X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    JT's trade value goes up now right?

Give us Robles.
    Marginally, he will be $2 million cheaper in arbitration years unless he really explodes

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    what are compareables for other catchers in their first year of arbitration?
    Yea, so Gattis got $3.3 (plus a .1 buyout option for the next year) in 2016 (as part of a 2 year buyout so I think that counts. They split the different in tenders). He had 3.5 career WAR at the time, meaning Realmuto literally doubled his production. This is not to mention Gattis played in the OF half the time.

That is such a load of shit. I still think MLBTR had it right with a $4.2 million projection. What in god's name are these guys looking at? HR hit? Gattis sure hit a lot more! He's better!

Not many others - Posey, LuCroy, Gomes, S. Perez bought out; going back many years to Miguel Montero (2mil in 2010, 3 WAR total), Wilson Ramos (2.1 in 2014, 4+ WAR), J.Castro ($2.45m in 2014, 4.9 war BUT 4.4 War in prior year).

Maybe there are others, but this is screaming catchers are evaluated incredibly wrong in arbitration. I think the problem is Posey signed a $167 or whatever million contract and avoided it. He would have set a market for this.

Poor JT. This is some bullshit.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    JT must be full TILTING right now.
    He should be on the phone with MLBPA and tell them to get their shit together and start campaigning for catchers because relievers who get a couple saves and produce half as much as him get paid more.

What a golden opportunity for the Marlins to give him an extension though. $2.9 million and hope you stay healthy and get any stats on this team, or take this $45 million contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      Same. They are both in their first year of arbitration too, right? Would make sense if one was in their 2nd year and the other their 1st, but im fairly certain they are both in their first year. Although Bour has been a really damn good hitter every year he's been healthy.
      I thought the health thing would've tilted it in the Marlins' favor.

Originally posted by lou View Post
      What a golden opportunity for the Marlins to give him an extension though. $2.9 million and hope you stay healthy and get any stats on this team, or take this $45 million contract.
      Heck, offer him a decent contract that buys out this year at a greater rate than the 2.9M (closer to his 3.5M, if not at that figure) to help make him happy.

Comment

• What are the Marlins getting in the pitching prospects acquired in five trades this offseason?

Here’s what Marlins people and evaluators are saying about them:

▪ Right-hander Jorge Guzman, acquired in the Giancarlo Stanton trade with the Yankees: Was 5-3 with a 2.30 ERA and 88 strikeouts in 62 2/3 innings at Single A Staten Island. Will open the season in the minors.

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads
        American League scout: “One of the best arms, velocity wise, I have seen in a lot of years. Projects as a No. 2 starter to me, maybe even a No. 1 and I could also see him being a top-notch closer. Throws a curve that’s more of a slider with good velocity and bite on it. Change-up is inconsistent because of age; that will be an above average pitch.”

Never miss a local story.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
        ESPN’s Keith Law: “Throws hard, 98-100 mph even as a starter, with fringy to below-average everything else and no deception. He turns 22 in January and has yet to pitch in full-season ball.”

Fangraphs’ Eric Longenhagen: “If Marlins player development can improve his changeup, or develop a different third pitch, his ceiling as a rotation piece is quite high.” Also believes he could be “an elite” reliever.

Sirius XM’s Jim Bowden: “Freakish arm strength. Highest fastball average velocity in all of professional baseball (majors or minors) plus slider, average changeup.”

Marlins executive Gary Denbo: “No other starter in baseball has an average fastball as high as Jorge Guzman [99 mph], not only this year but I think as far back as they have been measuring it. So it’s obvious he has a great arm. He has an ability to strike out hitters, which I value.”

▪ Right-hander Nick Neidert, acquired in Dee Gordon trade with Seattle: Mariners’ second-round pick in 2015 was 11-6, 3.45 ERA at Single A and Double A, with 122 strikeouts but also 128 hits allowed in 127 2/3 innings. Likely to start the season in the minors.

Bowden: “Nick Neidert has great pitch ability. Advanced feel to pitch for 21 years old.”

