• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Stanton fucked us”

I lol’d.

The NL MVP. 59 HR’s.

He REALLY fucked us fans.

Comment

• My bad on the 32 teams, I've had NFL on the mind recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
        “Stanton fucked us”

I lol’d.

The NL MVP. 59 HR’s.

He REALLY fucked us fans.
        he fucked the team. He was well within his right because the previous regime foolishly gave him the NTC, but theres no question his utilization of his NTC fucked us in that deal.

Comment

• and Loria fucked us, I can't believe this is even a question. Stanton had every right to do what he did. The new FO waited until November to even speak to him, when day 1 Jeter should've been sitting down with Stanton, explaining the situation, and trying to work out a plan that would benefit both Stanton and the Marlins.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
            and Loria fucked us, I can't believe this is even a question. Stanton had every right to do what he did. The new FO waited until November to even speak to him, when day 1 Jeter should've been sitting down with Stanton, explaining the situation, and trying to work out a plan that would benefit both Stanton and the Marlins.
            Im agreeing with you. Ive said Stanton was perfectly within his rights to hold the team hostage because he had a NTC. But i dont think any amount of "sitting down" with Stanton would have given him any inclination to play it any differently than he did. You think simply by talking to him we're all of a sudden gonna make him change his mind and accept a trade to STL?

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              Im agreeing with you. Ive said Stanton was perfectly within his rights to hold the team hostage because he had a NTC. But i dont think any amount of "sitting down" with Stanton would have given him any inclination to play it any differently than he did. You think simply by talking to him we're all of a sudden gonna make him change his mind and accept a trade to STL?
              No I don't, but I do think it possibly avoids making a fool of yourself when you go to SF and STL, and doesn't make you look completely desperate by the time the Yankees get involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                No I don't, but I do think it possibly avoids making a fool of yourself when you go to SF and STL, and doesn't make you look completely desperate by the time the Yankees get involved.
                I do see where youre coming from and we can just agree to disagree, i just dont think that makes you end up getting anything better for him. I think the only thing that does is make the yankees know theyre the only one involved in the bidding. It was clear the dodgers werent really interested given what they were offering (if you believe tjfla), and I think what they were trying to do was to try to bring more teams in while they were negotiating with the yankees in the hopes of maybe extracting more when Stanton inevitably declined the trade to SF and STL. I also dont think it was unthinkable that Stanton ended up choosing SF or STL if we told him that it was a choice between going there or staying here during a full on rebuild.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                I do see where youre coming from and we can just agree to disagree, i just dont think that makes you end up getting anything better for him. I think the only thing that does is make the yankees know theyre the only one involved in the bidding. It was clear the dodgers werent really interested given what they were offering (if you believe tjfla), and I think what they were trying to do was to try to bring more teams in while they were negotiating with the yankees in the hopes of maybe extracting more when Stanton inevitably declined the trade to SF and STL. I also dont think it was unthinkable that Stanton ended up choosing SF or STL if we told him that it was a choice between going there or staying here during a full on rebuild.

Comment

• Heliot Ramos (rumored primary piece of San Fran deal) is ranked 8 spots from Guzman in BA, so I think the narrative of Stanton screwing the Marlins should probably be closed. Castro is probably going to net something like those secondary Shaw and Beede type prospects when he is eventually traded, so this looks like a wash to me. Marlins seemingly didn't do so bad with their second fall back option. I agree that the contract isn't great for an acquiring team, as it's 3 years of Stanton and an opt out, or he gets hurt and you have David Wright/Albert Pujols times 2.

They just need to keep it up and continue shedding the Strailys/Bours/Castros/Dietrich/Barraclough/Prado/Ziegler/etc. by at latest the deadline this year for more guys in AA, and sign Realmuto for 5.

Comment

• One thing I think we can all agree on is that this slow offseason is really fucking annoying, and I think when we eventually do end up trading yelich it’s gonna bring all the “same as loria” shit again when that wasn’t fair earlier and still won’t be fair when we inevitably trade yelich and the rest of those guys. And it will likely end up that way no matter the package we get for yelich

- - - - - - - - - -

I do however think it will get picking up for pitchers once darkish signs and then for hitters once jd Martinez signs

Comment

• As a quick aside based on the prior conversation, Christian Pache was rated pretty high in Keith Law's rankings and Law says that he sees 20 HR power in his future despite not having hit a HR in his career to this point.

Comment

• We don't take kindly to Keith Law 'round these parts
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Thing that really kills me on Guzman is he going to be 22 in a couple of days and Frisaro is reporting that he will probably be sent to Batavia to start out. What is going on with him that at this age and point that he still isn't going to head to full season ball? I know I read somewherer that he wore down in short season ball last year if that is the case it's not looking promising for him to be a starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                            Thing that really kills me on Guzman is he going to be 22 in a couple of days and Frisaro is reporting that he will probably be sent to Batavia to start out. What is going on with him that at this age and point that he still isn't going to head to full season ball? I know I read somewherer that he wore down in short season ball last year if that is the case it's not looking promising for him to be a starter.
                            I think that would be foolish. At the very least he should be playing full season ball at Greensboro. I was thinking Jupiter wouldnt be too crazy either. I hope this new front office babies our pitchers less than the previous one. Mostly because the results from the previous regime were awful despite the over carefulness in terms of injuries. I also hope we stop innings limits in individual games and move more toward pitch limits. It drives me crazy seeing guys like Paddack cruise through 5 innings and then taken out despite only throwing 60 pitches or something stupid.

Comment

• I mean if he was 19 I could see sending him back to short season ball. At 22 I would think he would be in Greensboro for sure even if they decide to have him start the season in the pen.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                                I mean if he was 19 I could see sending him back to short season ball. At 22 I would think he would be in Greensboro for sure even if they decide to have him start the season in the pen.
                                Ya, id just throw him to jupiter at that age despite his lack of experience. I think his stuff is good enough where he wont be a train wreck, you coud get him in a great pitchers league and ballpark, and you could let him pitch against similar aged guys rather than just using his stuff to dominate younger guys. I would understand Greensboro, but batavia makes no sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X