No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yelich's agent says he wants to be traded...shocking!

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...ken-agent-says

Don't get the reasoning behind going public with this as I'm pretty sure the Marlins are already trying to accommodate his request. However, the Marlins should not be forced into anything here.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
      Yelich's agent says he wants to be traded...shocking!

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...ken-agent-says

Don't get the reasoning behind going public with this as I'm pretty sure the Marlins are already trying to accommodate his request. However, the Marlins should not be forced into anything here.
      My guess is it is taking too long for their liking. They're trying to put some pressure to get the move done before Training Camp.

I don't think it'll happen tho. I think Castro gets traded and JT/Yelich get traded at the July deadline

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
        My guess is it is taking too long for their liking. They're trying to put some pressure to get the move done before Training Camp.

I don't think it'll happen tho. I think Castro gets traded and JT/Yelich get traded at the July deadline

putting pressure will do nothing but hurt their cause. Going public with what that guy just went public with will do nothing but hinder his own clients wishes to get traded. there is no pro to doing what that guy just did. He's hurting the marlins trade value which makes it infinitely less likely that he will not be traded at all. If this is the same guy who told yelich to take that contract a few years ago Yelich needs to get rid of the guy already. He's severely hurting his career first off the field and now on it if his wish is to be traded.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post

Exactly this. Marlins and Agent had agreement to keep quiet and they would start talking to teams after holidays. They have but Yelich wants to be with a new team before ST so they are just putting more pressure on the Fish.He doesn't wanna wait till March and then have to change everything

They are still talking to Atlanta,Toronto,Philly,SD,Arizona,LAD

Yelich and Straily likely to go before ST and Castro,JT,Prado,Bour,Ziegler around deadline if dealt

Cubs have talked with us on Straily and a RP for a bat but they have alot of other options. The FA market is what is stopping all the Straily talk
          Last edited by tjfla; 01-17-2018, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Exactly this. Marlins and Agent had agreement to keep quiet and they would start talking to teams after holidays. They have but Yelich wants to be with a new team before ST so they are just putting more pressure on the Fish.He doesn't wanna wait till March and then have to change everything

Yelich and Straily likely to go before ST and Castro,JT,Prado,Bour,Ziegler around deadline if dealt

Cubs have talked with us on Straily and a RP for a bat but they have alot of other options. The FA market is what is stopping all the Straily talk
            the agent doing that is literally doing the opposite of what his client wants. he's just making it more difficult for the marlins to find a package they are ok with.

Comment

• If they trade those guys to appease them when they want to be traded, it'll set a bad precedent on a team already known for dumping everyone.

Comment

• I'm just glad the new administration is in no way to blame for alienating these players so much that they feel the need to publicly ask for trades like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                  If they trade those guys to appease them when they want to be traded, it'll set a bad precedent on a team already known for dumping everyone.
                  Totally.

Comment

How many relievers do you need? Especially on a shitty team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                      I'm just glad the new administration is in no way to blame for alienating these players so much that they feel the need to publicly ask for trades like this.
                      Also totally. You'd hope they would have had a sit down with at least Yelich (seriously who cares about the rest besides Realmuto) and have a serious plan to show to him how you are the future and why this is going to work in a year or two. 2018 is going to suck but please be a cheerleader and bear with it for a year. I understand he believes he has proven himself with 4 good years and wants to win as he is about to enter his prime, but this is some amateur hour BS from him and/or his agent. I guess they feel since Stanton bullied his way out maybe they can do it too. I think that's a bad move for him as his contract is valuable unlike Stanton, but hey whatever.

They should just keep him, do a good job with acquiring people in 2018, and hopefully it all makes sense this time next year. Can still trade him next year. Everyone will still want him.

Comment

• How the heck did Stanton bully his way out? I would say he did the exact opposite. He bullied his way to a certain location, but that was after the organization basically said we don't want you here, you can't be here, you have to go.

Comment

How the heck did Stanton bully his way out? I would say he did the exact opposite. He bullied his way to a certain location, but that was after the organization basically said we don't want you here, you can't be here, you have to go.
                          $295 million dollars owed helped wit that

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                          How many relievers do you need? Especially on a shitty team.
                          Need someone to pitch in the 10-0 blowouts every day. Our BP is actually full right now

Despaigne
                          Garcia
                          Steckenrider
                          Wittgren
                          Tazawa
                          Ziegler
                          Bearclaw

With 2 Rule 5 Guys and Guerrero,Guerra,Jumbo,Ellington in AAA
                          Last edited by tjfla; 01-17-2018, 02:17 PM.

Comment

$295 million dollars owed helped wit that
                            No shit. How is that Stanton's fault?

G shoulda had the foresight to take less money so that when Jeff Loria eventually weaseled out of paying pretty much the entirety of the contract he agreed to pay Stanton so that the new administration didn't have to deal with this conundrum. He also should not have asked for a no-trade clause because Loria is such a stand-up human being.

Honestly I don't think Yelich asks for a trade if they hadn't also dealt Ozuna. Trading Ozuna was something that could've waited, especially considering the pitiful return they got for him.
                            Last edited by Nick; 01-17-2018, 02:21 PM.

Comment

No shit. How is that Stanton's fault?

G shoulda had the foresight to take less money so that when Jeff Loria eventually weaseled out of paying pretty much the entirety of the contract he agreed to pay Stanton so that the new administration didn't have to deal with this conundrum. He also should not have asked for a no-trade clause because Loria is such a stand-up human being.

Honestly I don't think Yelich asks for a trade if they hadn't also dealt Ozuna. Trading Ozuna was something that could've waited, especially considering the pitiful return they got for him.
                              Not his fault just saying it helped with the movement. Ya we could have waited till next offseason and got even less in return for him.

Comment

Not his fault just saying it helped with the movement. Ya we could have waited till next offseason and got even less in return for him.
                                I forgot you had that crystal ball. You can't tell me that some desperate team who has injuries and desperately needs a bat for a playoff run wouldn't give us more than the pathetic haul we got for him last month, in a trade deadline deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X