• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fangraphs rates Guzman and Garrett as HIGH variance

Comment

• Trades I would accept from Washington:

Realmuto for Robles

Realmuto for Soto and Kieboom

Realmuto for Soto and 3 prospects in their top 6-20 range. (Need Antuna or Garcia in this deal)

Realmuto for Kieboom and 4 prospects in their 6-20 range. (Need one of Fedde/Crowe/Romero in the deal)

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
        Trades I would accept from Washington:

Realmuto for Robles

Realmuto for Soto and 3 prospects in their top 6-20 range. (Need Antuna or Garcia in this deal)

Realmuto for Kieboom and 4 prospects in their 6-20 range. (Need one of Fedde/Crowe/Romero in the deal)
        U have seen the light finally??

Comment

Realmuto for Robles

Agreed on the top 2, but dont think we will ever get Soto and Kieboom in the same deal. I think we're holding out for 3 and nats want to hold out for 4. really interesting to see who caves first. I really want to see another team get involved here.

- - - - - - - - - -

JT for Kieboom, Romero, Read, and Antuna and id be cool with it as much as i like Soto. I'd hold out for Soto as long as humanly possible though. I really want star power in a JT deal more than more depth. It wouldnt surprise me to see us go with depth though if theyre forced to.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            Ya, IF kieboom is the lead guy in a deal, you have to be certain he can stay at SS long term. So much of his value is tied to being a SS.

As for Garcia vs. Antuna, i havent really read as much on him as i did on Antuna, but just going off his numbers he looks very solid as well. They are both super young and didnt really play that much, but I just liked Antuna's plate discipline and K/BB as such a young player. I dont know shit though so im cool with whoever Denbo likes.
            Ya Antuna is better with bat and Garcia has a bat and can stick at SS. Much like u said Denbo knows who he likes since NYY probably tried to get them both so either one is cool

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            Agreed on the top 2, but dont think we will ever get Soto and Kieboom in the same deal. I think we're holding out for 3 and nats want to hold out for 4. really interesting to see who caves first. I really want to see another team get involved here.

- - - - - - - - - -

JT for Kieboom, Romero, Read, and Antuna and id be cool with it as much as i like Soto. I'd hold out for Soto as long as humanly possible though. I really want star power in a JT deal more than more depth. It wouldnt surprise me to see us go with depth though if theyre forced to.
            Ya first 2 won't happen and u won't get Soto AND Antuna or Garcia

Probably even be able to get a young OF like Stevenson,Johnson,Bautista or another prospect included

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              U have seen the light finally??
              I'd probably need Antuna or Garcia in that deal as well.

Kieboom, Crowe, Antuna, Read and Raquet. Something like that.

Comment

Ya Antuna is better with bat and Garcia has a bat and can stick at SS. Much like u said Denbo knows who he likes since NYY probably tried to get them both so either one is cool
                both incredibly young for what they did in the GCL regardless so ya, let Denbo pick and trust in his specialty.

Comment

I'd probably need Antuna or Garcia in that deal as well.

Kieboom, Crowe, Antuna, Read and Raquet. Something like that.
                  Agree with u. First 4 and then go with young OF prospect or mid level arm

- - - - - - - - - -

Doesnt matter much right now. Fish seem to be sticking to guns but still have few more weeks to go

Comment

Agree with u. First 4 and then go with young OF prospect or mid level arm

- - - - - - - - - -

Doesnt matter much right now. Fish seem to be sticking to guns but still have few more weeks to go
                    Ive really got to think the Nats eventually cave. It makes sense for both sides. Nats already have robles who is ML ready, Soto has a few years to the majors and they would fill their biggest remaining need in Harper's last year under contract. I think they go all in and eventually cave on Soto. It would help a lot though if we got another team involved.

I think eventually another team does get involved though and it will surprise us. How often do we ever see a deal discussed this long and eventually have it go down as expected?

- - - - - - - - - -

Just looking at that BP list for the first time, one thing that stands out is that Brinson is higher than any non-braves Acuna prospect.

- - - - - - - - - -

Holy shit though i hadnt seen they had Sierra so high. That's pretty surprising.

Comment

Kieboom can hit the big question about him is can he stick at SS? If u think he can then he is a offensive SS and rate him higher than most. The problem is most think he is headed to 3B which brings his value down. Maybe Denbo thinks he can stick at SS?

He is better overall than James Nelson however Nelson is pretty much the same player and we have a young 3B already
                      I've seen 2B, SS, 3B, or corner OF for his possibilities, so really any of that works if he is going to hit and be passable defensively anywhere. Someone can move to 1B. Maybe Diaz sucks and he's a 2B. Maybe Sierra is a 4th OF and he's the LF along with Brinson and Harrison. Who knows. I think the point is getting someone who can play, and it Kieboom is more of a top 40-70 guy, versus a 90-120 guy where it seems he is landing elsewhere, that's pretty interesting

Comment

Realmuto for Robles

Since it's pretty much agreed they won't do # 2 (even if it's not a bad trade on paper), this is where you absorb a lot of Wieters contract to help them with the luxury tax, or get Barraclough involved. Maybe both. Use your cheap payrolls and RP you probably don't care about longterm and get your guys.

Soto, Kieboom, Read/Severino, C+ arm 2-3+ years away, and Wieters
                        Realmuto and Barraclough

No money exchanged. Bail them out and throw them a carrot in Barraclough to get Soto in the deal. Marlins can still dump Straily, Bour, Castro, Ziegler, Tazawa, Prado, Dietrich, and Wieters himself between now and July 31 to keep lowering that money so it's a non-issue for the Marlins to take him on for 2018 payroll. Pretty sure everyone is happy with both teams.

Nationals get 3 years of Realmuto, 4 years of Barraclough, and dump $7.5 million in 2018 to do whatever with in Harper, Murphy, Gio, Madsen, etc. walk year. That's a good deal for them.

Comment

if youre near free agency within the time in which we have no shot of contending, yes. And im cool with it so long as the requesting of the trade doesnt affect the value of the package received. Im admittedly pro players in situations like this across all sports, but i dont blame JT at all. Imagine working your whole life towards a goal and at your peak as an athlete a team is essentially saying they are trying to lose for at least the next 2-3 years in a row. I dont blame either side for their position.
                          I agree with for a change, and it's a really crappy situation for JT.....very unfair, and hurts him in so many ways if he gets stuck here.

Comment

• Just FWIW, that mlb.com list announced that our top 30 list (nl east lists) will be out february 20th. That is, unless they put us in the top 10 systems which will be released earlier in march. unless JT gets traded we wont be top 10, and even then still probably wont i would think.

Comment

as ive said, they definitely have talent elsewhere in the system that could get JT's value in a deal, the problem is we need another star prospect more than we need more prospect depth.
                              Even if we took this at face value (even though other reputable sites say otherwise), the #71, 76, and 87 isn't good enough IMO. Not even close. This team needs high end prospects. You guys are getting worn down because we all know Miami is going to settle. This is not a good package for a player of Realmuto's value. Remember when we were only trading him for an overpay?

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                                Even if we took this at face value (even though other reputable sites say otherwise), the #71, 76, and 87 isn't good enough IMO. Not even close. This team needs high end prospects. You guys are getting worn down because we all know Miami is going to settle. This is not a good package for a player of Realmuto's value. Remember when we were only trading him for an overpay?
                                I agree that this team needs top end guys for JT which is why i think we should hold out for Soto, but you are overrating the hell out of JT's value if you think 3 top 100 prospects + another flier isnt even close. You can say the marlins should want to hold out for a star for JT, and i agree, but thats good value for JT.
                                Last edited by fish16; 02-05-2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X