Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    Hudson would be suck a mike hill move. Pitcher with limited K ability and thus limited potential.
    Well he wouldn't be the centerpiece. Mike Hill just has a hardon for him. Thing is u could let St Louis keep Reyes/Weaver and they still have enough arms to make a move. Flaherty,Hudson,Junior Fernandez,Alcantara(throws 100 and scouts love),Zac Gallen,Austin Gomber all would be solid additions. St Louis is one of the best teams to trade with

Comment

• You get Weaver, a guy like Alcantara, and then one of the STL OF's. Then you get Vlad JR and Pearson from TOR, then Straily to MIL for a guy like Luis Ortiz and Burnes. Then i'd keep Yelich and Realmuto unless you can get 2-3 top 100 prospects, and then trade Bour to the highest bidder and just start the rebuild next year and invest heavily in the IFA market and the draft for a few years and we can be a contender within 2-3 years.

Edit- Also get rid of Dee for a really nice bullpen arm the front office likes and salary relief. I just dont want them to get rid of prado in another deal where it greatly reduces our return.

- - - - - - - - - -

I also hope we deal Barraclough if we go for a full rebuild. He has value and building a future bullpen should be our last concern.

Comment

• IDK if G would accept a trade to San Diego just because they arent a contender currently, but they would also match up well if they wanted him.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          No team has been mentioned but rumor is its the Phillies. Moniak,Sixto Sanchez and more. Probably the reason why they are acting like he is off the market #1 Don't think they wanna trade guys in the NL East and #2 the guys are far off. They prefer not to see Yelich much and they prefer guys closer to ML ready

Just saying they have an offer that meets the asking price they set

Mentioned this few weeks ago but Philly is even willing to take a contract to get a Stanton,Yelich from us. The rumor is its Volquez NOT Chen or Prado
          Are we that desperate to dump money that we'd have to reduce our return for a Yelich just to get rid of Volquez's salary that'll be gone next year anyway? That's pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
            Are we that desperate to dump money that we'd have to reduce our return for a Yelich just to get rid of Volquez's salary that'll be gone next year anyway? That's pathetic.
            Ya, that would piss me the hell off. Chen i would maybe understand. But Vazquez, Tazawa, or Ziegler would be absolutely terrible mismanagement.

Comment

No it wouldnt be a reduction of return. Its more to get us to trade Yelich or Stanton to an NL East team(which no one thinks we will do)-they are telling us that if we trade Yelich or Stanton to them they would take on salary like Volquez as well

Yelich for Moniak,Sanchez and more
              Yelich and Volquez for Moniak,Sanchez and more

Comment

No it wouldnt be a reduction of return. Its more to get us to trade Yelich or Stanton to an NL East team(which no one thinks we will do)-they are telling us that if we trade Yelich or Stanton to them they would take on salary like Volquez as well

Yelich for Moniak,Sanchez and more
                Yelich and Volquez for Moniak,Sanchez and more
                I actually love Philly's farm system, I just dont want to trade with them unless we absolutely pillage their system. I'd also love to see us just shore up our middle infield for the next 10 years and get JP Crawford and Kingery in the same trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  I actually love Philly's farm system, I just dont want to trade with them unless we absolutely pillage their system. I'd also love to see us just shore up our middle infield for the next 10 years and get JP Crawford and Kingery in the same trade.
                  Well the "more" would be either 1 of Kingery or Crawford and likely another 1 or 2 low level prospects. They won't trade both. The issues are they don't want Yelich in the NL East,they would rather lose Prado or Chen's contract and Moniak/Sixto Sanchez aren't close to majors. Could get offers with closer to ready guys

Stanton won't go to Philly

Comment

• Stanton would hit a 100 homers in Philly

Comment

The Cardinals have been linked to Giancarlo Stanton in trade speculation since the summer, and now Peter Gammons of GammonsDaily.com writes that the Cards are reportedly willing to offer the Marlins “one of their best young pitchers” in a Stanton trade, provided that Miami covers some of the $295MM remaining on the slugger’s enormous contract.

So cover some cash and get a Flaherty/Hudson led deal for Stanton OR cover NO cash and get a Flaherty/Hudson led deal for Ozuna

Mike Hill loves Dakota Hudson so he will likely be in an deal we do with St Louis and they like Reyes but prefer Flaherty due to health.
                      I thought you said Mike Hill is a figurehead.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                        I thought you said Mike Hill is a figurehead.
                        Mike Hill is the President of Baseball Ops but no one really know how much pull he has. Some people are saying Jeter and Denbo are going to make the decisions

Comment

Mike Hill is the President of Baseball Ops but no one really know how much pull he has. Some people are saying Jeter and Denbo are going to make the decisions
                          So his role hasn't changed then...

Comment

So his role hasn't changed then...
                            That's what everyone is wondering. Is he still just a yes man or is Jeter gonna let him make some decisions and get guys he scouted/likes. He loves Dakota Hudson which is why I said if we trade with St Louis it will tell alot. Most of MLB think Hill is still just a yes man who is around cause he knows the system and lets Denbo focus on the minors right now

Comment

• It seems to me that if Denbo is the guy that knows prospects, he's the guy who should be determining what the return on these guys should be considering the biggest parts will probably be prospects. I hate the idea of Hill having any real say in this.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                                It seems to me that if Denbo is the guy that knows prospects, he's the guy who should be determining what the return on these guys should be considering the biggest parts will probably be prospects. I hate the idea of Hill having any real say in this.
                                Well thats why I keep saying u have to see who we get back in the first 1 or 2 trades we make. If we are getting guys Mike Hill likes(people know a few names) or guys Denbo likes it will show how much power Mike Hill has. It is believed that its Jeter/Denbo/Jim Hendry(maybe?) show with Mike Hill the President only because Denbo dealing with the system right now and doesn't wanna have to do 10 jobs

Comment

Working...
                                X