ESPN’s Law: “He’s a command guy with an average fastball and limited ceiling, profiling as a No. 4 starter at best with a fair chance he’s just an up-and-down starter, given his average fastball and lack of a swing-and-miss pitch.”

Denbo: “We believe he has every chance in the future to join our starting rotation. Only 20 years old. He’s got four pitches, has the ability to command his fastball. His changeup is plus. We like the movement he has on the fastball because it’s different than what you normally see. He’s got the deception, which makes it very difficult for batters to pick up the ball. There are a lot of qualities there that make us believe he can help us with our starting rotation in Miami.”

▪ Right-hander Robert Dugger, acquired in Gordon trade with Seattle: Was 6-6, with a 2.75 ERA for two Class A teams last season. Had 116 strikeouts, allowed 104 hits, in 117 2/3 innings. Likely at least a year away.

Bowden: “A sleeper. Metrically graded above average in multiple areas.”

ESPN’s Law: “A solid organizational arm with control rather than stuff. He did perform well after moving to the rotation in the spring, but is much more likely to reach the majors as a reliever if at all.”

▪ Right-hander Sandy Alcantara, acquired in the Marcell Ozuna trade with St. Louis: The 22-year-old was 7-5 with a 4.31 ERA in 25 games at Double A Springfield, with 125 hits allowed and 106 strikeouts in 125 1/3 innings. Had a 4.32 ERA and 10 strikeouts in 8 1/3 innings with St. Louis. Wouldn’t be surprising if he’s in the Marlins’ rotation at some point this year.

Law: “Was among the Cardinals’ best pitching prospects, but isn’t yet ready for a major-league rotation spot, promising huge upside but with some bullpen risk. He has been clocked throwing 95-100 mph as a starter and shows four pitches, barely using a changeup but flashing both a hard upper-80s slider that touches 90 and a sharp but inconsistent curveball at 79-84 mph. He’s listed at 6-5 and probably still under 200 pounds, although he still has some room to fill out.

“For as hard as Alcantara throws, he gives up a lot of hard contact, and he’s going to have to develop his changeup more and also get at least one breaking ball to above-average to be able to start. But he can do all of that, showing enough already to put that within the realm of possibility. Alcantara could end up a No. 2 starter, but there’s legitimate risk he never gets close to that, ending up as an Edwin Jackson sort of back-end starter, or perhaps going to the bullpen if he can’t miss enough bats as a starter.”

Denbo: “I think he is close. You can probably say that every one of the pitchers that we acquired need to work on their fastball command to ensure that they are able to locate fastballs where major league hitters aren’t going to be able to impact them. You can say the same about Sandy. That’s our No. 1 objective with all of our pitchers to ensure they have good control of their fastball.”

▪ Right hander Jordan Yamamoto, acquired in the Christian Yelich trade with Milwaukee. Was 9-4, with a 2.51 ERA in advanced A ball last season, allowing a .223 average. Had 113 strikeouts in 110 innings. Could be a year or two away.

Law: “Yamamoto is a command and control right-hander who pitched very well in high-A last year at 21, but at just 6 feet tall he doesn’t get any plane on his fastball, making him fly ball and potentially homer-prone. He comes from a lower slot that might pose platoon issues at higher levels, although that was not an issue in 2017.”

Longenhagen: “He’s a little undersized, has a low three-quarters arm slot, and pitches at 89-92 with his fastball, occasionally touching 94. His fastball gets tagged when Yamamoto doesn’t get it up in the upper third of the zone and above, and he shows the ball to left-handed hitters pretty early, concerning some about his ability to start. … His changeup is below average, as is his command. I have Yamamoto projected in relief, where I think his fastball will tick up a bit, though some feel he’s got a shot to pitch at the back of a rotation.”

▪ Right-hander Zac Gallen, acquired in the Ozuna trade with St. Louis: The third-round pick out of North Carolina in 2016 was 10-8 with a 2.93 ERA in Single, Double and Triple A combined last season. Could be on the Marlins at some point this season.

Law: “Lacks an out pitch and is likely to end up in the pen or as a fifth or sixth starter.”

