Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
    who is selling it like that? san francisco, LA, NYC, st. louis - one of these things doesn't belong.
    Craig Mish among others.

Craig Mish‏Verified account
    @CraigMish
    12h12 hours ago
    More
    As I noted on every radio show and every podcast and the video I did last night. Giancarlo Stanton's desire to win has been greatly understated and this is not about geography.
    His list is supposedly LA, NYY, HOU, and CHC. It's no coincidence that those are the final 4 teams in this past postseason. I believe Stanton did that to suggest it's about winning, and not that he wants to go to LA. The Cardinals are very much a winning team, though, and even though the Giants were really bad last year, they've won more championships than anyone recently, and it's not hard to see them getting back there.

I also love how you have these media guys like Ken Rosenthal saying Miami should just trade him to the Dodgers already. These guys love to crap on the Marlins. Who cares what trading him for a horrible return would do to the franchise, or that the Dodgers may not want to pick up very much of his contract. Miami is a 'have-not', and should just bend over for the 'haves' of the league.

Comment

• St Louis has moved on and are actually now talking to us about Ozuna OR Yelich. SF is keeping their offer on the table

LAD wants money and for us to take Kazmir or McCarthy
      NYY wants us to take Ellsbury(64 million)

Buster Olney actually mentions something where we gets Ellsbury and just waive him

Positive thing about his "list" is we can trade him to any of them without this circus and it looks like this might be a full rebuild like they threatened Stanton with
      Last edited by tjfla; 12-08-2017, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        St Louis has moved on and are actually now talking to us about Ozuna OR Yelich. SF is keeping their offer on the table
        we could get an enormous haul from STL for ozuna. hopefully we do soon.

Comment

• Ohtani signed with the Angels. Wonder if this makes the Dodgers want to counter with a big move of their own?

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
            Ohtani signed with the Angels. Wonder if this makes the Dodgers want to counter with a big move of their own?
            They want to get Stanton the problem is they want him cheap. Miami is fine sending 45 million and taking Brandon McCarthy(they will flip him) but want better prospects. They arent sending cash/taking cash and getting LAD #26 prospect

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            we could get an enormous haul from STL for ozuna. hopefully we do soon.
            St Louis is actually looking at Yelich even closer but yes either 1 of them will bring in a haul. Best part is they already know what we want in any deal

- - - - - - - - - -

Imagine if we had an owner with money who was willing to spend it

Artie Moreno WOW

Comment

They want to get Stanton the problem is they want him cheap. Miami is fine sending 45 million and taking Brandon McCarthy(they will flip him) but want better prospects. They arent sending cash/taking cash and getting LAD #26 prospect
              Right, but now with the Angels pairing Trout with Ohtani, it could make the Dodgers more likely to improve their offer to get a deal done.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                Right, but now with the Angels pairing Trout with Ohtani, it could make the Dodgers more likely to improve their offer to get a deal done.
                Agreed like said yesterday Miami is fine with Stanton and 45 million for Brandon McCarthy,Pederson or Toles and 2 or 3 prospects from Keibert Ruiz,Mitchell White,Dennis Santana,Omar Estevez and a few other names

If LAD gets close to that then Miami will send him to LA. Jeter has had enough of Stanton's crap.They would likely flip McCarthy for more prospects

What we really need is NYY to come out and say they are interested

Comment

Agreed like said yesterday Miami is fine with Stanton and 45 million for Brandon McCarthy,Pederson or Toles and 2 or 3 prospects from Keibert Ruiz,Mitchell White,Dennis Santana,Omar Estevez and a few other names

If LAD gets close to that then Miami will send him to LA. Jeter has had enough of Stanton's crap.They would likely flip McCarthy for more prospects

What we really need is NYY to come out and say they are interested
                  That’s such a reasonable ask on Stanton that I can’t believe the Dodgers don’t jump on it. Of course, they know they are in control here so I could see why they’d try to wait as long as possible. The risk is another team on the list making an offer.

