Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Again 75 million is the HIGH # with Volquez's contract and the money they will included for Dee,Zeigler,Tawaza,Stanton. The Real # will be around 60.
    im aware.

Comment

• I wish the rockies were interested. Stanton for a full year at Coors would be insane to watch.

Comment

They are picked just not the cash amount. I guess u can say really 2 or 3 deals which is why Schulman said the names aren't totally correct. Looks like different combos in each deal. Example if they go with Panik then Shaw is with him however if they don't go with Panik they want Arroyo.(Total clusterfuck which is why names are being mentioned but no clue yet)

I have heard Heliot Ramos,Tyler Beede,Chris Shaw,Christian Arroyo,Aarmis Garcia,Joe Panik,sh*t my buddy even said he heard Denard Span might be in 1 of them(Assume its one with them taking most of his contract)

- - - - - - - - - -

Yep and they better move quick. St Louis is reportedly looking at Colome/Longoria

Everyone is just waiting on the guy with "somewhat" power to decide
        You've heard all of those names mentioned, or a possibility of all of those names together? If you can get Ramos, Beede, Shaw, and Arroyo, I'd be more optimistic than these previously mentioned deals, even if you're eating a good chunk of money. I still don't think it's a great return, but at least there is a nice bounty of decent prospects.

Comment

• Morosi now reporting that St. Louis is meeting with Stanton today in LA. Excellent news.

Comment

• Buster Olney‏Verified account
            @Buster_ESPN
            49m49 minutes ago

Sources affirm that by rule, the Marlins have to have a general understanding on trade terms before asking for team meetings with Stanton's reps, and MLB approved meetings with SF/STL. But to repeat: Stanton controls the direction of these talks completely w/ his no-trade clause.
            Looks like we're getting close. Dear God, please let Stanton ok the Cardinals deal, and let the Marlins not be stupid enough to screw it up.

Comment

• Stanton's choice between STL and SF really changes so much for our offseason outlook.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                You've heard all of those names mentioned, or a possibility of all of those names together? If you can get Ramos, Beede, Shaw, and Arroyo, I'd be more optimistic than these previously mentioned deals, even if you're eating a good chunk of money. I still don't think it's a great return, but at least there is a nice bounty of decent prospects.
                The SF prospects are depending on the money we send over. Just so u all know I didn't picked the names out of a hat

Clark Spencer confirmed the names I reported last night

clarkspencer‏Verified account @clarkspencer · 17h17 hours ago
                Marlins have narrowed their focus on some combination of these Giants prospects in any trade for Stanton: RHP Tyler Beede, 1B Chris Shaw, OF Heliot Ramos and C Aramis Garcia. 2B Joe Panik could ended up being included in a deal.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                Stanton's choice between STL and SF really changes so much for our offseason outlook.
                Marlins really don't have much say until he chooses. He wants to go to LAD however they have no interest in adding salary and we have no interest in taking back salary. IF he says OK to both SF and St Louis then he is off to St Louis. If he OK's just SF then he is off to SF. If he says NO to both then who the hell knows?

They have 2 or 3 deals with SF(all different but based on how much money we pay) and a deal with St Louis.(Aledyms Diaz was traded to Toronto so likely a OF in the deal). Soon as Stanton decides the deal will happen very quick

I am so happy Stanton doesn't have all the power and the Marlins have some.
                Last edited by tjfla; 12-02-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Stanton still doesnt have ALL the power. You can continue to make that argument though.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    Stanton still doesnt have ALL the power. You can continue to make that argument though.

If he says YES to St Louis then he is going to St Louis.
                    If he say YES to St Louis and Yes to SF then he is going to St Louis
                    If he says YES to SF and No to St Louis then he is going to SF.
                    If he says NO to SF and No to St Louis then he is going to stay in Miami and opts out in 2020

Guess u are right-doesn't look like he has ALL the power.

I don't understand how people keep saying that. The only power we have is we get to decide to what team he goes to.We want to trade him to St Louis however if he says NO to St Louis then SF is only team left. Why do u think his people met with St Louis? Thats the deal we want but if he doesn't want to play there then we can't trade him there. Only 3 teams have a chance and 1 of them have little interest in him right now.

Unless LA suddenly gets interested and send a real offer then no chance he goes there. We aren't sending 45 million and taking back another 40 million just to get worse prospects than SF is offering to make Stanton happy
                    Last edited by tjfla; 12-02-2017, 11:39 AM.

Comment

If he says YES to St Louis then he is going to St Louis.
                      If he say YES to St Louis and Yes to SF then he is going to St Louis
                      If he says YES to SF and No to St Louis then he is going to SF.
                      If he says NO to SF and No to St Louis then he is going to stay in Miami and opts out in 2020

Guess u are right-doesn't look like he has ALL the power.

I don't understand how people keep saying that. The only power we have is we get to decide to what team he goes to.We want to trade him to St Louis however if he says NO to St Louis then SF is only team left. Why do u think his people met with St Louis? Thats the deal we want but if he doesn't want to play there then we can't trade him there. Only 3 teams have a chance and 1 of them have little interest in him right now.

Unless LA suddenly gets interested and send a real offer then no chance he goes there. We aren't sending 45 million and taking back another 40 million just to get worse prospects than SF is offering to make Stanton happy
                      because if he dicks us around we can just keep him and he can stew and be unhappy here until his opt out.

Comment

• The Marlins are hoping praying he puts St Louis on the list. Names are starting to leak out from St Louis(Not gonna mention cause u all guys bitch but we might be looking at moving JT soon) and they are better than people expected

Yesterday C Aramis Garcia name was mentioned from SF and today another C was mentioned from St Louis

Comment

• Something to watch-if Stanton says NO to St Louis don't be surprised if u see Ozuna to St Louis at the Winter Meetings. St.Louis made a very strong/better than expected offer for Stanton and are willing to make the same offer(maybe even another prospect or 2) for Ozuna if they miss out. Same exact players and all.

Stanton should be done by next weekend at the latest.Either SF,St Louis,Miami(till 2020) OR LAD if they decide to get in
                          Last edited by tjfla; 12-02-2017, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• What is the deal you’re hearing stl made for Stanton?

Comment

The Marlins are hoping praying he puts St Louis on the list. Names are starting to leak out from St Louis(Not gonna mention cause u all guys bitch but we might be looking at moving JT soon) and they are better than people expected

Yesterday C Aramis Garcia name was mentioned from SF and today another C was mentioned from St Louis
                              I'm not sure why you get your panties in a bunch about so many things. We all know you mean Carson Kelly here. You're not going to even say his name because some people here made some comments about him before? And you keep going with this "Stanton has all of the power" stuff. No one is debating he has to accept a trade to whatever team. But if he were fully in charge, he'd be in LA, and that doesn't appear like it's happening. And if his second choice is the Giants, and Miami has no say whatsoever, why is he even meeting with the Cardinals?

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, Buster Olney is saying he's hearing that Miami is more interested in shedding as much of his salary as they can, and getting back premium prospects is not as important. If that's true, fuck this team and their ownership group. Getting rid of Loria was supposed to end this bullshit.

Comment

• Yeah, it's pathetic that they don't want to get back better prospects. I get that the franchise is in bad financial shape, and that they're trying to fix that, but this seems set to be Loria 2.0, with better public images (Jeter is Jeter, and Sherman came across as likeable in the introductory press conference).

Comment

Working...
                                X