Denbo: “A young starting pitching candidate we think he is going to help in our rotation. We like his delivery. He’s got all of the tools of a super starting pitcher in the major leagues. Velocity is plus, got a four pitch mix, has got three above average pitches. He’s able to locate his fastball effectively. Zac’s a guy who repeats his delivery effectively. … That translates into excellent candidate to be a future starting pitcher in our rotation. We’re very excited to add him.”

▪ Left-hander Daniel Castano, acquired in the Ozuna trade with St. Louis: Was 9-3 with a 2.57 ERA in low-level A ball. The least regarded of the four prospects. Wasn’t ranked among Cardinals’ top 30 prospects. Could be years away.

Law: “Was a senior sign out of Baylor in 2016 [19th rounder] and has yet to reach full-season ball at age 23.”

▪ Left-hander Caleb Smith, acquired from the Yankees in a trade involving prospects. Was 9-1 with a 2.39 ERA in Triple A last season and had a 7.71 ERA in 18 2/3 innings for the Yankees. Candidate for the big-league rotation in spring training.

American League scout: “The stuff is there. Would have been taken in Rule 5 draft if hadn’t been traded first.”

Denbo: “Had great success in Triple A with the Yankees last year and we think he’s going to be able to compete for a starting spot in the rotation here in 2018.”

Here’s my look from earlier this week on position players acquired in the trades.
        Nice little article on the pitchers we've gotten thus far by Barry Jackson. I hadnt even looked at Dugger's numbers, he looks like a really interesting prospect numbers wise. At the very least another potential bullpen arm.

Comment

Implied in "just about as certain as assets get" is that it does not mean that they are a sure thing. They are as close to a sure thing as it gets. That doesnt mean they are guaranteed stars, but they are the closest thing to it in terms of prospects. The fact that you then get them for team control for cheap for 6 years gives them absurd value.

I have said if he will sign an extension between now and the deadline, you do it in a heartbeat. But waiting and hoping to do it in the next 3 years until his free agency is a great way to eventually diminish his value and possibly lose him for nothing or trade him for a much reduced price if you wait until, say, the trade deadline the year of his free agency. Especially considering there will be extensive losing going on for the next 2 years at least and he's already requested a trade, the likelihood that he's gonna be happier with the organization in 2 years going into his free agency is not high. It's possible you can convince him, but where we are in year 1 of a rebuild with our current farm system, you get the prospects and continue developing the prospects for 2020 and further on and dont take the risk of diminishing his value. A lot of his value is tied into the fact that he has 3 years of team control remaining.

I think they can make some sort of deal that adds up to JT's value without Soto, but i probably wouldnt do it without him just given our lack of star power in the system. We could probably get JT's value in a big 5 for 1 type deal is all im saying just going based upon what i think JT's value actually is, but i also probably wouldnt do that given our current system and how many other guys we can trade for mid level prospects from now until the deadline. We need stars and thats why id prefer to do a quality over quantity trade for JT in particular. My only point was that there is possibly some sort of package that value wise could add up to JT, not that that id want them to take that if they wouldnt relent on not trading soto.

The marlins have had to come down on their asking price because they went in big dicking it and asked for a ridiculous package of Bichette and Vlad Jr. It doesnt hurt to ask, but there was also 0 chance that was ever going to happen. You can call it coming down on their asking price or frame it however you want, but I view that as reality setting in and the true value of their assets being established based on the offers available in the market.

I did not express dissatisfaction with the trade, I initially expressed dissatisfaction with Alcantara being the led guy in the deal, and im still dissatisfied with that as I like Flaherty as a safer SP prospect, but as ive stated now multiple times its not mutually exclusive to have wanted Flaherty as the lead guy and still like the total package they ended up receiving in the end.

In no way have they gotten pennies on the dollar for any of them. You could argue the Stanton trade, but i think we both agree there are extenuating circumstances to that deal that make it difficult to grade their return, i.e. the full NTC and the biggest contract in sports history.
          "Just as certain as it gets" is, by definition, a near certainty. You can't then qualify it with "closest thing in terms of prospects", because again, prospects are very far from a sure thing no matter how highly they are rated.

