No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They prefer to try to get rid of Tazawa before Ziegler cause they have found that Ziegler has some value and even possible to trade without including cash. Gonna be hard with Tazawa but are willing to include 5 million and are trying to package him with Ozuna or Yelich

Not a given that they package him. Like said they are willing to send money(5 mill or so) to a team if Tazawa feels comfortable
    Last edited by tjfla; 12-12-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      Absolutely. 2020 at the earliest if absolutely everything cuts right, but more realistically 2021 after all the young pitchers have had 1-2 more years in the minors and 1-2 years in the bigs.

And in 2021, you have a 29 year old Yelich under contract for $14 million. He had 4.5 WAR seasons at ages 22, 24, and 25.
      Right. If you're competitive in 2021, you have Yelich in his prime for 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Ya but they have been talking Hosmer,Yelich,Cozart.

Now that there young guys are ready looks like they are spending cash on vets and really rebuild. U know 60 million on controllable guys for 2-3 years then can add 40 million on vets(2020 Fish)
        You and I have different definitions of rebuilding then. I (and I think most others) consider rebuilding to be trading veterans/guys with contracts for prospects. "Building" is a more appropriate term for a team acquiring a guy like Headley and going after guys like Hosmer, Yelich, Cozart. That's why I was confused by your comment.

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Man I have never seen so many defeated guys. Everyone went from fighting with me 3 months ago when I said the plan to now just saying I guess if it has to happened

On brightside we might not need to package Prado with anything. Atlanta is VERY interested in we are paying 20 million of his deal
        How can we not be/feel defeated? We have yet another firesale on our hands. It's depressing to see the team ripped apart yet again after finally building a competitive lineup core and decent bullpen, with the starting pitching being the missing piece(s).

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Jon Heyman‏Verified account @JonHeyman · 25m25 minutes ago

Source: marlins are working to trade ozuna and tazawa to get to $85-90M payroll first. Can’t rule out continuing firesale after that but the first thing is to get payroll in order.

- - - - - - - - - -

They want young guys ready by 2020 and then 2021 be ready to add onto that with FA to fill in roster
        I'm tired of hearing "getting the payroll in order"

Comment

• Im on the fence about trading Yelich. Love him and think he'll be really good still when we get better, but id be cool with them trading him. See what we get for Ozuna and then make the decision. Id be cool with the decision either way.

Comment

• Joe Frisaro‏Verified account
            @JoeFrisaro

Not clear yet if #Marlins are actually open to moving Christian Yelich, but at least 10 clubs are inquiring. #Braves #Dbacks #STLCards among them.

Other teams are LAD,SD,Philly,Toronto

fish16 gotta love the Braves!!!

Comment

Joe Frisaro‏Verified account
              @JoeFrisaro

Not clear yet if #Marlins are actually open to moving Christian Yelich, but at least 10 clubs are inquiring. #Braves #Dbacks #STLCards among them.

Other teams are LAD,SD,Philly,Toronto

fish16 gotta love the Braves!!!
              braves getting yelich would be absurd and would make our pitching quite possibly some of the best in baseball in terms of pitching prospects. Id prefer them for an ozuna trade but either way.

Comment

• Mark Feinsand‏Verified account
                @Feinsand

Source confirms Marlins are fielding offers from a number of teams for Marcell Ozuna, though none have gained much traction to this point.

St Louis-Alcantara/Pitching
                Washington-Juan Soto
                Texas-No Clue
                Oakland-Barreto or Mateo plus Luzardo,Holmes
                Colorado-No clue but love their system
                Toronto-Bo Bichette

Have NOT heard Atlanta on Ozuna. They like Yelich more cause of contract

Comment

• Bob Nightengale‏Verified account
                  @BNightengale
                  2m2 minutes ago
                  More
                  The #STLCards have emerged as the favorites to acquire #Marlins OF Marcell Ozuna but no decision yet
                  Flaherty, Hudson or alcantara, and Bader please

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    Flaherty, Hudson or alcantara, and Bader please
                    I wouldn't get to happy about anything Nightengale says. He has been wrong on everything for the past month

They are the favorite(and have been) but look at post about ALOT of interest and all have good centerpieces

Heard Miami loves St Louis,Washington and Oakland offers

Comment

I wouldn't get to happy about anything Nightengale says. He has been wrong on everything for the past month

They are the favorite(and have been) but look at post about ALOT of interest and all have good centerpieces

Heard Miami loves St Louis,Washington and Oakland offers
                      I want St Louis. I like Oakland's offer too. Not a fan of Washington's system. I want multiple top pitching prospects for Ozuna and then we can just trade Yelich for the biggest possible package no matter the position.

Comment

I want St Louis. I like Oakland's offer too. Not a fan of Washington's system. I want multiple top pitching prospects for Ozuna and then we can just trade Yelich for the biggest possible package no matter the position.
                        Well they love Juan Soto. No clue who else is in offer but gotta think Soto,Erick Fedde the 2 key pieces

Oakland's offer is solid really. SS Barreto(I prefer) or Mateo(Denbo guy),Jesus Luzardo,Grant Holmes and more

OR get what u can(Top prospect bat,ML ready OF and more) for Ozuna and Yelich/Prado to Atlanta for all pitching
                        Last edited by tjfla; 12-12-2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Well they love Juan Soto. No clue who else is in offer but gotta think Soto,Erick Fedde the 2 key pieces

Oakland's offer is solid really. SS Barreto(I prefer) or Mateo(Denbo guy),Jesus Luzardo,Grant Holmes and more
                          I like Mateo more than barreto. Id also love Puk and just load up on their pitching. Puk, Lazardo, and Mateo would be an enormous deal.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also if we do Washington id like to see Robles instead of Soto.

Comment

I like Mateo more than barreto. Id also love Puk and just load up on their pitching. Puk, Lazardo, and Mateo would be an enormous deal.
                            Ya havent heard who they wanted just heard the Oakland deal was solid. They would probably go for Mateo but not sure u get Puk more like Luzardo and Holmes.

No chance u get Robles. He is ready next year to replace Harper. If Washington ever says the name Robles,the trade would be done a second later

- - - - - - - - - -

Also if u trade Ozuna to St Louis u can try to get Piscotty in deal. Won't get u Mateo or Barreto but maybe Holmes,Lazarito,and ?

Comment

• No new info but St Louis midday update

From the start it has been clear -- and reported here -- that the Cardinals saw negotiations with with the Miami Marlins about Giancarlo Stanton as, should Stanton go elsewhere, a good start on talks about the other two Marlins' outfielders that could be moved. And they have been.

The Cardinals are interested in either Marcell Ozuna or Christian Yelich, as the Post-Dispatch has consistently stated. They prefer the control and lefthanded bat that Yelich and his contract offer, and Ozuna is the better power fit for the kind of feared hitter the Cardinals seek. Both are just entering their late 20s, the primes of their career, and would bat in the middle of the Cardinals' order.

The Marlins, according to multiple sources, covet the prospects the Cardinals offered for Stanton,
                              and the understanding of the Cardinals' system has already fast-forwarded conversations.

Sandy Alcantara interests the Marlins, sources have confirmed.
                              Brad Ziegler, a $9-million reliever for the Marlins, could also be involved in the conversations. Sources have said that Ziegler would welcome a trade to the Cardinals and the Marlins would relish the salary relief.

Comment

• I must say, Alcantara's control issues are alarming.

Comment

Working...
                                X