• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Rosenthal‏Verified account
    @Ken_Rosenthal
    Following Following @Ken_Rosenthal
    More
    #Marlins’ Starlin Castro wants to be traded, sources tell The Athletic. Does not want to be part of another rebuilding process the way he was with the #Cubs.

7:36 AM - 10 Jan 2018

HAHAHA...who cares? Starlin Castro thinking he's too good to be on a rebuilding team is legitimately funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
      Ken Rosenthal‏Verified account
      @Ken_Rosenthal
      Following Following @Ken_Rosenthal
      More
      #Marlins’ Starlin Castro wants to be traded, sources tell The Athletic. Does not want to be part of another rebuilding process the way he was with the #Cubs.

7:36 AM - 10 Jan 2018

HAHAHA...who cares? Starlin Castro thinking he's too good to be on a rebuilding team is legitimately funny.
      people get uncommonly angry at players wanting to exert what little power they have not to be on a terrible team. Him asking to be traded doesnt mean he thinks he's too good to be on a rebuilding team, it means he doesnt want to waste whatever years he has left as a productive player on a team that isnt trying to win for a few years. Can you blame him?

Comment

• I’m not angry at all. I just think it’s funny that someone of his caliber thinks playing on a bad team is beneath him. I don’t particularly care if the Marlins keep or trade him, but someone is going to play 2nd base here and he’s under contract, so he may have to live with it. I’m sure the Marlins would be happy to trade him if they can find a worthwhile deal.

Comment

• Love how all these guys think that the Marlins want to keep them. They would love to trade Castro but fact is only about 3 teams need a 2B. The idea was let him play/bring up value and hopefully someone needs a 2B in July

Castro/JT and Yelich(Yes he made the request but Fish and his agent agreed to keep it quiet) have ALL requested trades

- - - - - - - - - -

Houston might be out of the JT derby. They are looking to get Gerritt Cole danging Fisher or Tucker. Like mentioned Whitley is untouchable

I dont mind them taking time on guys but this is the 1 problem with doing 1 guy at a time. They are working on Yelich right now however other teams are moving on

Comment

I’m not angry at all. I just think it’s funny that someone of his caliber thinks playing on a bad team is beneath him. I don’t particularly care if the Marlins keep or trade him, but someone is going to play 2nd base here and he’s under contract, so he may have to live with it. I’m sure the Marlins would be happy to trade him if they can find a worthwhile deal.
            again, you are just making it up that he feels that it's "beneath him." Perhaps he just wants to make the most of his baseball career and not waste more years of his prime on a rebuilding team.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              again, you are just making it up that he feels that it's "beneath him." Perhaps he just wants to make the most of his baseball career and not waste more years of his prime on a rebuilding team.
              By requesting a trade, he obviously thinks he shouldn't have to play on a bad team. I have no problem with him asking for a trade. I also don't have a problem if the Marlins just ignore it until they want to make a trade.

Comment

• With the Astros and Pirates rumored to be completing a trade that would send righthander Gerrit Cole to the Pirates, here’s a sneak peak at what was our soon-to-be-released Astros Top 10 Prospects list. It’s very possible that we will have to adjust the rankings.

1. Forrest Whitley, RHP
                2. Kyle Tucker, OF
                3. Yordan Alvarez, 1B/OF
                4. J.B. Bukauskas, RHP
                5. Freudis Nova, SS
                6. Jairo Solis, RHP
                7. Hector Perez, RHP
                8. Jorge Alcala, RHP
                9. Colin Moran, 3B/1B
                10. David Paulino, RHP

Nova is the guy we had an agreement with however tested postive for something and Jeff pulled the offer for some reason?

Comment

By requesting a trade, he obviously thinks he shouldn't have to play on a bad team. I have no problem with him asking for a trade. I also don't have a problem if the Marlins just ignore it until they want to make a trade.
                  Oh i dont have a problem with the marlins telling him to bleep off, but i just have a problem characterizing it as him thinking that playing on this team is "beneath him." He isnt saying he's too good for the team, just saying he's already wasted multiple years of his career in the beginning of the Cubs rebuild and doesnt want to do it again while he can still play.

Comment

• AStros and Pirates reportedly agreed to deal. I really wanted Tucker.
                    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                      AStros and Pirates reportedly agreed to deal. I really wanted Tucker.
                      Good thing is Houston has still tons of stuff if they want JT. Martes,Alvarez,Nova(All 3 the Fish had or could have had ALREADY)

Reportedly Pitt wants Fisher,Moran and a pitcher?

Comment

• If that’s truly the package. Quite underwhelming. Though Cole wasn’t great.
                        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                        - Michael Johnson

Comment

• I think Fisher is very underrated as a prospect for whatever reason. that guy is an immediate starting OF for the Pirates if he is indeed in the deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                            If that’s truly the package. Quite underwhelming. Though Cole wasn’t great.
                            Well its probably more just saying that Houston has tons of stuff if they still want JT. Might be underwhelming but like us Pitt wants cheap ML ready guys Fisher is Starting OF(lets them trade McCuthen),Moran can start at 3B/1B and SP to step in for Cole. 3 MLB players for 1

- - - - - - - - - -

Francis Martes
                            Freudis Nova
                            Colin Moran
                            Trevor Williams
                            Andrew Heaney
                            KeKe Hernandez

All we got in return was Miguel Rojas and "prospects" who havent sniffed the Majors

We wouldn't have our anything BUT if this is the deal(Fisher,Moran,Martes for Cole) DID U KNOW?

Moran was a Marlins Draft Pick
                            Martes was a Marlins IFA Signing
                            Fisher was the #37 Pick in 2014 but the MARLINS had pick #36 and took C turned RHP who hasnt gotten out of Rookie Ball Blake Anderson
                            Last edited by tjfla; 01-10-2018, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• I’d bet that was a Mike Hill trade btw. I doubt Loria got involved because he wouldn’t have known who was coming back.
                              - Michael Johnson

Comment

• It's the drafting that has killed this team even more. Like beyond bad drafting. I read a story that we havent produced a major leaguer in the draft since 2013 when we drafted Riddle, Moran, and Trevor Williams. That's unbelievable.

Comment

Working...
                                X