You don't have to wait two and a half years to trade him. There's a big difference in me saying you don't have to trade him right now, and suggesting we shouldn't trade him until right before he's a FA. You can feel the process out. But you absolutely do not have to take the best offer right now, especially when that offer is crap.

Making a deal that is worthwhile without including Soto is impossible. Seriously. Their system just isn't that good after those two. I really don't see how anyone could objectively say that. It would be a total shot in the dark that any of those guys would ever make it to the majors, let alone become good players.

I agree asking for Bichette and Vlad is a lot. But think about the gap between that and what they got. It's huge. Again, that is coming down on their asking price by definition, whether you think they were asking for too much or not. And they did it in 3 of the 4 deals they've made. You said I had no evidence of that, and I provided it. What there is zero evidence of, is Miami actually getting a team to up their offer.

You did express dissatisfaction. I provided several examples of it. And you should have. It really wasn't a great package, and most people around baseball agree with this.

Again, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Yes, there were extenuating circumstances on the Stanton deal, but I've said all along that I think Miami could have played their hand better there. They weren't going to get full value for an MVP candidate, but I think they could have done better, but chose to throw their hands up and get it over with. I've already expressed my feelings on the Ozuna deal. The Yelich deal was by far the best, but it wasn't an overwhelmingly good deal. It was solid. I think they could have held out for better, or simply kept Yelich, but it was fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
            "Just as certain as it gets" is, by definition, a near certainty. You can't then qualify it with "closest thing in terms of prospects", because again, prospects are very far from a sure thing no matter how highly they are rated.

You don't have to wait two and a half years to trade him. There's a big difference in me saying you don't have to trade him right now, and suggesting we shouldn't trade him until right before he's a FA. You can feel the process out. But you absolutely do not have to take the best offer right now, especially when that offer is crap.

Making a deal that is worthwhile without including Soto is impossible. Seriously. Their system just isn't that good after those two. I really don't see how anyone could objectively say that. It would be a total shot in the dark that any of those guys would ever make it to the majors, let alone become good players.

I agree asking for Bichette and Vlad is a lot. But think about the gap between that and what they got. It's huge. Again, that is coming down on their asking price by definition, whether you think they were asking for too much or not. And they did it in 3 of the 4 deals they've made. You said I had no evidence of that, and I provided it. What there is zero evidence of, is Miami actually getting a team to up their offer.

You did express dissatisfaction. I provided several examples of it. And you should have. It really wasn't a great package, and most people around baseball agree with this.

Again, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Yes, there were extenuating circumstances on the Stanton deal, but I've said all along that I think Miami could have played their hand better there. They weren't going to get full value for an MVP candidate, but I think they could have done better, but chose to throw their hands up and get it over with. I've already expressed my feelings on the Ozuna deal. The Yelich deal was by far the best, but it wasn't an overwhelmingly good deal. It was solid. I think they could have held out for better, or simply kept Yelich, but it was fine.
            A near certainty, also by definition, isnt a complete certainty. We can argue semantics if you want, but top 5 prospects in baseball are some of the most sure things you can get, and just the way baseball contracts work for the first 6 years of team control make that potential of stardom incredibly valuable. Thats all im saying. We can argue over the semantics of the language, but all im saying is that they are the closest things in terms of prospects that you can get to surefire things without actually knowing that yet and the fact that you get those for super cheap for over half a decade makes them even more valuable.

Waiting anything past the trade deadline is just going to diminish the offer. IF you want to keep him until next offseason, OK, we could debate that, but anything past that and youre diminishing the asset severely, and there is almost no chance he will sign an extension. Ive said you do everything possible to try to sign him long term immediately. Id be cool with even overpaying him a little bit given that we will have super small payrolls the next few years, but if he shows that he has no intention of re-signing, you move him before the deadline or at the VERY LATEST next offseason. Im not advocating taking a crap package. He is a valuable asset though(not Vlad JR or Robles valuable though), and you will be able to shop him and get a good package now or before the deadline, whether it be for Soto or another team's offer.

