching, but at the same time you're talking about 12+ SP candidates all club controlled for 6-8 years from today, a lot of them project to be 2 or 3s if they hit their expectations, and payroll is going to be stupid low in 20-22 where you can buy one if needed and still have a bottom 5 payroll.

They do need some starting calibre bats they can control for 5+ years. I'm just saying, we'll see what they get, but if it's Piscotty, Flaherty, Alcantara, and whatever else for Ozuna, Ziegler/RP, etc., you keep Piscotty in this scenario. He's good and it would be buying him low! What a concept!!!

Yelich, Realmuto, Piscotty, and maybe Anderson is starting to turn into a pretty nice longterm position core.

Complete sidenote - send them back Barraclough and max out on getting young SP from them in the deal. Who gives a shit about Barraclough on a 100 loss team.

Comment

Hearing at least 2 arms(Alcantara is 1 but no mention of Flaherty in this one),1 ML OF and other stuff. Pretty much same as Stanton. Like said are sticking points

I would get Piscotty in deal and then deal him. SF and Oakland want him. Miami knows what SF has from talking to them and they have been talking to Oakland about Ozuna so they know what they got

SF-Piscotty
              Miami-Chris Shaw OR Aramis Garcia,Andrew Suarez,low level prospect

Oak-Piscotty
              Miami-Grant Holmes,Max Schrock,low level prospect
              Alcantara isn't even a top 100 prospect. If he's the main piece, that's incredibly disappointing. Honestly, Alcantara and Flaherty isn't anything that blows you away. It's not nearly as good as some of the other packages you mentioned. If that really is what Oakland is offering, that seems like the most intriguing to me. I'd also be interested to see what Toronto and Colorado are offering.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                Alcantara isn't even a top 100 prospect. If he's the main piece, that's incredibly disappointing. Honestly, Alcantara and Flaherty isn't anything that blows you away. It's not nearly as good as some of the other packages you mentioned. If that really is what Oakland is offering, that seems like the most intriguing to me. I'd also be interested to see what Toronto and Colorado are offering.
                I agree with you on this. The STL package doesn’t seem like the most intriguing one.

Comment

• Shouldn't Ozuna get a much bigger return than Stanton without the contract?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    I must say, Alcantara's control issues are alarming.
                    this is my huge concern with him. I see him as a higher ceiling than another guy like hudson, but a much lower floor. Scares me like an andrew miller/Eovaldi type who has the stuff but not the control. As a 2nd SP in a deal behind Flaherty im perfectly fine with that, although id prefer Hudson, but as the first guy in a trade for Ozuna? I would not be pleased with that return.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                    Alcantara and Flaherty is good. Alcantara as the main piece is incredibly dissappointing.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
                    Piscotty is signed 5 years cheap (with a 6th year option). I don't know why you or the Marlins are in a rush to get him and trade him. He works with a contending plan 20-22.

You got Rogers, Garret, Guzman, Neidert, Gonzalez, Peters, Kolek, etc., you're going to get at least 3-4 more notable SP pitcher prospects for Ozuna, Straily, Castro, and Bour, and you always have your first/second/supp round picks in 18/19 to spend on a few college pitchers who will move fast.

I mean, yes you can never have enough pitching, but at the same time you're talking about 12+ SP candidates all club controlled for 6-8 years from today, a lot of them project to be 2 or 3s if they hit their expectations, and payroll is going to be stupid low in 20-22 where you can buy one if needed and still have a bottom 5 payroll.

They do need some starting calibre bats they can control for 5+ years. I'm just saying, we'll see what they get, but if it's Piscotty, Flaherty, Alcantara, and whatever else for Ozuna, Ziegler/RP, etc., you keep Piscotty in this scenario. He's good and it would be buying him low! What a concept!!!

Yelich, Realmuto, Piscotty, and maybe Anderson is starting to turn into a pretty nice longterm position core.

Complete sidenote - send them back Barraclough and max out on getting young SP from them in the deal. Who gives a shit about Barraclough on a 100 loss team.
                    Agree on barraclough. Been saying that for a while. Any relievers who have value deal them.
                    As far as piscotty, i go back and forth. I think it ultimately comes down to what we could get for him. He is signed long term though for less than 10 million so id be cool with keeping him if thats what we end up doing.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    I agree with you on this. The STL package doesn’t seem like the most intriguing one.
                    It does with Alcantara as the 2nd SP and another OF in the package after Flaherty. With Alcantara as the lead pitcher...... huge dissappointment.

Comment

• Looking at the Cardinals prospect list on mlb.com..... can we hire whoever the hell is in charge of drafting for them? It's as if they dont miss on players drafted in the first 5 rounds. It is absolutely incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post

Alcantara and Flaherty is good. Alcantara as the main piece is incredibly dissappointing.
                        Alcantara and Flaherty is ok. I wouldn't say it's good. Flaherty is in the back half of the top 100 prospects. Unless you're getting multiple top 100 guys, I'd like the main piece to be a little better of a prospect. Ideally Miami should come away from the Ozuna deal with a top 25 guy and more.

Comment

Alcantara and Flaherty is ok. I wouldn't say it's good. Flaherty is in the back half of the top 100 prospects. Unless you're getting multiple top 100 guys, I'd like the main piece to be a little better of a prospect. Ideally Miami should come away from the Ozuna deal with a top 25 guy and more.
                          nah, flaherty is in the top half of the top 100 and alcantara has seen his status rise to around the end of the top 100 list. Those 2 on top of one of their of's and another lesser SP will be really solid value for Ozuna.

- - - - - - - - - -

fuck i just want to see what we get for these guys already. Id be cool with fast forwarding a week and seeing what we do.

Comment

• Wow, rumors of the yankees calling on Machado. Judge, Stanton, Machado, and Sanchez in one lineup. Crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              nah, flaherty is in the top half of the top 100 and alcantara has seen his status rise to around the end of the top 100 list. Those 2 on top of one of their of's and another lesser SP will be really solid value for Ozuna.

- - - - - - - - - -

fuck i just want to see what we get for these guys already. Id be cool with fast forwarding a week and seeing what we do.
                              You're right. Flaherty is, but not by much. He's 48th. That's not enough for me unless you're getting a Tyler O'Neill in the deal as well. And Alcantara is 9th in their organization behind 3 other players not in the top 100 (just in their organization alone).

Comment

You're right. Flaherty is, but not by much. He's 48th. That's not enough for me unless you're getting a Tyler O'Neill in the deal as well. And Alcantara is 9th in their organization behind 3 other players not in the top 100 (just in their organization alone).
                                those rankings havent been updated since i believe midseason at the earliest. He'd be around 100 if they were updated. People were bullish on him in the AFL.

Comment

Working...
                                X