Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    U should take it as gospel AND for the 1000 time. I said NO ONE knows if he has power or not. When Jeter took over it was suppose to be him and Denbo with Mike Hill helping however the system was so bad Denbo decided to deal with that right now and they let Mike Hill stay on as the title of President.

As seen with yesterday's trade and what I had been saying since last monday Gary Denbo has power. Do u think Mike Hill made a trade with NYY or Gary Denbo liked these 2 guys and told him too?? Just because he has the title of President doesnt mean anything

- - - - - - - - - -

If u see a SF trade with someone else its gonna be a precursor to a Stanton to SF deal. They are trying to get stuff we like badly.
    i mean, you realize your posts dont go away after a week right? there are a multitude of your posts stating that hill would have no power.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      i mean, you realize your posts dont go away after a week right? there are a multitude of your posts stating that hill would have no power.
      What power does Mike Hill have?? They let him keep his title of President of Baseball and he goes to meetings. A computer can have the title of President,sit in meetings and look at stats BUT doesn't mean it has the power to do anything

I said if Mike Hill starts getting guys he likes then he MIGHT have some power but right now NOTHING has shown he has any

Our 1st trade of the season and its all about Gary Denbo. U think he went to Mike Hill to ask for permission? HAHAHA Hell NO-Denbo/Jeter told him to do its done
      Last edited by tjfla; 11-21-2017, 11:09 AM.

Comment

What power does Mike Hill have?? They let him keep his title of President of Baseball and he goes to meetings. A computer can have the title of President,sit in meetings and look at stats BUT doesn't mean it has the power to do anything

I said if Mike Hill starts getting guys he likes then he MIGHT have some power but right now NOTHING has shown he has any
        the fact that he is kept around gives him power. Him not being the ultimate decision maker does not equal not having power. no one is arguing he is the guy in charge and with the final say of baseball operations. but the fact that he was retained when so many others were let go insinuates that he certainly has power.

- - - - - - - - - -

and no, you didnt say no one knows if Mike Hill has any power. it is quite apparent from the posts the guy quoted you on a few pages back that you specifically said he has no power.

i really could care less, but youre clearly changing what you previously said.

Comment

• U are correct in my opinion he has NO power. Does he-who the hell knows?? But evidence from yesterday's trade points to NO

So just because they kept him means he has power?? It couldn't mean they wanted someone who was under contract and knew about the system from top to bottom to stick around instead of hiring everyone new. Makes sense

Why was Stan Meek kept around then? They kept him and then demoted him to Gary Denbo's personal assistant
          Last edited by tjfla; 11-21-2017, 11:18 AM.

Comment

U are correct in my opinion he has NO power. Does he-who the hell knows?? But evidence from yesterday's trade points to NO

So just because they kept him means he has power?? It couldn't mean they wanted someone who was under contract and knew about the system from top to bottom to stick around instead of hiring everyone new. Makes sense

Why was Stan Meek kept around then? They kept him and then demoted him to Gary Denbo's personal assistant
            ill be honest, i really could not care less about this disagreement.

- - - - - - - - - -

Maitan of the Braves was released from his contract because of the scandal. Would love to see us go out and get him. Would instantly become our top prospect.

Comment

• I can't wait until the Marlins new ownership starts their tenure off by trading the reigning MVP to a team with one of the worst farm systems in baseball, and not even getting their top prospect back in the deal. And it will be even more fun if they throw in Dee Gordon as well limiting the overall return value they'd get in trading both guys separately.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                I can't wait until the Marlins new ownership starts their tenure off by trading the reigning MVP to a team with one of the worst farm systems in baseball, and not even getting their top prospect back in the deal. And it will be even more fun if they throw in Dee Gordon as well limiting the overall return value they'd get in trading both guys separately.
                In other words, business as usual...

Comment

I can't wait until the Marlins new ownership starts their tenure off by trading the reigning MVP to a team with one of the worst farm systems in baseball, and not even getting their top prospect back in the deal. And it will be even more fun if they throw in Dee Gordon as well limiting the overall return value they'd get in trading both guys separately.
                  while i understand your premise, why dont we just wait and see what the actual deal would be? We have literally no clue what a deal would look like involving those guys, nor do we know of any more moves the giants might make to get more prospects that actually would be appealing to us.

If they can figure out a way to get a guy like Ian Happ for a starter like Cueto and we can in turn get Happ, that deal would make a whole lot more sense. Not saying that is what's planned, just give them a chance before shitting on deals that are simply being partially reported.
                  Last edited by fish16; 11-21-2017, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Regarding a Stanton trade, I'm not sure how much you can hold this front office accountable considering they have no leverage to begin with.

I just hope they don't add Dee Gordon to the Stanton trade. Why not deal them separately?

Comment

• If we are able to deal Stanton, Ziegler, Prado, Dee, Ozuna, and Straily, our payroll after next year ends will be extremely low. Only guys making money would be Yelich, Chen, and any dead money we have to pay off. On top of rebuilding and getting great prospects, that should be our second goal. Make the start of 2019 the deadline period and have a goal of getting off as many contracts as you possible can during that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        Regarding a Stanton trade, I'm not sure how much you can hold this front office accountable considering they have no leverage to begin with.

I just hope they don't add Dee Gordon to the Stanton trade. Why not deal them separately?
                        Well Dee has been mentioned because u get Panik(younger/cheaper 2B) and lose even more cash. Other Gordon deals bring in maybe a ML RP and a prospect

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                        while i understand your premise, why dont we just wait and see what the actual deal would be? We have literally no clue what a deal would look like involving those guys, nor do we know of any more moves the giants might make to get more prospects that actually would be appealing to us.

If they can figure out a way to get a guy like Ian Happ for a starter like Cueto and we can in turn get Happ, that deal would make a whole lot more sense. Not saying that is what's planned, just give them a chance before shitting on deals that are simply being partially reported.
                        Thats what they are trying to do. Alot of 3 way talk not only just SF/Mia

SF-Stanton
                        Mia-Ramos,2 prospects from SF,prospects/young ML guys from another team
                        Other team-Cueto?Span?Something from Miami?Cash?

Our goal is to lose as much cash as they can

Comment

• I wouldnt mind Cueto being part of the deal with them paying a lot of his money. He will definitely have a bounceback year and he is a pure #1 pitcher in this league. Even if we are still a bad team, it couldnt hurt to have him at the top of the rotation for the next few years.

- - - - - - - - - -

I do wish we could get this Stanton deal, whatever it is, done with already so we could see what we get and assess how to start moving the other pieces.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post

I get what you're saying, but I just don't have a lot of faith based off of what we're hearing. I hope I'm wrong, but even with added prospects from a Cueto deal, I don't see a package that returns even close to what they should get for Stanton, something the Cardinals offers.

Comment

I get what you're saying, but I just don't have a lot of faith based off of what we're hearing. I hope I'm wrong, but even with added prospects from a Cueto deal, I don't see a package that returns even close to what they should get for Stanton, something the Cardinals offers.
                              the stanton deal would be a lot more abotu the money we are losing. Getting even 4 solid prospects for him along with shedding the money will be considered a win. Then we start dealing assets like Straily, Bour, Ozuna, etc to get the real talent replenishment for our system.

Comment

• Wow, the Braves lost 12 players as penalties for their international issues.

John Coppolella permanently banned from MLB too, sorry fish16.
                                Last edited by rmc523; 11-21-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X