I could come up with an offer that would be interesting without Soto or Robles that would be valuable, but it would need to be a super huge package in terms of quantity and given that we need more star power and Realmuto is our last real piece that could get us that barring something unforeseen, I probably wouldnt do it unless it is absurd. I wasnt saying anything significant, just that there are a bunch of interesting guys in their system after the top 2 that would interest me if all of them were included in 1 deal. I wouldnt do it though just because i think JT needs to get you another really upper echelon prospect rather than more prospect depth.

The gap between what they asked for and what they got was huge because what they asked for was ridiculous. This is obviously taking it to the extreme, but if im shopping Miguel Rojas and i ask for Vlad JR an Bichette and end up with a nothing prospect because that is what Rojas is truly worth, that doesnt mean im coming down on my asking price so much as im getting a more accurate depiction of the market value for a player. No team truly really ever ups their offer from the initial asking price on a player. No team goes into a negotiation not asking for the most they think they could possibly get, and then some. That's kind of a basic tenant of negotiation. IF youre trying to buy a house, youre not gonna go in and offer market value and what you think the house is truly worth, youre gonna see if you can get the house on the cheap if it is at all possible.

I have now admitted i expressed dissatisfaction multiple times, but that dissatisfaction was at Alcantara being the lead guy in a trade and not at the overall package itself. It was based on wanting Flaherty as a lead guy and not having a more risky SP prospect as the lead guy in the deal for Ozuna. In that way, im still dissatisfied with the return. But having seen more moves, it is clear it was done with the intent of getting better secondary prospects to continue to increase the depth in the system, like theyve done in the Phelps, Dee, and Yelich trade as well.

- - - - - - - - - -

Realmuto's agent essentially just went public for the first time on JT's trade request. Fuck. Also, this further cements how little interest he has in re-signing here.

Six weeks after multiple media outlets including The Miami Herald reported J.T. Realmuto’s preference to go to another team, his agent confirmed for the first time on Friday evening that the catcher would like to be traded - and that losing his arbitration hearing earlier in the day has nothing to do with that.

“No matter how his arbitration hearing turned out, J.T.’s preference remains the same,” agent Jeff Berry, co-head of CAA baseball, said in his first public comments on Realmuto this offseason. “He would like to be traded to another organization before spring training so he has an opportunity to compete for a championship.”

The Marlins previously granted Christian Yelich’s trade request two weeks after his agent, Joe Longo, expressed his client’s interest in being traded.

Realmuto lost his arbitration hearing earlier Friday and will make $2.9 million, not the $3.5 million he requested.

The Marlins have been considering offers for Realmuto but have been holding out for multiple high-end prospects.

After trading Giancarlo Stanton, Marlins CEO and co-owner Derek Jeter said: “Understand, you don't want to have someone that does not want to be part of the organization.”

That sentiment could help Realmuto get his wish.

Realmuto, 26 and under team control through 2020, is considered among the game’s best young catchers.

He hit .278, with 17 homers, 65 RBI and eight steals in 10 attempts in 141 games last season and his .994 fielding percentage ranked fifth among National League catchers.

MLB.com reported 12 teams have called about Realmuto, with Washington reportedly among the most serious suitors.

And Fanrag’s Jon Heyman reported that while the Nationals are “believed unwilling to part with either of its top two outfield prospects, Victor Robles or Juan Soto,... the Nats have some other young players and prospects who could form a deal for Realmuto, and six they are believed willing to consider are young outfielder Michael Taylor, shortstop Carter Kieboom, pitchers Erick Fedde and Seth Romero, and catchers Pedro Severino and Raudy Read.”
            http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...198187334.html

- - - - - - - - - -

They better not include Michael Taylor as any significant piece in any deal aside from just a throw in to take up some ab's for a little bit until the prospects are ready. He is not a piece that is, for one, good at all, and 2, a piece that makes any sense for our team's future.

Comment

• So now, all any player has to do is say they don’t want to be here (who would With the revolving door we are?) and Jeter will Trade you.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                So now, all any player has to do is say they don’t want to be here (who would With the revolving door we are?) and Jeter will Trade you.
                if youre near free agency within the time in which we have no shot of contending, yes. And im cool with it so long as the requesting of the trade doesnt affect the value of the package received. Im admittedly pro players in situations like this across all sports, but i dont blame JT at all. Imagine working your whole life towards a goal and at your peak as an athlete a team is essentially saying they are trying to lose for at least the next 2-3 years in a row. I dont blame either side for their position.

