Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Marlins have NOTHING to do with what is going on right now. They have agreed to about 4/5 deals with the 2 teams. They are just waiting for Stanton to tell them where he will go. In fact they would love to get the deal done now,that way they can start talking other guys instead of waiting till the Winter Meetings
    I meant in general that we would be in this situation. Only the Marlins would hand out the largest contract in sports history then have that player become the MVP and subsequently trade him. Only the Marlins think it's a good idea to constantly throw the fans under the bus.....who cares - they don't show up anyway, right? It's just so frustrating to be a fan when they blow it all up every time they get people you like watching. I get that the pitching sucks (Jose had a big part to do with that), but still...
    Last edited by rmc523; 12-04-2017, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
      I meant in general that we would be in this situation. Only the Marlins would hand out the largest contract in sports history then have that player become the MVP and subsequently trade him. Only the Marlins think it's a good idea to constantly throw the fans under the bus.....who cares - they don't show up anyway, right? It's just so frustrating to be a fan when they blow it all up every time they get people you like watching. I get that the pitching sucks (Jose had a big part to do with that), but still...
      Rangers/A-Rod 2003 they ate some of that contract as well. But yeah it really blows that we’re losing G.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
        Rangers/A-Rod 2003 they ate some of that contract as well. But yeah it really blows that we’re losing G.
        we'll never know, but id really like to see how this all would have turned out had jose still been here. It's crazy how much that crippled the franchise in a few ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          we'll never know, but id really like to see how this all would have turned out had jose still been here. It's crazy how much that crippled the franchise in a few ways.
          He probably would have gotten moved for a similar return to what Sale commanded. Maybe even to Boston for that exact package.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
            He probably would have gotten moved for a similar return to what Sale commanded. Maybe even to Boston for that exact package.
            i was talking about that last year under the impression that we were looking to deal him in the offseason. would have changed the direction of the franchise so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
              Maybe after this past year, but I think Loria would've kept him and gone for it in 2017 and then left the team like he did for future owners.

Of course.....he may not have been as inclined to sell the team either, as Jose's death was a factor in him selling (or so he says).

Comment

• From Craig Mish’s Twitter:

Source : Christian Arroyo is in the proposed SF Giants deal with the Marlins. Was told Panik & D Gordon are not. Other names from SF are unclear. Heard a couple of variations.

Comment

• Arroyo at SS or 2b. If that’s the Plan ok. But not enough power to be at 3b.

Apparently he’s a big Derek Jeter fan so they can have a bromance. So Heliot Ramos, Christian Arroyo, Tyler Beede and one more (Chris Shaw?) like that more than Stlouis.
                  Last edited by Ralph; 12-04-2017, 06:01 PM.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• If we get all 4 of those guys that would be a really nice haul. dont think we would get all of those guys though. that's their top 4 prospects.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                      you ever been to san fran? not sure why that would be a bad thing. one of if not my favorite city in the us.

I’ve been to San Fran 6+ times. Outstanding city. But if that’s not where Stanton wants to go what’s your point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                        I’ve been to San Fran 6+ times. Outstanding city. But if that’s not where Stanton wants to go what’s your point?
                        i thought you were trying to say in the post i quoted that it wasnt a top notch city.

Comment

• Arroyo and Shaw plus a third piece like Beede I guess is about as good as I'd hoped for if we were trading Stanton, which is obviously not my preference. I love Heliot Ramos but he's much further from ready and I'd rather get pieces closer to the majors. Not wild about Beede as a frontline guy, but think he can hang in the back end of a rotation.
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                            Arroyo at SS or 2b. If that’s the Plan ok. But not enough power to be at 3b.

Apparently he’s a big Derek Jeter fan so they can have a bromance. So Heliot Ramos, Christian Arroyo, Tyler Beede and one more (Chris Shaw?) like that more than Stlouis.
                            Ya Arroyo at 2B or SS with JT Riddle at other and Rojas as UT guy. Arroyo "included" means Joe Panik won't be. Not sure that is the deal. Hearing C Aramis Garcia is likely in

With Mish saying Arroyo is in it means only 1 varation is out and 2 others still out there. One varation has us sending more cash than the other one which means different names

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Ya Arroyo at 2B or SS with JT Riddle at other and Rojas as UT guy. Arroyo "included" means Joe Panik won't be. Not sure that is the deal. Hearing C Aramis Garcia is likely in

With Mish saying Arroyo is in it means only 1 varation is out and 2 others still out there
                              Mish said he had head a couple different variations in the tweet about Arroyo. The way he worded it seems to suggest to me that Arroyo is in both of the versions he's heard.

Comment

• Just rip the band-aid off already.

Comment

Working...
                                X