Comment

St Louis has moved on and are actually now talking to us about Ozuna OR Yelich. SF is keeping their offer on the table

LAD wants money and for us to take Kazmir or McCarthy
                    NYY wants us to take Ellsbury(64 million)

Buster Olney actually mentions something where we gets Ellsbury and just waive him

Positive thing about his "list" is we can trade him to any of them without this circus and it looks like this might be a full rebuild like they threatened Stanton with
                    Problem with Ellsbury is he also has a NTC, and I'm not sure why he'd waive it to come to Miami. I also read Olney's suggestion, but didn't get why Miami would waive him. Maybe that would be the only way to get him to waive the NTC?

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                      Problem with Ellsbury is he also has a NTC, and I'm not sure why he'd waive it to come to Miami. I also read Olney's suggestion, but didn't get why Miami would waive him. Maybe that would be the only way to get him to waive the NTC?
                      This.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post

His contract is 64 million. Instead of sending 45 million and taking back 20 million(65 million) like LAD want u can trade with NYY and get Ellsbury and just waive him/paying him 64 million. Ellsbury waives his NTC because he gets ALL of his cash and can choose where to go. LAA? Cubs? Houston?

If NYY is willing to do Stanton for Ellsbury,Tyler Wade, and 2 or 3 prospects(Denbo knows the system) I would take that

Comment

• Ellsbury would be 69 million he has a 5 million buyout in 2021. And yea not happening. One thing is 45 million over 10 years another thing is 69 million over 4. In this case Dodgers would be best for as McCarthy has I believe a 10 million in his last year and they can actually get innings from him.
                          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

His contract is 64 million. Instead of sending 45 million and taking back 20 million(65 million) like LAD want u can trade with NYY and get Ellsbury and just waive him/paying him 64 million. Ellsbury waives his NTC because he gets ALL of his cash and can choose where to go. LAA? Cubs? Houston?

If NYY is willing to do Stanton for Ellsbury,Tyler Wade, and 2 or 3 prospects(Denbo knows the system) I would take that
                            That's a pretty big key to trading with the Yankees. Hopefully that would help us. I still think it ends up being the Dodgers in the end, now because I don't think Miami plays hardball and just gives in to Stanton. Hopefully LA ups their offer now that they missed out on Ohtani, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                              Ellsbury would be 69 million he has a 5 million buyout in 2021. And yea not happening. One thing is 45 million over 10 years another thing is 69 million over 4. In this case Dodgers would be best for as McCarthy has I believe a 10 million in his last year and they can actually get innings from him.
                              Agreed however gotta look at the prospects. If u can get Top Prospects from NYY u have to consider it. The thing that is killing LAD is they aren't willing to even talk about mid level guys right now. Miami doesn't even talk Buehler,Verdugo or Alvarez-they want Ruiz,Mitchell White and 1/2 others and they can't get LAD to that level

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                              That's a pretty big key to trading with the Yankees. Hopefully that would help us. I still think it ends up being the Dodgers in the end, now because I don't think Miami plays hardball and just gives in to Stanton. Hopefully LA ups their offer now that they missed out on Ohtani, though.
                              Ya any deal with NYY(Stanton or others) that includes prospects people have to remember that Gary Denbo was likely the guy that got them. He knows the system very well. But ya Miami isn't gonna play hardball with LAD-if they get anything close to what they can live with he is gone. Stanton and his people pissed Jeter off with the "trade list" "preferred list" BS. They thought he would take a trade to SF however when they presented it to him,his response was he has a different list now

- - - - - - - - - -

Also doubtful anything with Stanton gets done soon.(It could if LAD/NYY makes great offer or Stanton says OK to SF but doubtful)

Miami has turned attention to other players namely Ozuna or Yelich and Ziegler to St Louis and getting ready for Winter Meetings

Comment

• If that is true, it better be Ozuna to the Cardinals. Yelich they need to keep with that contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X