No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disagree but ok. Allard struggled with velocity this year and the k’s went down. Big red flag for me. Gohara was sitting at 96 in his starts in the majors.

For me:
    Wright/Gohara tier A

Then all the other guys. They should stay away from Allard imo.
    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• I agree I am hoping they stay away from Allard but also hope they don't get Pache as well. I know its said they really want Gohara I hope they aren't so enamored with him that he is the main focus instead of the whole trade picture. I really would like to see them get Wright although I am read on here the Braves say he is another untouchable prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
        I agree I am hoping they stay away from Allard but also hope they don't get Pache as well. I know its said they really want Gohara I hope they aren't so enamored with him that he is the main focus instead of the whole trade picture. I really would like to see them get Wright although I am read on here the Braves say he is another untouchable prospect.
        agree on wright. But when it comes down to it, given Yelich's ability, his contract, and the amount of teams in the bidding, he's the guy you have to get in a deal with the Braves. Him, Gohara, Pache, Jackson, and another lower level pitcher would be a great haul.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          If they pan out, those types of outfielders can be really valuable. dyson from KC/SEA is a good example. You can still get a solid 2-3 or as much as 4 WAR from a guy like that if he pans out. The problem is so many of them never end up hitting enough to play everyday, so in that respect, i agree with you. I think Pache's hit tool is much better than Sierra's though.
          The thing is that type of outfielder is becoming extinct as a starter in the majors now. With so many players who can handle CF and provide pop as well that is where teams today tend to focus. Other then Dyson and now maybe Gordon who else really fits that profile? We had Hechavarria who played stellar defense but he was such a liability with the bat I believe most fans hated him and couldn't wait for him to be traded.

- - - - - - - - - -

I would change out Pache and Jackson for another arm they really don't help this team.

Comment

• I think you're really underrating Pache's hit tool. He doesnt have power but he has a really good ability to hit and a little bit of power (never a ton, but at least a little) should come with time.

Comment

• Also, i hadnt looked up how Hech did last year.... but after we traded him he put together (in a half season so not as many AB's) his most HR's in a year (regardless of ab's), his highest OPS, and his highest slugging percentage of his career. Because of course he did.

Comment

I just want no part of Pache I would actually prefer they just get back one less player then take him. I still hate the Sierra inclusion in the Ozuna trade I am just not a fan of those type outfielders.
                Ya instead of taking back a 5 tool 19 yr old OF we will take 4 prospects instead of 5

Its about getting talent!!!

- - - - - - - - - -

The Braves pitchers are

Newcomb/Gohara/Wright-ML Ready
                Allard/Anderson/Soroka/Wentz-Top Arms
                Muller/Wilson/Sanchez/Harrington-Mid level
                Morris/Fried/Toussaint-talent but something VERY Wrong

The Braves Bats are
                Acuna

Pache/Riley(They are keeping Riley)
                Jackson

Acuna,Riley,Wright and Soroka have been called UNTOUCHABLE which Miami is fine with.

Gohara will probably rank #2 in MLB rankings next month and its the guy we really want as the "centerpiece"

- - - - - - - - - -

Some overnight news. Still consider Yelich gone however looking more like JT will be sticking around. They have a few offers and talked but haven't got what they really want. Again Washington offers Soto but NOT Robles-if they will trade Robles JT talks will start again

Castro also looks to be sticking around. They are still talking to Milwaukee/NYM but the FO isn't rushing to move him. They think he can bring us his value and if a contender needs a MIF at the deadline they can get more for him

Yelich/Straily/Ziegler/Bearclaw are most likely right now with JT possible IF offers get better
                Last edited by tjfla; 01-06-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Gohara as the centerpiece is a joke. Move to another team. Youre not gonna acquire a guy like Yelich by putting 4 prospects as untouchable

Comment

• One thing about the Catcher thing with the Braves

I have NO clue who they want however they see the guys like this

Alex Jackson-Love his BAT but not sure if he is actually a C
                    Brett Cumberland-Solid Bat but not a great defensive C. However still think he can stick
                    Lucas Herbert-All defense C. Backup ML C for years
                    William Contreras-Very Young but they think OVERALL(bat/glove) best C in system

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    Gohara as the centerpiece is a joke. Move to another team. Youre not gonna acquire a guy like Yelich by putting 4 prospects as untouchable
                    Gohara is a joke??? He is gonna be the BEST Pitching Prospect they have when new rankings come out

They get to pick 1 guy from each of these plus atleast 2 more prospects

Comment

• Gohara is a good prospect, but he isnt at wright's level, and trading Yelich cant net you Gohara as the best prospect you get back. Again, if they are going to take 4 guys and label them untouchable, you move on to another team or just keep Yelich.