Comment

A near certainty, also by definition, isnt a complete certainty. We can argue semantics if you want, but top 5 prospects in baseball are some of the most sure things you can get, and just the way baseball contracts work for the first 6 years of team control make that potential of stardom incredibly valuable. Thats all im saying. We can argue over the semantics of the language, but all im saying is that they are the closest things in terms of prospects that you can get to surefire things without actually knowing that yet and the fact that you get those for super cheap for over half a decade makes them even more valuable.

Waiting anything past the trade deadline is just going to diminish the offer. IF you want to keep him until next offseason, OK, we could debate that, but anything past that and youre diminishing the asset severely, and there is almost no chance he will sign an extension. Ive said you do everything possible to try to sign him long term immediately. Id be cool with even overpaying him a little bit given that we will have super small payrolls the next few years, but if he shows that he has no intention of re-signing, you move him before the deadline or at the VERY LATEST next offseason. Im not advocating taking a crap package. He is a valuable asset though(not Vlad JR or Robles valuable though), and you will be able to shop him and get a good package now or before the deadline, whether it be for Soto or another team's offer.

I could come up with an offer that would be interesting without Soto or Robles that would be valuable, but it would need to be a super huge package in terms of quantity and given that we need more star power and Realmuto is our last real piece that could get us that barring something unforeseen, I probably wouldnt do it unless it is absurd. I wasnt saying anything significant, just that there are a bunch of interesting guys in their system after the top 2 that would interest me if all of them were included in 1 deal. I wouldnt do it though just because i think JT needs to get you another really upper echelon prospect rather than more prospect depth.

The gap between what they asked for and what they got was huge because what they asked for was ridiculous. This is obviously taking it to the extreme, but if im shopping Miguel Rojas and i ask for Vlad JR an Bichette and end up with a nothing prospect because that is what Rojas is truly worth, that doesnt mean im coming down on my asking price so much as im getting a more accurate depiction of the market value for a player. No team truly really ever ups their offer from the initial asking price on a player. No team goes into a negotiation not asking for the most they think they could possibly get, and then some. That's kind of a basic tenant of negotiation. IF youre trying to buy a house, youre not gonna go in and offer market value and what you think the house is truly worth, youre gonna see if you can get the house on the cheap if it is at all possible.

I have now admitted i expressed dissatisfaction multiple times, but that dissatisfaction was at Alcantara being the lead guy in a trade and not at the overall package itself. It was based on wanting Flaherty as a lead guy and not having a more risky SP prospect as the lead guy in the deal for Ozuna. In that way, im still dissatisfied with the return. But having seen more moves, it is clear it was done with the intent of getting better secondary prospects to continue to increase the depth in the system, like theyve done in the Phelps, Dee, and Yelich trade as well.

- - - - - - - - - -

Realmuto's agent essentially just went public for the first time on JT's trade request. Fuck. Also, this further cements how little interest he has in re-signing here.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...198187334.html

- - - - - - - - - -

They better not include Michael Taylor as any significant piece in any deal aside from just a throw in to take up some ab's for a little bit until the prospects are ready. He is not a piece that is, for one, good at all, and 2, a piece that makes any sense for our team's future.
                  Again, though. Without getting into the semantics, "as sure as it gets as a prospect" still comes with significant risk because they are still a prospect. That's the point I'm trying to make. Obviously these guys are incredibly valuable, but top prospects get moved for good, proven players. That's the tradeoff, proven vs. higher ceiling.

I disagree about waiting past the trade deadline, but even waiting until the trade deadline would be better than taking the crap offer Washington is currently offering. But if Realmuto improves his numbers this year, he would be even more valuable next offseason whether he's a year closer to FA or not. He'd still be under control for 2 more years. And I really don't care that he is asking to be traded, and hopefully Miami doesn't either. That's not how it works when you have three more years under team control. I still think there is plenty of time to change his mind as well.

Again, we just disagree here. They just don't have enough talent after Soto. There's no way you couldn't find a better package somewhere else eventually, and there would be the added benefit of not moving him within the division.

I agree that asking for Bichette and Guererro was too much, but Miami felt that they at least had a chance to get that. So they clearly valued him at least around there. Logic would tell you that they probably incrementally lowered their offer until settling on the best they could get. Personally, I feel had they played their hand better, they could have gotten more. That's getting negotiated down. In the Yankees deal it was even worse despite the extra challenges.

Comment

• Someone posted this on twitter(NO clue if true since not loading for me)Might be a solid arm to keep on the ML team especially as a RP

Elieser Hernandez 2017-2018 Venezuelan Winter League stats:

GS: 10
                    ERA: 2.11
                    IP: 42.2
                    H: 24
                    ER: 10
                    HR: 0
                    SO: 44
                    BB: 12
                    BF: 162
                    WHIP: 0.844
                    H9: 5.1
                    BB9: 2.5
                    SO9: 9.3

- - - - - - - - - -

Interesting read if anyone wants to understand how a solid the IFA/Academy works

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.62db18d86049
                    Last edited by tjfla; 02-04-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Jon Morosi‏Verified account
                      @jonmorosi
                      Following Following @jonmorosi
                      More
                      Sources: #Marlins, #Nationals remain in touch but have not made progress on a J.T. Realmuto trade. Thus far, Miami has asked for deal to include Victor Robles or Juan Soto; Nats have said no. (@JonHeyman first reported Robles as part of ask.) @MLB @MLBNetwork

8:26 AM - 5 Feb 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                        Jon Morosi‏Verified account
                        @jonmorosi
                        More
                        Sources: #Marlins, #Nationals remain in touch but have not made progress on a J.T. Realmuto trade. Thus far, Miami has asked for deal to include Victor Robles or Juan Soto; Nats have said no. (@JonHeyman first reported Robles as part of ask.) @MLB @MLBNetwork

Yep Fish staying strong so far. They have moved off of Robles but want a package of Soto/Catcher and more. Nats are still countering with Kieboom/Fedde/Catcher and more

We need another team to jump in or something otherwise they will have to make a big decision. Washington has already made a move with Montero signing and JT already made one by saying he wants to be somewhere else by March

Before anyone says extend him. His agent has told us he will NOT sign an extension with us so that option is out
                        Last edited by tjfla; 02-05-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Yep Fish staying strong so far. They have moved off of Robles but want a package of Soto/Catcher and more. Nats are still countering with Kieboom/Fedde/Catcher and more

We need another team to jump in or something otherwise they will have to make a big decision. Washington has already made a move with Montero signing and JT already made one by saying he wants to be somewhere else by March

Before anyone says extend him. His agent has told us he will NOT sign an extension with us so that option is out
                          Trading him is the most likely option...but just because he says that he won't extend now, doesn't mean he'll feel the same a year from now. Still, I'm glad they aren't caving, especially to the Nationals.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                            Jon Morosi‏Verified account
                            @jonmorosi
                            More

I like this comment.

Random Nationals fan - "If they trade Robles for a catcher I am officially done."

Life is tough for Nationals fans. 6 winning seasons in a row, 4 playoff appearances, 2 Cy Youngs, a MVP, and a ROY. What a terrible team to root for.

Comment

• Baseball Prospectus top 100 out. https://www.baseballprospectus.com/p...-eloy-jimenez/

18. Brinson
                              49. Harrison
                              56. Sierra
                              70. Alacantra
                              85. Diaz
                              (no Guzman)

That's some shit right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                                Baseball Prospectus top 100 out. https://www.baseballprospectus.com/p...-eloy-jimenez/

18. Brinson
                                49. Harrison
                                56. Sierra
                                70. Alacantra
                                85. Diaz
                                (no Guzman)

That's some shit right there.
                                I really think he's gonna get really high on those lists by midseason/next offseason. He just hasnt played full season ball so i think guys are waiting for him to prove it at a higher level before they really move him up on those lists.

Comment

Working...
                                X