Comment

• Gohara is on Wrights level. Many say hes better including arguably the best prospect guy in the business. (Sickels)

Now when it comes to the package they should have both of them coming back.
                        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Ya instead of taking back a 5 tool 19 yr old OF we will take 4 prospects instead of 5

Its about getting talent!!!
                          Pache isn't a 5 tool talent he has NO POWER. The Marlins have several of those type players already in their system and it is so rare for that type of outfielder to ever make it as a everyday player. They have to hit for average or else they are just a 4th outfielder. If you are trading Yelich you can't settle for him just because he is the best hitter they will allow you to take back. I would rather them get another pitcher instead of him but knowing Michael Hill he probably really wants that kid.

If they are saying 5 prospects plus all of their young major league hitters are off limits I think you have to keep Yelich or find another partner. If they get Gohara they should get at least 2 from the next level. Allard shouldn't be in the discussion. He took a step back last year plus with him being a taller pitcher the fact that he developed back problems in high school scares the hell out of me. His numbers and velocity were down last year and is rated at the bottom of the top 10 list of the Braves for 2018 by Baseball America.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          They get to pick 1 guy from each of these plus atleast 2 more prospects
                          You just stated above Wright and Soroka are off limits.

Comment

• It’s silly that the Braves would make their best prospects untouchable and we’d just be fine with it and move down their list. When it comes to trading Yelich, especially in the division, they have to either get what we want or find a team that will give us what we want. I get that the other guys in their system are good also, but if they’re getting someone like Yelich cheap for the next 6 years, then we should be able to pick anyone we want from their system.

Comment

Pache isn't a 5 tool talent he has NO POWER. The Marlins have several of those type players already in their system and it is so rare for that type of outfielder to ever make it as a everyday player. They have to hit for average or else they are just a 4th outfielder. If you are trading Yelich you can't settle for him just because he is the best hitter they will allow you to take back. I would rather them get another pitcher instead of him but knowing Michael Hill he probably really wants that kid.

If they are saying 5 prospects plus all of their young major league hitters are off limits I think you have to keep Yelich or find another partner. If they get Gohara they should get at least 2 from the next level. Allard shouldn't be in the discussion. He took a step back last year plus with him being a taller pitcher the fact that he developed back problems in high school scares the hell out of me. His numbers and velocity were down last year and is rated at the bottom of the top 10 list of the Braves for 2018 by Baseball America.

- - - - - - - - - -

You just stated above Wright and Soroka are off limits
                              They are but still are in the system

We know u want Acuna,Albies and 4 SP.

As for Pache u do realize he just turned 19 right? How many 18 year old in A Ball are called "power" guys. He has the body just give him time. U act like Pache is a 21 yr old who is 5'9 160lbs. He just turned 19 and is 6'2 185. Acuna didn't have much power until this year

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                              It’s silly that the Braves would make their best prospects untouchable and we’d just be fine with it and move down their list. When it comes to trading Yelich, especially in the division, they have to either get what we want or find a team that will give us what we want. I get that the other guys in their system are good also, but if they’re getting someone like Yelich cheap for the next 6 years, then we should be able to pick anyone we want from their system.
                              That is what happens when u have so many great prospects. U can tell a team so many an untouchable and they would still be happy.

Washington told us Robles was untouchable and u dont hear alot of talk about them anymore. Why? Because after Robles and Soto they don't have much. Atlanta tells u 2 SP are untouchable and u can choose from 4 others who are just as good/if not better
                              Last edited by tjfla; 01-06-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                They are but still are in the system

We know u want Acuna,Albies and 4 SP.

As for Pache u do realize he just turned 19 right? How many 18 year old in A Ball are called "power" guys. He has the body just give him time. Acuna didn't have much power until this year

- - - - - - - - - -

That is what happens when u have so many great prospects. U can tell a team so many an untouchable and they would still be happy.

Washington told us Robles was untouchable and u dont hear alot of talk about them anymore. Why? Because after Robles and Soto they don't have much. Atlanta tells u 2 SP are untouchable and u can choose from 4 others who are just as good/if not better
                                I get it from the Braves prospective, but not ours. They have a lot of good prospects...good for them. If they want Yelich, they should give up the best ones. The Marlins are the team giving up the sure thing. If we don’t get exactly who we want, there’s no reason to settle for who they want to give up. Either get your top choice or hang on to the guy until someone makes the deal we want.
                                Last edited by fauowls44; 01-06-2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X